126 replies to this topic

#21 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

I'm not sure if anyone found this bug, but when I bought a new D-DC with command console, once I zoomed in, it was locked at 2.24x and I couldn't zoom back out.

Note: I had set my "Z" key to 2nd lvl zoom and overwrote the incremental zoom function it was originally designed for.

Edited by Karpundir, 24 June 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#22 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

View PostKarpundir, on 24 June 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

I'm not sure if anyone found this bug, but when I bought a new D-DC with command console, once I zoomed in, it was locked at 2.24x and I couldn't zoom back out.

Note: I had set my "Z" key to 2nd lvl zoom and overwrote the incremental zoom function it was originally designed for.

wrong section man

#23 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 24 June 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

I call BS cause I just did this and lost no more that 1%

I just did it 4 more times in my Jenner F.

Ran into the Cataphract and it my legs.

also slide down the mountain on H10/I10 or any normal sliding spot. For lights I was seeing my Jenner losing leg health >3% 4 out of 5 times. that last time was ~4% but who know since the % are rounding numbers not actual leg specific values

#24 babboa

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Damage doesnt always seem to scale properly with height of fall. For example, having issues sliding down hills and taking lots of damage (7-8%) from one of the smaller hills on alpine. Looks to be taking multiple "hits" from each little bump in the terrain. For comparison, straight jump with no feathering from the I9 hill down to the bottom only did 3-5%.This was with a stock champion jenner.

Edited by babboa, 24 June 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#25 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 24 June 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

wrong section man

Where does it go? I see no feedback thread other than this one.

#26 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostKarpundir, on 24 June 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Where does it go? I see no feedback thread other than this one.

http://mwomercs.com/...ence-equipment/

#27 Dymlos2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

View Postpoopenshire, on 24 June 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

I just did it 4 more times in my Jenner F.

Ran into the Cataphract and it my legs.

also slide down the mountain on H10/I10 or any normal sliding spot. For lights I was seeing my Jenner losing leg health >3% 4 out of 5 times. that last time was ~4% but who know since the % are rounding numbers not actual leg specific values

It's no where near as bad as you make it out to be but you're mad that you take damage when you run into mechs? Isn't that a good thing? Don't run into mechs!

#28 CG Chicken Kn

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationSt. Catharines, Ontario

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

Seems a touch excessive on lights. 4 jj Kit fox, canyon, hovering my way down like i always do, and a bit of damage taken even while using jj to slow fall rate. Tho if jj are not quite how you intended them, perhaps that is tied to it.

#29 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

Did a little Jump Jetting in my TBR-C (2 jump-jets).
- Did a moderate jump off a cliff and landed, no cushion and took some damage (went from 100 to 98)
- Did a longer jump (until about 25% fuel) and cushioned the fall and took no damage (stayed at 98)
- Did a full jump (no fuel) and took some damage (went from 98 to 97)

Did some more on my NVA-Prime (5 jump-jets)
- Did a full jump and went from 100 to 98
- Did various jumps both from a run and from standing on opjects with attempts to cusion landings. This seemed to be rather hit-or-miss (took 0-2% damage).

It seems that the height you start to try to cushion the fall as well as with how much fuel you have determines how effective it is. Basically, the higher up you are, whether it's falling or jump-jetting around, the more you need to hold in reserve to keep from destroying your legs.

I also noticed that it seems that folks can do "Death From Above" maneuvers, however there is a good chance of damaging your legs as well as the opponent's components (arms, torsos, etc.) unless you're very careful and judicious about how you land. Not sure if this will be a really viable tactic in the long-run, but with the return of collision damage, it seems that a mech that has no weapons can still do some damage by ramming into opponents.

#30 CapamoB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSaratov

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

Toggle zoom broken! zoom toggle 1x and 2x. max level zoom not on. :)

#31 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 24 June 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

I am all for that but I still think it is way too high for lights and possibly meds

That's where the fall damage reduction module will come into play.

#32 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 24 June 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

It's no where near as bad as you make it out to be but you're mad that you take damage when you run into mechs? Isn't that a good thing? Don't run into mechs!

i don't run into mechs. they run into me. I have not tried my Atlas yet. I just tested lights. I will also try my Jager, but I am not that far yet.

#33 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostAnimeFreak40K, on 24 June 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

I also noticed that it seems that folks can do "Death From Above" maneuvers, however there is a good chance of damaging your legs as well as the opponent's components (arms, torsos, etc.) unless you're very careful and judicious about how you land. Not sure if this will be a really viable tactic in the long-run, but with the return of collision damage, it seems that a mech that has no weapons can still do some damage by ramming into opponents.

In a grif I jumpjetted and accidently landed on a enemy warhawk/dire dont know it was dark, but I stayed on his head for like 15 sec till my team killed him, didnt seem to damage my legs

#34 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostCybersniper Vickers, on 24 June 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Minister of Misinformation huh ? This is suspicious... :)

There are now snakes in the pit on Tourmaline! B)

#35 Atkins0n

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

To me, the lights the dmg seems to be counterintuitive to what you guys are trying to achieve, and by that im assuming to take non jj over jj mechs or even a risk to taking jj mechs over non jj ones. In the case of lights though its the oposite. Because now if you fall off say in hpg, tera or canyon etc, if you have no jjs to feather your fall your just getting penalized even more for not having jjs. Most of places cept a few you can get up just by side strafeing in a non jj light anyways, but now if you fall in said non jj light mech you will take alot more dmg, thus doing the opposite of what you guys are trying to achieve with the changes.

~edit~ Just for the reccord this will only be minor changes in mine or other higher skilled light pilots playstyle, because now we just have to feather jjs more and make sure we are carefull where we jj or fall, thus changing nothing in the ways of wanting to take a non jj light over one with jjs in competitive anyways.Yet stil nerfing lights over all because our most precious part of our mech(the legs) will now be taking even more dmg.

Edited by Tricepticon, 24 June 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#36 Ehjay_52

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCanada

Fall damage on my Jenner was pretty high... jumped off a normal ledge in Tourmaline. even with 50% JJ remaining and feathering the jump my leg armor turned orange. Will continue to test and see if/how I can counter that.
Armor on the legs is 30/32.

#37 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

I think the fall damage works great. Seemed roughly the same amount of jumps to lose legs on all mechs but with shock absorb module there is a significant difference for light mechs than for assault mechs. I like it as jumping will be more calculated instead of on a whimsy.

I did notice a significant change in jump height even with full jump jets. This i do not like as much. It seems severe, even on a 5 jumpjet Summoner i was barely able to get on top of one of the lower rocks on forest colony. I understand the lower amounts of jumpjets needing to perform less optimal but for max jumpjets the performance needs to be relatively good. If you plan on keeping the jump height this low there needs to be bonuses on mechs with full jumpjets. Maybe and extra 10 meters.

Or just adjust the jump height to somewhere in between what it is on PTS and what it currently is on live. It feels to meh right now.

*edit* well after i posted i saw the dev post about JJ efficiency. Thanks for the update.

Edited by Sable, 24 June 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#38 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 24 June 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

In a grif I jumpjetted and accidently landed on a enemy warhawk/dire dont know it was dark, but I stayed on his head for like 15 sec till my team killed him, didnt seem to damage my legs

When I was doing this with my Nova, I managed to land on a Catapult, Awesome, Cicada and an Atlas without doing damage to myself, though it took me a few tries. I have a feeling that whether or not you take damage depends entirely on how well you manage the landing to see if it registers as a collision or not.

I mean, if you land just right, the game seems to be treating it as if you jumped up on some terrain or something, but if you mess it up, it treats it as if you ran into each other.

I also managed to jump up and down on one of the mechs after landing on it (the Catapult I think it was) and did not take damage myself, but I inflicted some damage to the enemy mech.

Admittedly, this is all a LOT easier on the Testing Grounds, as the other mechs arent moving around and such... but I still found it very interesting.

#39 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Love the leg damage for falling (caveat: tested a shadow hawk with max JJ, and a raven with max JJ)! Seems close to right for these two mechs; with the caveat that for some falls you need too much JJ fuel to feather the fall.

JJ'ing around finally takes some skill!

#40 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Can we just let folks report the issues they are seeing without having other users tell them that they aren't actually experiencing it? Thanks.

For me, driving my spider, I'm seeing some decent leg damage, although it seems to usually avoidable through heavy retro firing.

Seems a bit excessive though, especially for a light mech. There are times when I'm not falling fast at all, and still taking significant leg damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users