Perfect Imbalance Creates Balance

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Lets get something fixed (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think we should have a way to weigh positive feedback against negative?

1. Yes (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Should the game be reset to a closed beta statis and only those who pass a lore based test or are founders can give feed back on each upcoming balance patch?

1. yes (0 votes [0.00%])

2. no (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

What is your most hated nerf(s)?

1. gause charge time (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. lrm damage (0 votes [0.00%])

3. srm damage (0 votes [0.00%])

4. lrm speed boost (1 votes [14.29%])

5. removing the auto from the ultra autocannons (0 votes [0.00%])

6. ghost heat (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

7. removing tripping/falling on terrain (0 votes [0.00%])

8. making heads almost impossible to hit (0 votes [0.00%])

9. making it so only ams can shoot down missiles (1 votes [14.29%])

10. Making it easier to destroy the 2nd/3rd missiles mounted on a catapult (0 votes [0.00%])

11. max engine size on a chassis (1 votes [14.29%])

12. minimum amount of heatsinks allowed is 10 (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#1 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

I am starting this topic with two goals in mind. Those goals are to get PGI to admit they have made mistakes and to give us the option to give positive feed back through a simple survey on the launcher. I know many of you are upset about how things have gone and I know I will get most likely more replies from those who support the bad ideas then those who dislike them. The reason for this is because most of the time you only find those who are upset on the forums cause they would rather be playing a game they like then writing a review. This whole mentality of if the game is good I will be playing is why we keep getting horrible nerfs done, because only those who are upset are giving feed back. Now I know it may be easier to just undo what has been done but it also would not be fair for those who started playing after closed beta, which is why I suggest we revert the game to closed beta. By this I mean the game mechanics and hit box mechanics. Let me give you all an example of one of the messed up hit box issues, The hit box for a mech's head, certain mechs do not have an actual head like the Awesome or the Cataphract so they have a large cockpit window to compensate for that. Yet PGI made it so only a small part of it counts as the head. Another example would be the Centurion, you see PGI went fully Canonial with the Centurion's head. The crest on the top of the Centurion's head is where the sensors are housed, in a mech's loadout the sensors are listed as being in the head. It used to be possible to down a Centurion with a well placed shot to its Sensors. Now you can no longer can do that as any spot on a Centurion's Head other then a portion of the Cockpit's window counts as the Center torso. What happened was snipers were getting head shots on people who were marching across the open as snipers should and people got but hurt. Let me give you now an example though of imbalance and players actively creating balance in action. A long time ago the twin erppc gauss rifle poptart was a problem. It was an over powered build and people started complaining. Well the smarter people started countering it with the gauss rifle. I started seeing it happen regularly where an erppc gauss poptart would go up alive and come down dead. Why, because he took 4 or more gauss slugs to the ct on his way down. Sadly due to people complaining about the poptarts the gauss rifle was nerfed two weeks later, and it killed our counter to poptarts. Finally PGI is about to roll out 3/3/3/3 on a game that is suppose to "Simulate" "War" well here is my question in what war did all sides involved agree that each we will say squadron must consist of exactly these weight class of units or else they can not fight. This is a war sim we are not suppose to be able to know what units the enemy has. What people are forgetting is that 12 lights can take out 12 assaults. Then two assaults can take out 4 lights 3 heavies and 2 mediums, even if they are the only people on their team that did not DC.

Now if you are too lazy to read all of that here is a youtube link.
Perfect Imbalance creates Balanced Play

#2 Chihuahuablend

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

Here's my contribution/opinion/etc: The biggest problem is I haven't seen anyone ask for any of the nerfs or fixes they've done, it's coincidental at best. Completly valid solutions have been offered on here, and I've never once seen anything applied that seemed like "hey, we've been listening to the comunities ideas, here's what you asked for"; it just seems like they took the quick-fix, easy out solution on everything. They are ignoring the series fan base, when it is that exact audience that is funding most of this game as far as I've ever seen, not people new to the mechwarrior series. I started playing this because I was a huge fan of the past games, and it seems like they're giving up on the reliable hardcore fans trying to appeal what seems the be the younger, newer fanbase that wouldn't be playing if this wasn't free to play anyways.

I really like your example of gauss rifles becoming the counter to poptarts, then promplty nerfed back into a problem. That is the exact kind of thing that is making this game so offputting.

Edited by Chihuahuablend, 24 June 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#3 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostChihuahuablend, on 24 June 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

Here's my contribution/opinion/etc: The biggest problem is I haven't seen anyone ask for any of the nerfs or fixes they've done, it's coincidental at best. Completly valid solutions have been offered on here, and I've never once seen anything applied that seemed like "hey, we've been listening to the comunities ideas, here's what you asked for"; it just seems like they took the quick-fix, easy out solution on everything. They are ignoring the series fan base, when it is that exact audience that is funding most of this game as far as I've ever seen, not people new to the mechwarrior series. I started playing this because I was a huge fan of the past games, and it seems like they're giving up on the reliable hardcore fans trying to appeal what seems the be the younger, newer fanbase that wouldn't be playing if this wasn't free to play anyways.

I really like your example of gauss rifles becoming the counter to poptarts, then promplty nerfed back into a problem. That is the exact kind of thing that is making this game so offputting.

The sad part is PGI has a chance rightnow to make those people happy again cause they just released the clan packs so a lot of the founders have come out of the wood works. Instead though they are scaring them off with the 3/3/3/3 idea. If PGI would listen they may be able to get them actually playing the game, and spreading it by word of mouth. I recruited 4 people to the game of that 4 only 1 still plays, the rest do not like where it is going. I stopped buying MC cause PGI has kicked me like a dog so many times, but I will start buying again if they start to listen.

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

That's a complaint, not a feature suggestion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users