349 replies to this topic

#341 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

I love my Novas. I play the Prime in CW regularly and most times I do well with it.
10 cERMEDs, cAP,an additional heatsink and cERMED range module level 5.

Posted Image

The match ended with Clans winning, me doing most damage using the Nova and a Streakcrow (additional 1k damage with this thing). 8 kills and 24 assists all in all. But you may have to be sneaky, as someone already said.

#342 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:27 AM

View Postlatinisator, on 20 April 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

I love my Novas. I play the Prime in CW regularly and most times I do well with it.
10 cERMEDs, cAP,an additional heatsink and cERMED range module level 5.

Posted Image

The match ended with Clans winning, me doing most damage using the Nova and a Streakcrow (additional 1k damage with this thing). 8 kills and 24 assists all in all. But you may have to be sneaky, as someone already said.

use a B or A variant, their CT quirks are better.

#343 --Saint--

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 03:36 PM

Well 7 years later and the strength of this mech has certainly dwindled. I´m getting one shotted by pretty much everything and those blocky arms let everyone see you coming around a corner. I am also inexplicably getting caught on every small pebble on the ground, maybe an animation problem. I used to love this mech, now its really lackluster

#344 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 September 2022 - 07:09 PM

The 'Mech caused some frustration,
so you let off some steam
But why create a topic,
when necroposting's free?

Necro, necro, necro!
By moderation's tears!
Necro, necro, necro -
You even counted years!

#345 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 September 2022 - 04:12 AM

Sorry, my Novas are forcing me to:

NVA-PRIME

You could go for micro pulses instead of the micro ers and drop two heat sinks ad 2 points of armor.

NVA-PRIME

Yes, those are very niche builds and you have to be patient while the usual nascar-peek-long range trade goes on (depending on the map and the team mates), but you can pull nice things off with that build. Just know your ranges.

#346 --Saint--

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 06:21 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 September 2022 - 07:09 PM, said:

The 'Mech caused some frustration,
so you let off some steam
But why create a topic,
when necroposting's free?

Necro, necro, necro!
By moderation's tears!
Necro, necro, necro -
You even counted years!

lol yes you are right, guilty as charged! i was getting spanked and came on here to find some answers. I thought it would be good to add continuity to the topic as the mech has evolved over time. Its not the same mech so many years later because the game has changed since then.
Truth be told, after posting I somehow went on a multikill spree that compensated all the dying somewhat. I´m feeling better about the whole thing now.

#347 --Saint--

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 06:27 AM

View Postlatinisator, on 23 September 2022 - 04:12 AM, said:

Sorry, my Novas are forcing me to:

NVA-PRIME

You could go for micro pulses instead of the micro ers and drop two heat sinks ad 2 points of armor.

NVA-PRIME

Yes, those are very niche builds and you have to be patient while the usual nascar-peek-long range trade goes on (depending on the map and the team mates), but you can pull nice things off with that build. Just know your ranges.

Hey thanks for the builds. Short range brawling is really not my thing as I have difficulty being patient while teams close the distance. On many maps I find half my team dies to LR sniping and then I get swarmed.
I actually use the 12xMlas original for the prime. People underestimate it due to its overheating in inexperienced hands, but If you can time the bursts well, position well and maintain distance, its lethal. Even before quirks were a thing, I was doing well with it. Its challenging because it forces to to level up in fire discipline and also can be used as a trainer if you want to learn to play unlocked arms.
6xmlas (r-arm)and 6xslas (l-arm), also works well for some early mid distance peeking while cirlcing right and brawling when fully exposed.

#348 Fu Sun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMadison, Wis.

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:03 AM

View PostAnavel Gato2, on 20 June 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

Hi,

For me the Nova seems an useless mech.

Speed: 81 kmh - the same of Heavy Summoner and Timberwolf.
the Stormcrow runs over 90 kmh
So no hit and run tactics.

Weapins and ammo: it's a 50 ton medium.
Only scout mechs are weaker.

What is this mech good for? only hunt on IS mechs?

Note: i like the B version (6 lasers and 4 (four!) MGs,
but i can't see an useful tactic for him.

Thks

The Nova I keep has 12 micropulse lasers and 4 heavy machine guns. While it can't really go frontal one-on-one with an assault, if it catches anything alone, especially from behind, it will make short work of it. Great for picking off light mechs that stand still for a moment.

If you like longer range, go with ERLL and medium range lasers, throw in a TC, but of course watch the heat.

#349 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 884 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:17 AM

Novas are deadly. I use a prime with a tweak (traded six med lasers for a PPC) and it could hurt. Just run continously while try to find cover and shot what you spot. You would see that you Nova would amass a large amount of caused damaged quickly. Not fast but fricking maneuverable!

#350 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:51 AM

View PostAuric Monkey, on 23 September 2022 - 06:21 AM, said:

lol yes you are right, guilty as charged! i was getting spanked and came on here to find some answers. I thought it would be good to add continuity to the topic as the mech has evolved over time. Its not the same mech so many years later because the game has changed since then.
Truth be told, after posting I somehow went on a multikill spree that compensated all the dying somewhat. I´m feeling better about the whole thing now.

That's not actually all that odd. I find that many times my bad performance streaks are a matter of operator headspace and timing - the things I'm trying to do, and my timing for doing them, aren't meshing with the team, and that's why a 'mech that normally works well just isn't. I handle it by changing to a 'mech that performs a different role, or taking a few minutes to do something else.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users