#141 Powder Puff Pew Pew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts
  • LocationI live in a Mech Hangar

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostSICk Nick, on 24 June 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I agree whole-heartedly w this post. The Dire Wolf needs to be fixed.
I had my ass handed to me by a SDH solely because I couldn't turn fast enough and have no lower arm actuators.
I am too slow to take cover from missiles. At most I can mount a single AMS
I die due to CT damage w the rest of my whole body at 80-90% health almost every. Single. Match.

It's annoying. I get more damage in my Kit Foxes on the regular than my Dire Wolf.
If I break 300dmg in my Dire Wolf I consider that a very good game.

It needs to be fixed. The Atlas is a much, much much better mech ton for ton than a Dire Wolf.
I've hit 1554 Dmg in an atlas. I'm yet to break 400 in a Dire Wolf.

The Daishi is supposed to be slow, and I wouldnt want it to be any faster either. The fact its slow now is good cuz it gives the characteristics of a giant lumbering mech. Also the way the mech bounces up and down makes it look like its running as fast as a freakin light mech. Serious issue with the movements. I dont like the look of it moving at all, sitting still ya its great. But the movement features are all wrong. Its not what a 100 ton giant would look like hopping like a bunny would do

#142 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostPowder Puff Pew Pew, on 24 June 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

The Daishi is supposed to be slow, and I wouldnt want it to be any faster either. The fact its slow now is good cuz it gives the characteristics of a giant lumbering mech. Also the way the mech bounces up and down makes it look like its running as fast as a freakin light mech. Serious issue with the movements. I dont like the look of it moving at all, sitting still ya its great. But the movement features are all wrong. Its not what a 100 ton giant would look like hopping like a bunny would do

It is supposed to be slow, and yeah the walk does look goofy, lol. Honestly though I'd take the goofy walk if it meant my CT hitbox was fixed sooner.

#143 Cord78

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostSteven Tanner, on 23 June 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

The problems with the center toso hitbox is not just in the Direwolf. I think it's in most of the assault mechs. I have read the posts where a single ERPPC or Gauss cannon shot completely destroys the CT of an assault mech. Now if the said mech has had earlier damage, then yes, one of these attacks could take them down. But this happened to me recently. I have been running an AS7 D-DC, full ECM. I was in the Tormalaine desert gathering component points. I had made it to one of the sites untouched by anything. My armor was pristine. I then saw a red triangle coming in my direction, from behind a ridge. No direct LOS, so he didn't know I was there.
1) I targetted him (A Locust) I aimed at where I thought he would come out into the open.
2) I hit my advanced zoom and waited.
3) He came out in the right spot and I Alpha fired (2 ER large laser, AC20, 3 SRM6)
I blew his Left leg completely off, but I heat spiked.. As I was cooling, he opened fire with 2 Machine guns. When I was up I turned and resighted him and fired my AC20 and SRM's. Destroyed him, and heat spiked again. When I came back up, I heard that lovely voice say "Center torso critical damage."
He had fired for no more than 5 or 6 seconds. Now my front CT armor is 104 points. and MG ammo only does 0.08 damage. Are you telling me he fired almost 1300 rounds in 6 seconds? I don't think so. I think this is a glitch that needs to be addressed.

When you say "heat spiked" and then "When i was up" I understand that to mean you over heated and shut down. If that is the case then this makes total sense as to why you have critical damage to your CT. When you over heat and shut down your CT does take damage. I have done high heat alpha's in my Clan and IS mechs that caused me to shut down and I get critical dmg without any loss in armor it is all heat damage.

#144 Wine O

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

I wrote mech support in regards to the Direwolf CT and the reply was that the design is working as intended, no changes on the horizon.

So...there...

#145 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Direwolf was the only clan mech i thought about to buy it, because i liked the Artwork it looked really nice, but i was so happy after i saw that thrown in fat nose thing that a dont paid money for it, now stop whining you wanted to go there xD

#146 AlfalphaCat

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

Here's an idea.

Protect your CT!!! You are the pilot that chose the walking brick. ;) :ph34r:

#147 H Seldon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostWine O, on 25 June 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

I wrote mech support in regards to the Direwolf CT and the reply was that the design is working as intended, no changes on the horizon.

So...there...

guess they need to rethink that design. Plus there seems like there is some damage multiplier going on as well.

#148 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Either fix the CT of the Direwolf or give it ECM.

#149 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

Basically you gotta hope your team see's the potential in firepower you can muster by protecting your flanks, but thats kinda rare.

Hmm if they are not gonna do any re work on the dire wolf then I would say that the overall clan tweaking probably is not going to happen. Mostly thats fine by me though, I think this is as close to an acceptable balance of a release in a long while.

#150 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostWine O, on 25 June 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

So...there...

Well, as someone who's worked in support that definitely sounds like a carbon-copy support answer. Hopefully though your raising the issue to them will help bring awareness that it needs a fix.

#151 Wine O

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

I wasn't happy with the response from MWO support and sent a tweet to Russ Bullock. He responded via twitter that Direwolf CT changes are coming with the July 2nd patch.

I feel drunk with power.

Could be the wine.

#152 --Saint--

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

First off the Dire Wolf is awesome and by far my fave mech!!

I have to agree with OP though, CT hit box may be a bit too large (despite the massive snout, the Hood should function as an LRM damage spreader - Lord knows we hate LRMs)

But my problem is it doesnt seem to take many hits to rid me of 110 AP in my CT, it just feels weaker than it should be.

I once counted 4 direct LLAS (IS) hits in one match and my CT was gone when it should have had half armor left. I´ve tried to keep an eye out in every match and my general feeling is we lose CT armor far too quickly, don´t know why but it takes too few shots to core me!

Also, my damage output is strangely malfunctioning. For example, I once had a firestarter just stand in front of me and take 5 AC20 shots to the chest, plus 3 volleys of 4 ML. And not die. How is that even possible? thats 184 pts of damage in one spot!!

Maybe its just me and my lag issue but maybe its something else, but so far something feels out of balance - I just hope its not my bad ass piloting skills (literally)

o7 to Clan Wolf

#153 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Thank goodness; they reduced the size of the hitbox in today's patch. Thank you PGI for listening. I can't play at the moment as I'm at work. Is anyone noticing a difference?

#154 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostArchon, on 02 July 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

Thank goodness; they reduced the size of the hitbox in today's patch. Thank you PGI for listening. I can't play at the moment as I'm at work. Is anyone noticing a difference?

I saw that in the notes too, looking forward to how the tweak works out.

#155 Sougard

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Don’t own a Dire Wolf, but fought a few after the patch. The CT has gone from “all mech is CT” to “huge, Catapult-like”. Which is totally fine by me.

#156 Cord78

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

I played my Direwolves last night after patching. The CT is still pretty big but it wasn't as bad as it used to be and is manageable now.

I think it will tkae a few weeks of playing to see if it really does need to be tweaked some more. I am sure the dev team can view all the stats as to how mahny Dire wolves die to CT dmg compared to the dmg on the rest of the mech.

#157 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, I've also been playing after last night and it does feel a lot better. I'm not sure how much better it actually is, but so far it's a definite improvement. I'm getting a lot more enjoyment out of playing the mech and am actually taking damage in places other than my CT now.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users