- - - - -

Modules

6 replies to this topic

#1 HyperionX

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:33 AM

I LITERALLY CAN'T UNLOCK ANY MODULES!!! i HAVE 10 MILLIONS CREDITS, 6,000+ XP AND 8,000 GXP... ALL MODULES ARE STILL LOCKED... PLEASE HELP!

#2 Boris The Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

Go to Skills on the top bar, then select Pilot Trees on the left. You will see the module unlocks in there.

Edited by Boris The Spider, 22 June 2014 - 12:45 AM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

After you unlock the modules with GXP you can then purchase them with cbills and equip to a Mech. Modules (except consumables) are extremely expensive and cost millions of cbills each, if you equip a module and want to equip it again you ether purchase another (at higher cbill cost than some Mechs) or swap the module to the new Mech, if you get a lot of mechs it can become a problem to find the modules.

#4 Boris The Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:30 AM

You can find them pretty quick using the inventory and clicking through your mechs, there is a summary window that shows weapons and equiped modules... but not engines for some reason.

#5 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

Just an FYI to the OP. Modules cost a lot of GXP and c-bills. For example, I believe a cap accelerator costs 15,000 GXP to unlock. Once you've unlocked it though, it costs 6 million c-bills to buy a single cap accelerator.

Edited by mailin, 23 June 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#6 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostBoris The Spider, on 22 June 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

You can find them pretty quick using the inventory and clicking through your mechs, there is a summary window that shows weapons and equiped modules... but not engines for some reason.

I would like this added to that page...also when in private groups we need to allow users to see engine size. I'm often asked about my loadout and when they say "what engine?" im forced to give them an "ugh...i dunno..." because i cant remember them all.

Dont waste money on buying numerous modules of the same kind. Just swap them, you can only play with one mech at a time so why spend millions on modules that cant be used? Same goes for engines IMO. Also DON'T WASTE GXP, wait until you have unlocked all modules before you spend it on mech skill points. You will thank yourself later :D.

#7 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

Darth, I generally agree with not wasting GXP. However, if you have a LOT of GXP (for example I have nearly 100k), it's okay to use it to level a mech that you'd otherwise be loath to. Also, while buying a single engine or module may work if you only have a few mechs, I currently have 83. All have the proper modules and engines for three reasons. 1) I hate having to search for a module or engine. 2) If a drop goes badly and I rage quite after I die, I don't want to have to wait for the match to finish so I can grab an engine or module. 3) If I drop in a 4 man, I don't want to force everyone to wait while I find and equip engines and modules.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users