#341 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 03 July 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Maybe you should get on teamspeak and gather some more friends? Adapt and overcome. L2P.

There used to be other excuses.

Now I have 9 friends, and I'm walking all over you.

L2P is a copout and condescending attitude. As I said, PGI needs all kinds of players, casual to competitive,no matter what.

#342 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

Reminder so you don't forget your roots.

Posted Image

#343 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostTheFuzzyBunny, on 03 July 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

There is a difference between a pre-made, and a pre-made in a comp deck build. Just like there is a difference between comp based play and general play. What has happened is that now there is no difference between comp based play and general play in group mode.

I appreciate your ability to find my posts from a year and a half ago, but I'm just wondering what that has to do with this conversation. One and a half years ago the game was different, you could compete in general by just being in a group, we didn't have as of a front loaded advantage by the said comp deck builds as we do now.

You could also quote the entire post as opposed to cherry picking a part of it. The intent of that post was to encourage people to join a group which could help them with their tactics, in addition to just giving them people to play with.

Got anything else you want to dig up from a year and half ago you think is applicable to our current situation?

It just seems silly to cry over getting beat by a greater premade when you can easily add more members to a group and you know, become a greater premade ... :blink:

Edit:About comp play.
You mean meeting the traininggroups of the 12mans in pug games?
Sometimes as sync-drop?
Or 4 mans leveling mechs or making cash because its easier in the pug queue?
Or the 4 man meta lances?

There was never a difference.

Edited by Galenit, 03 July 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#344 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 03 July 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

Reminder so you don't forget your roots.

Posted Image

Oh joy another riveting post from Vassago. I wonder, do you ever get tired of trolling every forum you post on? Surely it must get old even for a professional troll like yourself eventually.

#345 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Yesterday was the best MWO day I can recall.
Played it solo, nice and relaxing with little or no coordination on either side.

Played 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 man groups. Best games ever! Despite starting the evening with 5 losses, the losses were better than most wins. 4 of the matches came down to the wire; cap wins like 742 to 750 or 1 heavily damaged mech left on the field. Throughout the evening, I think we had at most 3-4 stomps in either direction. Had opponents pm me after matches raving about how close the games were.

Brilliant work Mr Berg, brilliant work!

#346 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostGalenit, on 03 July 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

It just seems silly to cry over getting beat by a greater premade when you can easily add more members to a group and you know, become a greater premade ... :blink:

LOL

You are the best internet troll ever. Yet again you only quote part of my post, and then you actually edit what I said a year and a half ago to try to add more validity to your claims.

Best of luck to everyone still on this thread. I'm out. The trolls and rats have invaded the ship, and she is sinking to the point actual useful discussion is done.

#347 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

View Postspectralthundr, on 03 July 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Oh joy another riveting post from Vassago. I wonder, do you ever get tired of trolling every forum you post on? Surely it must get old even for a professional troll like yourself eventually.

Posted Image

My patience is as boundless and incomprehensible as my ability to define this community since its inception.

#348 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

It's not just the 12 mans - it's the 12 mans full of nothing but poptarts and arty strikes. We may have a somewhat even tonnage match, but when even their god damn spiders are PPC jumpers, we're going to have a bad time as a 4 man. That's the current issue, as the MM struggles to balance out the new rules and player base.

I find absolutely zero fun in using a high pinpoint build. It takes zero ******* skill to hill hump and press a single button. For those that do like it, why not stick around with your own kind (private matches) and rather than stroking your ego against random pug drops? That way you get an actual fight rather than a roll.

WTB: Cockpit shake on descent.

#349 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

This thread is brilliant. As far as i can see its basically this:

Everyone is happy except those 3 or 4 man tryhard premade lances. This is what happened.....

Once upon a time, there were some 3/4 man premades that used to roll around killing pug groups on comms, thinking that their poo could never stink. They liked to try really, really hard with meta and jump builds.

Then along came the new matchmaker. Suddenly, these tryhards had to face a whole team of people, who were good players by and large, also on comms, and not even a trial mech as far as the eye could see.

Oh no! Then suddenly the premade lances became sadface, when they realised they aren't actually as good as they thought they were. Turns out they just relied on fighting uncoordinated teams with their cheese builds. Who knew?

Welcome to the party!

Now the elitist douchebag 4 man premade lances have become the new replacement for what used to be solo pug players. If the cap fits, wear it!

Solo PUG players now are safe in their own queue, looks like its time for the small lance sized premades to weigh in and grow some skill other than jumpsniping and LRMing over the backs of solo pugs, and then trying to mop up at the end and stroke their ego with KDR circlejerks!

Love it, its so classic. You can see it a mile off on people commenting so far, such as the OP, among others. They reek of pure, eye-watering butthurt.

I actually bet that a few days ago, these people were freely dishing out the 'GG closes' to anyone that listened in the PUG queue, telling people to stop whining and group with others. Now the boot is on the other foot, and people of that ilk are requiring dump truck sized loads of 2 ply extra strong tissues in order to stay afloat. Pure genius.

The tears are delicious. Enjoy! :blink:

EDIT: There are an absolute crapton of voice comms hubs out there that anyone can use, ones like ComStar etc. If you are not one of the lowlife players i have described above and genuinely feel you suffer without comms (which you will), then just jump on one of those and group with people. Half the reason people whine about no comms, is they simply don't have the social courage to talk to strangers over a mic. That's a fact.

Edited by Fade Akira, 03 July 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#350 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 02 July 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Working as intended, taken from patch notes:

Solo queue shouldn't be going against groups of more than 4, though. And only one of those per team.

Sure, but when you take a couple groups of 2, and a couple groups of 4, stick them together in a frankengroup with no shared comms against a 12 man with shared comms, you are still essentially pitting 12 mans against PUGs.

#351 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

I've never, once, dropped a ggclose in local. I'll chew out goons (oh where oh where have they gone...), I'll poke fun at someone's damage or stupidity - but I will not resort to being that elitist **** who believes internet pixels are serious business. That kind of crap just annoys me.

#352 Vweegit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts
  • LocationEvans, NY, USA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostLastPaladin, on 03 July 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Sure, but when you take a couple groups of 2, and a couple groups of 4, stick them together in a frankengroup with no shared comms against a 12 man with shared comms, you are still essentially pitting 12 mans against PUGs.

QFT.

I played quite a bit in 10 and 12 man groups yesterday. We could readily identify those groups that were coordinated 12 man/10 man and those that were not. We didn't lose a single battle against those teams comprised of multiple small teams.

While I was having a grand old time mulching people in my DWF, there were perhaps only 3 or 4 battles the whole evening that were "good" fights. For the most part, we simply rofflestomped everything and trolled on. And sadly, we were more of a PUG with comms than anything - no meta builds, no intra-lance coordination, not even much target calling.

I've said good things about this rendition of the MM so far - but this one perhaps needs revisiting. Its just like the old 8-man days, to me.

#353 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostBobzilla, on 03 July 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

I'd say they could put in VoIP so the groups will stop crying, but in all the discussions about VoIP, groups are amongst the loudest to not have it implemented or pre refused to use it.

I don't think it matters if groups refuse to use it. If it's in the game, then people can't complain about it anymore. It would be like adding Skirmish mode. Even if you never want to play skirmish, the fact that it is in game makes you look like an idiot if you complain about base cappers.

#354 Danish Fury

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostTheFuzzyBunny, on 03 July 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

You're so adorable....

No, that isn't the issue at all. The issue is a 12 man deck, with comp based builds is > than a group of groups with a regular variety of builds. Which really isn't a surprise to anyone, or shouldn't be. The lesson learned is that if you're going to run a group, and be in the group mode, you better be as close to a 12 man as possible, and run your comp based builds and tactics.

It's the same issue. 4-mans are butthurt facing 12 mans, for the same reasons pugs fail vs. 4-mans. You can spin it however you want to, but most of the posts seem like people who lost their easy-mode and now their insecurity is showing

Edited by Danish Fury, 03 July 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#355 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostFade Akira, on 03 July 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

Now the elitist douchebag 4 man premade lances have become the new replacement for what used to be solo pug players. If the cap fits, wear it!

I resent this. We were FORCED to be 4-man premade elistists.

With the new MM change, now we're 4-10 and/or 12-if-enough-are-online man elitists, lol.

#356 Danish Fury

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostFade Akira, on 03 July 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

This thread is brilliant. As far as i can see its basically this:

Everyone is happy except those 3 or 4 man tryhard premade lances. This is what happened.....

Once upon a time, there were some 3/4 man premades that used to roll around killing pug groups on comms, thinking that their poo could never stink. They liked to try really, really hard with meta and jump builds.

Then along came the new matchmaker. Suddenly, these tryhards had to face a whole team of people, who were good players by and large, also on comms, and not even a trial mech as far as the eye could see.

Oh no! Then suddenly the premade lances became sadface, when they realised they aren't actually as good as they thought they were. Turns out they just relied on fighting uncoordinated teams with their cheese builds. Who knew?

Welcome to the party!

Solo PUG players now are safe in their own queue, looks like its time for the small lance sized premades to weigh in and grow some skill other than jumpsniping and LRMing over the backs of solo pugs, and then trying to mop up at the end and stroke their ego with KDR circlejerks!

Love it, its so classic. You can see it a mile off on people commenting so far, such as the OP, among others. They reek of pure, eye-watering butthurt.

I actually bet that a few days ago, these people were freely dishing out the 'GG closes' to anyone that listened in the PUG queue, telling people to stop whining and group with others. Now the boot is on the other foot, and people of that ilk are requiring dump truck sized loads of 2 ply extra strong tissues in order to stay afloat. Pure genius.

The tears are delicious. Enjoy! :blink:

EDIT: There are an absolute crapton of voice comms hubs out there that anyone can use, ones like ComStar etc. If you are not one of the lowlife players i have described above and genuinely feel you suffer without comms (which you will), then just jump on one of those and group with people. Half the reason people whine about no comms, is they simply don't have the social courage to talk to strangers over a mic. That's a fact.

This should be is own thread. QFT

#357 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

*snip

Another troll slow on the uptake I see, thinking two and three man groups tossed together against a 12 is some form of justice or worse balance. Good for you.

No worries, I'll never be in that situation again.

#358 Exilicus

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

Bottom line entering the que with two people and being matched against groups of 12 isn't fun.

Edited by Exilicus, 03 July 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#359 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

went against twelves last night when we were running or sevens and nobody on our side gave a crap. Well except against Lords but they are a bunch of Douche Bag ******* anyway so who cares about them. All the other games were fun.

#360 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

I'm trying to think of just how many attempts PGI have made now to 'fix' the matchmaking system , after all it is probably the most fundamental part of the game.. being able to actually put matches together of similar skill players in similar mechs.... It has allways been somewhat lacking in it's ability to do this .

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users