6 replies to this topic

#1 Syncline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

From the HOME screen, click SELECT MECH and the selection screen opens.

In this screen, I dislike seeing mechs sorted by chassis; I would prefer them sorted by weight class. Thus, I clicked the dropdown box to sort mechs the way I like. Great! I play a game and get killed way too quickly because Locust. So,I select another mech because the fire in my Locust's cockpit is still burning and won't go out until the match ends, but I don't want to wait for said fire to be extinguished. All my mechs are sorted by chassis again!

In other words, it would be nice if the UI remembered my sorting preference in the future.

Edited by Syncline, 02 July 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#2 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostSyncline, on 02 July 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

From the HOME screen, click SELECT MECH and the selection screen opens.

In this screen, I dislike seeing mechs sorted by chassis; I would prefer them sorted by weight class. Thus, I clicked the dropdown box to sort mechs the way I like. Great! I play a game, get killed way too quickly because Locust, then select another mech because the fire in my Locust's cockpit is still burning and won't go out until the match ends, but I want to play another game. All my mechs are sorted by chassis again!

In other words, it would be nice if the UI remembered my sorting preference in the future.

This should go without saying.

#3 Trifler

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Another thing is that the clicking on a "Save" button to select a mech thing doesn't work for me. I much preferred the previous interface where you could see the currently selected mech and it updated as you clicked on other mechs. You could find the mech you're looking for based on what the mech looks like if you didn't remember the variant number. Fortunately the Mech Bay still has it, but bizarrely the Store still doesn't.

#4 DYSEQTA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

View PostSyncline, on 02 July 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Great! I play a game and get killed way too quickly because Locust I don't know how to pilot a Locust.

Fixed that for you.

#5 markomaniac

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

Hey,
I'm not sure if anybody has brought this up before, the trial mech's and owned mech's should be sorted into 2 differant categories. I think this would be an awesome change,Thanks.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,681 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

In this new select mech box, can we get the weight classes further sorted by tonnage please? I prefer my mechs sorted by tonnage. Also, i'd like the filter to remember my preference as the OP suggests.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,681 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

Edit to add: Can we get the mechlab sorted by tonnage too? The owned mechs section is but not the purchaseable ones.

I'd really like every place to be sorted by tonnage (and therefore weight class), then by name.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 02 July 2014 - 11:44 PM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users