12 Mans Rofl Stomping Pugs Again

Balance

372 replies to this topic

#81 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

My 2-4 man groups against other 2-4 man groups.

You've already been answered on that, as well: the wait times on such a system would be much, much higher.

#82 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 02 July 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Oh man this is beyond Epic!

Before group players said: "If you don't like it play in a group as well, make some friends and drop in a lance"

Now: "Wahh our 3 pre made lances got wiped, we should be playing against the solo players!"

There was so much bitching for a group queue, it was delivered and now it's hated bwahahaha.

What's the correct response now, l2p? Make more Friends? Don't piss and moan about something without understanding the end result?

But I will say they should allow 2-4 mans to opt out of being in group queue, along with allowing solos to opt out of playing against any group.

Then you'd end up with a bunch of pissed off 2-4 mans waiting forever, and then bitching about MM not working.

...the correct answer is: "It's a team game, it's supposed to be that way" :) (with the possible addition of remarks about the others being antisocial for not dropping in a (bigger) group)

#83 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

This rabid complaining is only giving small groups with the guts to fight whatever is put in front of them a bad name.

Just maybe a team of mixed groups might stand a chance against a 12 group if they didn't roll over and start sqealing as soon as the drop ship opened up..

#84 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

This one made me spit coffee. Glad Im at my desk again. Lemme make sure we are clear on the issue.

You are dropping against larger groups of better organized players who have an advantage because your team has less coordination. So you want to opt out, so you can play only against pug teams of less organized teams than your own.

So that its more fair.

Im gonna poptart in a 12man all. night. long.

View PostIskareot, on 02 July 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Did this bullshit get turned on again?????? No ****???

Pretty much gonna **** up all the progress made... what a waste... ITS CRAP if we dont have a choice to opt out of that ****** up mess.

This is going to be a bad weekend if this does not have an option. WHAT fun is it for a solo player to go up against 10 or 12 even 8 or 4 was bad enough... this is ******* stupid.

The drops just got fed to the grinder if this is legit

#85 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Ur title is misleading when ppl read that they'll assume you mean 12mans are in the solo drop que when they're not..
the last time we had " 12 Mans Rofl Stomping Pugs Again " was when they were in the solo que. that's why they got their own 12man que..

plz rename ur title to " 2-4grp should not face 12man premades"

QFT

#86 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

View Post1453 R, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Oh, for...!

WHEN WILL PEOPLE SHUT UP?

This is what Piranha has to do in order to allow players to run in groups of more than 4. SOMEBODY has to fight the froggin' 12-man drops - not every oddball group of seven buddies can be perfectly matched against another oddball group of seven buddies who just so happens to be in the MM queue at the same time, in the same general weight bracket of machines for 3/3/3/3, and who sit in the same ELO range.

Something has to give somewhere. The 12-man stompdrops are a rarity for anyone in the 2-4 group range, who're as likely to wind up in the solo queue as the group queue, and who're just as likely to be fighting a hodgepodge of smaller groups on the enemy side as they are a 12-man.

QUIT FRICKIN' GRIPING ALREADY. It's embarrassing!

I saw this coming, as you said "something has to give somewhere". However, what is your typical 12 man group, but a highly organized bunch, usually with VOIP, usually a large number of "members" just to be able to get a group this size together, am I correct?

Why not make 12 mans be only versus other 12's and/or make it a private match function so that people conciously CHOSE to go head-to-head in such large organized groups?

Isn't that what they really want? Isn't that a CW component, these large, organized drop groups? At least this way you have a chance of 2 6 mans going against 2 other 6 mans that are not working on the same VOIP (tho we know that will happen too).

This. Plus a solo only queue for new players and lone wolfs would help.

#87 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostZerberus, on 02 July 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Somebody finally got the REAL kicker.

People will band up and form larger and larger groups, and possibly even loose units.

That usually leads to an overall increase in general population.

That is a good thing for everyone at all levels of play. More people for your unit, more Pugs for you to stomp, and more friends to have.

Farmers? So the 12-10's against grab bag. Sounds right.

#88 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostRallog, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

GG PGI. I just had a 12 vs a few 2-4s. Nothing bigger. That was so much fun.

To those that are still around from the closed beta... remember the fiasco with the 8 mans (when it was 8v8 matches) that stomped everyone and how we finally got them to realize it was hurting the game and no one wanted to play except those 8 mans?

Well now we have it again. Yippie PGI, GG Close.

WTF are you smoking?!? Whining removed the group queue.

8mans were beatable just as the 12mans were a few weeks ago.

Stop whining and start playing.

RAM
ELH

#89 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostAlexandrix, on 02 July 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

So people should be punished for dropping with 1 friend?
That makes no sense what so ever.

If they are dropping 2 man groups into the large group Q anyways,they might as well just went ahead and made a real solo queue and a real group queue.

apparently

I'm so going to love dropping with my daughter now as a pair, still a few days of this and she'll give up so will save me spending out money for timberwolves which means I won't buckle and end up buying a few myself.

So I guess I should be happy as its saving me about $200 US

#90 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 02 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

If you're group of two you will either be in the solo queue or be grouped up with other groups. 2/5/5 vs 12

This where the issue is. Our 3 man spent most of the night facing 8+ groups. We got teams like 3/5/4, 3/3/3/3 or 4/4/2/2 etc- vs 8/4 or 12 or 10/2 combos.
Just got out of a horrific Steiner tryhard 8+ where they did nothing but spam arty strikes. We in our 6 didn't hump meta or spam ECM or bring x6 arty/airstrikes so they had a field day. they didn't even get a good game either, only a huge cbill cost and no actual gameplay.

This group queue is causing some horrible games. None of our guys were happy at all, some came back into the game to try it and promptly logged back off after being put up against 10 and 12 mans.

What gives PGI? Do you want us to all play solo?

"Something has to give somewhere."
Yes it did, fun. hodgepodge groups vs a fully co-ordinated 10-12 man is not fun. We are complaining because our gameplay experience is less fun than before. Great you find that fun, a lot of us don't. You have to accept the fact that many of us are not happy with it.

A weight balanced (equal or near as), 1 premade per side MM would have been fine. What we now have, is a horrible experience. If this is here to stay, I'm really regretting springing for the Thor package.

#91 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 02 July 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

This where the issue is. Our 3 man spent most of the night facing 8+ groups. We got teams like 3/5/4, 3/3/3/3 or 4/4/2/2 etc- vs 8/4 or 12 or 10/2 combos.
Just got out of a horrific Steiner tryhard 8+ where they did nothing but spam arty strikes. We in our 6 didn't hump meta or spam ECM or bring x6 arty/airstrikes so they had a field day. they didn't even get a good game either, only a huge cbill cost and no actual gameplay.

This group queue is causing some horrible games. None of our guys were happy at all, some came back into the game to try it and promptly logged back off after being put up against 10 and 12 mans.

What gives PGI? Do you want us to all play solo?

"Something has to give somewhere."
Yes it did, fun. hodgepodge groups vs a fully co-ordinated 10-12 man is not fun. We are complaining because our gameplay experience is less fun than before. Great you find that fun, a lot of us don't. You have to accept the fact that many of us are not happy with it.

A weight balanced (equal or near as), 1 premade per side MM would have been fine. What we now have, is a horrible experience. If this is here to stay, I'm really regretting springing for the Thor package.

Same here. Brought 2 guys back to play saying the new MM would do it for them. Five games, three were 10-12's against grab bag of small groups. just like that they are done again.

#92 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted Image

#93 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

View PostCathy, on 02 July 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

apparently

I'm so going to love dropping with my daughter now as a pair, still a few days of this and she'll give up so will save me spending out money for timberwolves which means I won't buckle and end up buying a few myself.

So I guess I should be happy as its saving me about $200 US

Nearly the same situation I'm in.I mostly just play with my wife.We don't run meta garbage,we don't use arty strikes,we aren't try hards.We just want to waste some time and have a reasonably fair and fun experience.

getting stuck against groups of 4 was enough suck as it is,but we managed well enough most of the time.Now? getting put in with groups of up to possibly 12 meta humping,arty spamming,try hards? yea....that's gonna be great fun.

#94 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,565 posts

All right buddy, you wanna play that way? Let’s have some fun, you and I.

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

I think you need to get a clue. I'll get you the number for Hasbro.

800-327-8264.

JINKIES, GUYS! SARCASM!

Somebody get me a Velma meme, STAT!

Once again, I have plenty of people on my list.

I can totally see why. I mean, you’re just such an excellent player. You’ve got such a…such a way with blaming the matchmaker for your every defeat. A guy could learn a lot from dropping with a real ace like yourself.

But try reading this again....Sometimes I just want to drop in a 2-4. Get it this time? OK now the next part sine you seem to be having a hard time, I do not want to be in a 2-4 and go up against a 12-10 with other 2-4's making up the team. Still good? Keeping up?

Absolutely. I’m totally keeping up with the fact that you’re unable/unwilling to face down any level of coordination which might surpass your own. If you’re not on the strong end of the group coordination equation you don’t want to play. Dropping 4-man against a bunch of solo puggers? No problem with that whatsoever. Dropping 4-man against a team of 5+? WORLD ON FIRE. Understood. Message received crystal clear, chief.

But on topic; I am fine with group play but they need to go up against other groups. A group of 7 well the other team should have a group of 7. Simple. A group of 10 should go against a 10.

But that’s the thing – groups ARE being matched against other groups! A solo dropper, the masses of whom make up the majority of the player base and whose shrill screams of outrage have thus far ensured that batches of buddies have had the hardest time playing together, are guaranteed to never see more than four enemies on the enemy side with more ability of teamwork and coordination than a herd of meerkats. Players who want to play with the benefit of known allies on comms get to – guess what? – face other people with the same benefit.

Not only is what you’re asking for ludicrously specific and untenable, it still wouldn’t make you the uber-l337 King of Awesome. An enemy 7-man group could well just flat outplay your 7-man group, and somehow I’m pretty sure it’d still be the matchmaker’s fault, wouldn’t it? Those 12 Clan Wolf icons couldn’t possibly be three four-man Wolf lances all thrown together through coincidence, right? I mean, I’ve NEVER been dropped into a purely Clan Wolf ad-hoc pugger lance that other people mistook as an Evil Premade before…y’know, except for the twice this morning before I went to work.

Yep – simply having the same faction symbol as someone else in your drop is a clear and unmistakable sign that you’re In League With The Devil. Or at least that other guy with your faction symbol.

Now. Can this thread just crawl into a corner and die already? We made our bed, we get to sleep in it. Suck it up, chummer.

#95 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 02 July 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Solo players cannot drop with 12-mans or groups of 5+

No but paired friends might end up being the filler in a bunch of groups against an organised 12 man or be ..the group against an organised four.

this isn't going to end well lol

sips beer chews popcorn

#96 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

But try reading this again....Sometimes I just want to drop in a 2-4. Get it this time? OK now the next part sine you seem to be having a hard time, I do not want to be in a 2-4 and go up against a 12-10 with other 2-4's making up the team. Still good? Keeping up?

What about solo players who don't want to drop against your group?

#97 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

View Poststevemac, on 02 July 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

CAN I LIKE THIS A BILLION TIMES.... ITS A TEAM GAME DEAL WITH IT OR GO CREATE SOLARIS!!!

#98 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

I'm a little slow, so the gist of this hole thread is either;

I don't want to have to play against organised semi to really good players and get stomped (usually) but I'm happy to enter my organised 2-4 man group against solo (PuG) players and stomp the hell out of them.

or

I want to play with as many of my friends as possible (which usually means I am in a Faction/ Merc/ Clan team) and as such will be able to use co-ordinaton and teamwork to have fun and (sometimes) end up stomping a ragtag militia of smaller groups. More often I will end up playing similar sized groups or one large group and a filler 2 man. This will make matches harder and force me to get better at the game.

?????

I will not make any assertions as to whether this is a good thing or not, mainly because I have been dropping in groups of 5 and over all night and loving it. :)

#99 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

You 4 mans - suck it. You cried for it now have it.

2 mans are ilterally ******. In either queue, they have the worst chances from the start. Totally destoryed that aspect for me, and i drop 50% of my time with a friend.

Well done PGI, well done....

Oh and you idiots claiming its a team game: Yes, but these teams are filled with grouped players. We are talking about them. Not teams. Learn the difference idiots.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 02 July 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#100 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

Ur title is misleading when ppl read that they'll assume you mean 12mans are in the solo drop que when they're not..
the last time we had " 12 Mans Rofl Stomping Pugs Again " was when they were in the solo que. that's why they got their own 12man que..

plz rename ur title to " 2-4grp should not face 12man premades"

QFT

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users