Clan Double Heat Sinks

24 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan Double Heat Sinks (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Should CDHS be 2X heat eficiency?

1. Yes (23 votes [35.94%])

Percentage of vote: 35.94%

2. No (41 votes [64.06%])

Percentage of vote: 64.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

No, because unbalanced.

If both sides had 2x then it would be great.

#22 Moses Lanknau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

voted yes, cuz of the lore ... balance somthing else surats!

(both is and clan double heatsinks should have 2x efficienty ... they are named 'double heatsinks' so there have to be double, otherwise they wouldnt be named like that, right! the is ones have still a major backdraw, they need more space)

and in general: balance here balance there ... ever thougt what really balanced out and so stopped the clan invasion?

it was the fighting philosophy of the clans, by bidding forces for combat down to seek the ultimate challange, so they attack in smaller numbers and/or with lighter mechs, not using foul tactics like burned earth or other unhonorable stuff like air or artillery strikes.

to balance things out and keep the lore ... nearly even battlevalues is the only way to go!

Edited by CSR Moses Lanknau, 20 July 2014 - 01:46 PM.

#23 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 28 July 2024 - 07:57 AM

View PostFupDup, on 30 June 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

Both factions could probably use 2.0 truedubs rather than 1.4 poordubs.
Not IS

#24 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 28 July 2024 - 08:04 AM

View PostGladewolf, on 10 July 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

while i'd love to see improvements to the heat system in general, they should be the same for both inner sphere and clan tech, let's not invent advantages the clans did not have to make things worse
X pulse at least int their fire rate are totally invented, X pulse was simply inner sphere's version of the ER pulse not faster firing pulse.

View PostMoses Lanknau, on 20 July 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

voted yes, cuz of the lore ... balance somthing else surats!

(both is and clan double heatsinks should have 2x efficienty ... they are named 'double heatsinks' so there have to be double, otherwise they wouldnt be named like that, right! the is ones have still a major backdraw, they need more space)

and in general: balance here balance there ... ever thougt what really balanced out and so stopped the clan invasion?

it was the fighting philosophy of the clans, by bidding forces for combat down to seek the ultimate challange, so they attack in smaller numbers and/or with lighter mechs, not using foul tactics like burned earth or other unhonorable stuff like air or artillery strikes.

to balance things out and keep the lore ... nearly even battlevalues is the only way to go!
] Zellbrigen will never work because one way or another someone will break it and then it just breaks out into a melee anyway. ] Zellbrigen will just be broken every match, and once it's broken i cannot be reinstated

#25 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 July 2024 - 07:49 PM

Hmm, I would be for this...except the only time I wish Double Heats Sinks could actually do 2.0 is usage of flamers, everything else I do ok with the 1.4.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users