3 replies to this topic

#1 DaFitz

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

First 4 matches after patch today with my ECM commando. Early part of the match my commando would get headshot into oblivion running at 135kph. My firestarter as well was getting melted at high speeds. Also I was able to destroy a fresh locust in a high speed chase by a single volley of 4 ML. I expected that fight to last much much longer.

The only reason I can see to this is that something in the patch skewed the hit boxes on the light mechs. Even with the new targeting computers I dont see a "working as intended" reason for this issue.

24 hours ago I was able to dance around in a fire fight and blast away. Now my lights are afraid to even engauge for fear of a random C-ERML blowing out a torso or head. I have never been headshot killed before on one of my 5 lights, now it seems to be every other match.
Sorry no screen caps as I forgot to hit the button as I sat there in stunned silence.

#2 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

not seeing this issue in my locust and im not melting lights any differently than before. they are still very difficult to get hits to register on.

#3 Claviger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 204 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

Firestarters/Embres are still 35 ton assaults based on the amount of damage they can endure. 60 point alphas to ct from 100 meters away, first time he was shot, light orange armor on right/left torso and medium orange armor ct....

Edited by Claviger, 02 July 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#4 Draecos

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostDaFitz, on 02 July 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

First 4 matches after patch today with my ECM commando. Early part of the match my commando would get headshot into oblivion running at 135kph. My firestarter as well was getting melted at high speeds. Also I was able to destroy a fresh locust in a high speed chase by a single volley of 4 ML. I expected that fight to last much much longer.

The only reason I can see to this is that something in the patch skewed the hit boxes on the light mechs. Even with the new targeting computers I dont see a "working as intended" reason for this issue.

24 hours ago I was able to dance around in a fire fight and blast away. Now my lights are afraid to even engauge for fear of a random C-ERML blowing out a torso or head. I have never been headshot killed before on one of my 5 lights, now it seems to be every other match.
Sorry no screen caps as I forgot to hit the button as I sat there in stunned silence.

1) If you're pursuing a Locust and hit LT or RT in rear with a concentrated 4 MLAS shot, they are toast. They simply DON'T have the armor of a Firestarter even. Go look it up. You're talking about a mech with maybe.... 8 armor at most in those locations, and 10hp internal structure. So yes. Your 20 points of damage WOULD nuke them.

2) Light mechs SHOULD live in fear of heavies and assaults. They SHOULD have to be cautious. They're horribly "broken". Many have firepower on par with heavies AND assaults, and when you combine that with poor hit registration, the excessive health they actually have, AND their speed?.... you have a mech that is unbalanced. Light mechs are supposed to be the scouts and light fighters. You're not supposed to be able to "dance around in a fire fight and blast away". A light mech SHOULD have to use cover, use it's speed and maneuverability to move from cover to cover, taking shots from various locations, and pick away at their opponents. Harass them and support the bigger mechs.

Instead, you have lights which, more or less, outperform mediums, and easily go toe to toe with heavies. Assaults are at a huge disadvantage when compared to lights. A smart light in MWO will dance circles around and the assault barely has a chance. A huge part of the problem is those heavier weapons have a slower firing rate. Simply put, a Firestarter with 6 MLAS (6 energy hardpoints) can simply outdamage an assault like an Atlas that may have 4 and a ballistic hardpoint.

I'm going to take a wild guess here, but most of your issue is mainly due to what sounds like a very risky playstyle. Clan mechs have changed things a bit and you can't quite get away with what you used to. Adapt. Survive.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users