372 replies to this topic

#1 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

This sure won't piss anyone off at all....

#2 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

This sure won't piss anyone off at all....

Ya went up against a 10 man earlier, even they thought it was ridiculous.
Be warned, the tryhards will be here to flame you any moment for posting this.

#3 Dymlos2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

Explain?

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

4 mans will drop against 12 mans, since that's the "group queue" while a single 4 man per team should be dropping with the Solo queue.

Unless something isn't working as intended.

#5 XxEDGExX

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 26 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

lol just launched a 2 man group and got pitted against a team of 12 clan wolf although we killed some but a coordinated 12 man group is gonna win 95% of the time

#6 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

GG Close

#7 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 02 July 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

4 mans will drop against 12 mans, since that's the "group queue" while a single 4 man per team should be dropping with the Solo queue.

Unless something isn't working as intended.

And solo? Or 2 man? Seems fair to have 12 guys in comms against mix match of pugs? Uhhhh no, that should not happen. It's a bloody joke what is going on right now.

#8 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

And solo? Or 2 man? Seems fair to have 12 guys in comms against mix match of pugs? Uhhhh no, that should not happen. It's a bloody joke what is going on right now.

Working as intended, taken from patch notes:

Groups of 2 to 4: Groups of 2 to 4 will be matched up in the Solo players queue or the group queue. When they are placed in a Solo queue there will be a group of 2 to 4 on the opposing team. When matched in the Group queue they will be playing with groups of various compositions. Keeping an eye on the matchmaking queue status for each weight class will reduce wait times

Solo queue shouldn't be going against groups of more than 4, though. And only one of those per team.

#9 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

If you're group of two you will either be in the solo queue or be grouped up with other groups. 2/5/5 vs 12

Edited by Dymlos2003, 02 July 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#10 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

You mean to say premades of larger sizes do better?
Funny, I remember people defending premades vs pugs. Also people arguing VoIP won't help balance.

Now we get to hear complaints of groups vs larger groups?

It's the same ****, different smell.

#11 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 02 July 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Working as intended, taken from patch notes:

Solo queue shouldn't be going against groups of more than 4, though. And only one of those per team.

Working as intended? OK fine, but do you think that is remotely "balanced"? If this is the case I am done. I have been waiting for balanced MM for to long to see 12-10 guys in comms stomp all over mixed groups of 2's 3's and 4's.

On top of the mass amounts of Heavies and Assaults that are still is every game. At this very moment %69 of mehcs are ass/hvy.

CB/Founder/Pheonix/Clans but I just can't take it any longer. I'll take my disposable income else ware.

#12 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

They were told to keep pug queues away from pre-made .. but oh no they just had to put them in.. so here we are with a far worse MM than before ..GG PGI . this game is getting worse in leaps and bounds.

Never ever allow a pre-made in with a PUG , even if it is just 2 people...

Edited by ztac, 02 July 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#13 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostAlexandrix, on 02 July 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

GG Close

Enter the tryhards

#14 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Working as intended? OK fine, but do you think that is remotely "balanced"? If this is the case I am done. I have been waiting for balanced MM for to long to see 12-10 guys in comms stomp all over mixed groups of 2's 3's and 4's.

On top of the mass amounts of Heavies and Assaults that are still is every game. At this very moment %69 of mehcs are ass/hvy.

CB/Founder/Pheonix/Clans but I just can't take it any longer. I'll take my disposable income else ware.

Lolololololol this is gold.

#15 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Working as intended? OK fine, but do you think that is remotely "balanced"?

It's not, but this is what the community wanted. PGI saw this coming months ago, Paul even mentioned this very concern in a Command Chair post.

And no, a group only queue wouldn't be the answer. Would shoot wait times through the roof.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 02 July 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#16 Phromethius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

groups of twelve will only be matched with other groups of twelve. Thats what I read in the patch notes.

#17 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

View Postztac, on 02 July 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

They were told to keep pug queues away from pre-made .. but oh no they just had to put them in.. so here we are with a far worse MM than before ..GG PGI . this game is getting worse in leaps and bounds.

Never ever allow a pre-made in with a PUG , even if it is just 2 people...

I like how when this happened before; PGI called it a bug and had to hot-fix it out but now it's a "feature".

#18 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Sounds to me like the MM is working just fine and he`s just pissy that he doesn`t have more friends....

The patch notes explicitly state that all groups will drop in the group (mixed 2-4, 5-10, and 12 man) queue, and that groups of 1-4 can also get tossed into the solo queue at a rate of 1 group /team.

So yes, if you run a 2 man, you do in fact run the risk of dropping against a 12 man. But you will have at least one, more likely 2-3 other groups on your side.

Maybe this is PGIs way of showing people what it`s like to ACTUALLY get stomped by a 12 man instead of just whining about a legend that has barely if ever been proven to exist (the MM snafu 2-3 patches ago aside), and that the "evil premade Boogieman" in the public queue was never even remotely the issue that the scrubs and cryhards wanted it to be.

A lot of people will have a lot of soul searching to do these next few weeks... Because this is pretty much exactly what the community as a whole asked for. Bring back larger group sizes, force segregation of group and pug play (to a reasonable degree)... Same as with skirmish, calmer heads attempted to warn you, but you didn`t care.

So just deal with it, because we have to live with the mess you advocated for us all, too.

Edited by Zerberus, 02 July 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#19 Kekrebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 226 posts

GG PGI. I just had a 12 vs a few 2-4s. Nothing bigger. That was so much fun.

To those that are still around from the closed beta... remember the fiasco with the 8 mans (when it was 8v8 matches) that stomped everyone and how we finally got them to realize it was hurting the game and no one wanted to play except those 8 mans?

Well now we have it again. Yippie PGI, GG Close.

#20 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,565 posts

Oh, for...!

WHEN WILL PEOPLE SHUT UP?

This is what Piranha has to do in order to allow players to run in groups of more than 4. SOMEBODY has to fight the froggin' 12-man drops - not every oddball group of seven buddies can be perfectly matched against another oddball group of seven buddies who just so happens to be in the MM queue at the same time, in the same general weight bracket of machines for 3/3/3/3, and who sit in the same ELO range.

Something has to give somewhere. The 12-man stompdrops are a rarity for anyone in the 2-4 group range, who're as likely to wind up in the solo queue as the group queue, and who're just as likely to be fighting a hodgepodge of smaller groups on the enemy side as they are a 12-man.

QUIT FRICKIN' GRIPING ALREADY. It's embarrassing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users