Where Are The Clan Lrm Min-Range Fixes?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Prince V

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationA land of cautious optimism tempered with justified skepticism.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

What the topic says.

The fix for Clan LRM minimum range was supposed to be implemented the very first patch after the launch.
Now, before I get a bunch of forum hate for speaking up about this, I know they were working on the matchmaker changes, and they were much needed changes, and I'm happy for them (Assuming they work and ignoring how woefully late they are in showing up) But here's the thing, PGI has this nasty little habit of making on-the-fly decisions with or without consent or feedback from the player-base, and then just going on with it (3PV Anyone?).
A similar thing happens where they try to just let things quietly slide into the shadows and hope people forget that they were ever supposed to exist in the first place. Anyone remember leg damage from the lava? They went at it for like 2 or 3 patches and had trouble getting it to register reliably and consistently, they dropped it. Magnometer/magno-vision? Scrapped. Multiple components of "Information Warfare" in the form of probes, ground-based scanners, radar decoys, etc? All scrapped. Custom emblems/decals? Scrapped(Though I can't fault them too much on this one, I knew it was a stretch given people's propensity to troll) And various other things as well.
My point is, I fear that if we don't let them know that the lack of inclusion of certain features is absolutely unacceptable to us, the players, that they'll feel they have a free run to just dump things at will as they have before.

On the other hand, remember the uproar overnight about their initial implementation of consumables that was straight P2W??? They replied within 36 hours with an updated post, new graphics, and a fixed system. Practically OVERNIGHT. Community input CAN work. Apparently that's what they require; they need to see a mass response, they need to see an uproar. Preferably before Clan LRMs function just like IS but with a pretty little ripple-fire effect, and all thought of their uniqueness goes quietly into the night.

What worries me the most? They weren't even mentioned in the patch notes, which is their usual MO when ninja-dumping a feature. No explanation of the delay, no promise of a future date, no acknowledgement of them missing the date. Nothing. It stinks of "We secretly think this is OP, or it's too hard, or we don't feel like we have the time for it, so lets just stop talking about it and see if we can get away with just dumping it or perma-backburner-ing it without too much backdraft."
Does that sound bad? Yes. Does it sound like I'm accusing the Devs of being insidious b*stards? Kind of, but actions speak louder than words, especially when there's no words in the first place, AKA PGI's near total lack of communication in the past. Yes they've improved recently, but two months of good communication doesn't erase history, nor does it immediately allay all fear of history repeating itself. PGI Mods, if you're reading this, nicely done job recently, keep it up. I'm just being honest here, and I think others share my opinion as well.

And this isn't a rage-post, the Devs have done things with the game that I like and I try to be just as vocal about my appreciation as with my condemnation, or whatever you'd like to call it.
The explanation for my tone and tenor should be apparent from my post material itself. It seems to me that measured responses and quiet polite suggestions are largely ignored, for whatever reason. I sincerely believe that what I'm asking for here is what's required to produce the desired action from PGI, nothing more and nothing less.

tl;dr
If you want the minimum range tweaks on Clan LRMs, SAY SO. LET THEM KNOW. Don't give them the idea that you don't really care, lest they allow it to pass away into the growing pile of scrapped/abandoned features like so many before it!

#2 SpDmnAdam

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

No Gaurantees were ever made about the exact time of this feature.

http://mwomercs.com/...-weapon-update/

#3 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

In a Twitter post they mentioned they're planning on putting it in for the July 15th patch.

#4 Chopsaw

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostSpDmnAdam, on 02 July 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

No Gaurantees were ever made about the exact time of this feature. http://mwomercs.com/...-weapon-update/

Engineering has the design in their hands and they will start working on it as soon as possible which will likely show up in the first patch after Clan launch.

To the OP's point there was no mention of this 'miss' in the patch notes, which is the problem he was addressing. Sure, "likely" means a "soft" deadline, but a deadline none-the-less that should be addressed.

#5 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostPrince V, on 02 July 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

But here's the thing, PGI has this nasty little habit of making on-the-fly decisions with or without consent or feedback from the player-base, and then just going on with it (3PV Anyone?).

You mean the feature that PGI fought to not put in but the investors overruled them and it got implemented as flat out plain as day stated by Russ he fought it but lost.

I heard LRM min damage wasn't implemented because the community was far far far too overwhelmed with the logo redesign that it took priority. You can thank your fellow clan logo folks, spearheaded by member Prince V, it's easy to just make up "facts".

#6 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

Clan min-range LRM functionality is scheduled for July 15th patch.

#7 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

they miss out a weapon minimum range in an update

took over a year to get srms fixed

will happen when it happens, not amount of complaining works, and being free 2 play, you don't even get a survey asking you why you stopped playing

#8 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

I'd like to post this up somewhere but with the clan LRM's hopefully getting no minimum range soon, PGI plans to do scale Damage "Nerf". I really don't like this idea but what does everyone think about doing a different Nerf? In stead of Innersphere LRM's witch are a "Inderect Fire Weapon", why not make Clan LRM's a "Derect Fire Weapon"? Clan LRM's will be absuolty BRUTLE at close range but at Far range would be very difficult to use. all that cowardly innersphere pilots would have to do is hide behind a small build and Clan LRM's would smack into that instead. Give Clan LRM's almost no arc unlike Innersphere LRM's. I think this would be a more (and yes I use this word) LORE friendly nerf. any thoughts on that idea?

#9 Prince V

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationA land of cautious optimism tempered with justified skepticism.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

Thank you for the clarification Paul, much appreciated.

I response to various posters, I did indeed have my information slightly wrong in-so-far as miss-remembering a 'soft' deadline as a 'hard' deadline, and for that, I apologize. I hope you understand from what I posted, I only have problems and fears due to past experiences, otherwise I would not have bothered to mention it, and just taken it on faith that it was being worked on.

@ Chopsaw: You hit my point exactly. Wasn't worried so much that it didn't make it, stuff happens, and they were working on something easily important enough to justify sidelining the LRM tweaks, I was worried that I hadn't heard anything about it. I don't usually use Twitter at all myself and therefore don't check PGI's page very often at all, so I'd missed the post DEMAX51 was talking about.

@ Shad0w4life: I have no idea where you get your information, but you're way off-base. First off, the Art team which worked on the logos, and the coding teams that would work on the LRM changes, and totally different. So you're already wrong there.
Secondly, asserting that I, personally, was the "Spearhead" of the 'operation' about changing the clan logos is absurd. I actually forgot to vote on it entirely, nevermind 'masterminding' the whole thing. Besides, if I had that much clout, I wouldn't be going after graphical tweaks >.>
And then you went on to say that I'm making up facts. Do you prefer a spade or broadhead shovel for that grave you're digging?

@ Azeem447: I actually like your idea ALOT. Even though it imposes harsh restrictions on my beloved clan mechs, it would be 'lore-friendly' in a way. Problem is, the lore that it goes along with, are the archaic RoE used by the Clans (mostly, some break them) called Zelbriggin. Though it's been talked about a lot, it was ultimately decided that this would be first off, impossible to enforce on a large scale, the best they could hope to do is offer some kind of incentive like honor points or something to encourage players to abide by them. Secondly, it would put a MASSIVE dent in the way the game is played, community uproars about how clan mechs gimp teams because their pilots are ignoring prime targets because it would violate the rules of a duel, refusing to fight mechs out of their weight class, etc.
In short, a cool idea, but in my opinion, one that doesn't fit in the grand scheme of things.

In closing, thanks again for the attention Paul. You guys did an awesome job with the Clan packs (LOVING THE 1/2 ton ammo) and you're doing MUCH better on communication. Keep up the good work!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users