Please Remove Obstacles (Boulders Sticking Out Everywhere, Low Tiny Buildings, Icebergs And Tow Cars Away)

83 replies to this topic

#81 RiggsIron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:23 AM

+1 to the OP

Unless terrain is made to be destructable, mech the size of a small building, esp say a 200,000 lbs mech - should NOT be getting stuck on small rocks, edges of buildings, or slight inclines, or freaking pipes that are 5 feet high on a 30 foot mech.

Or frakking tree roots. Its ridiculous.

#82 Ursus_Spiritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 292 posts
  • LocationDecrypting your Authentication codes.

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

Destructive terrain. Obstacles should be in the game as that is part of piloting a mech in combat...

Destroyed mechs should stay on the field and smolder. Craters, buildings collapse, bridges collapse...

Interactive environment, water be more effective in cooling, splashes...

I like the Bog map, forces you to be more aware of your movement and surroundings.

#83 The Wakelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:16 AM

View PostMekwarrior, on 22 June 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

Many of the maps (frozen city night, canyon network, river city and others to a lesser extent such as forest colony) are ruined in my opinion by hundreds of low obstacles everywhere such as boulders sticking out everywhere along the side of the canyon, cars left on the streets, fences, buildings with protruding columns stuck to the outside walls that look like legs, small buildings attached to the outside of large buildings with lights on top, land icebergs and too many low small buildings (one story or less than one story).

I believe it is ruining gameplay when using torso twist properly or reversing you are constantly getting stuck on the obstacles in the middle of combat and there is no reverse view to see them).
Leading to more problems with people complaining about alpha strikes when you get stuck (hence ghost heat to fix it etc).
I am guessing you run tall mechs, such as the Banshee & Atlas. I know with tall mechs I run into this problem, especially if it means that small car blocks my pitiful excuse for acceleration.

However, when I play my smaller & faster mechs, I love those things. If it wasn't for all the small terrain changes I'd die 20 times faster. It blocks Line of Sight & gives me cover, but more than that it really adds to the game in terms of structure & setting.

I agree some ability to see behind you would be nice. Occasionally I swap to TPV if I get stuck for a few seconds.

#84 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:17 AM

I never understood why our mechs cannot step over something as low as those pipes. Maybe not at full speed, lifting a foot up higher takes time, but getting stuck is a pita. Most of the time this happens is when I am torso twisted, that is pretty much the worst moment and gets me killed often.

The slope climbing penalty is much too high as well. Especially for heavy and assault mechs,

I am not certain if destructibility would really solve the problem though. Often it is smaller rocks or other durable materials that form the obstacle. Of course destructible objects would add too the game experience so I hope they will come at some point. Other than the getting stuck issue it is not a serious problem though, just a nice to have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users