43 replies to this topic

#21 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

They got things similar to this sorted out for me, I think support will help you on this one.

Edited by DONTOR, 03 July 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#22 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

View PostRouken, on 02 July 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

First, send a message to support and ask pretty please. I think they would be able to help you in this situation.

Second, NEVER sell mechs. It only leads to regret.

.....unless it's a free mech that sucks anyway. Then sell it and keep the free mech bay.....

#23 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

View PostTarvold, on 02 July 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

Hi, i'm new to mwo.
I've been playing for only a few days and decided to buy a timberwolf because it was my favourite mech in mw2. I decided to sell one of them so I could buy a stalker at the time I didn't see a point in owning 3 of the same mech. But as I found out after i did this that i couldn't unlock the elite tier of skills for my timberwolf without owning all three variants. Is there anyway of buying back the mech I sold with C-Bills or MC just so I can unlock the skills. Considering this mech package cost so much in the first place I'd hate to see it goto waste over a small thing like this.

I hope you get GM Reppu--the dude is super nice and helpful. Just be polite and explain how you didn't know it was such a mistake.

#24 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

I sold my 3 cataphracts which also included the Ilya..yup my crazy ass sold a pay mech!
I just wanted the cbills, I also never really used the chassis.

I also sold the yen lo wang

Edited by Penance, 03 July 2014 - 08:21 AM.

#25 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

Well I had something profound typed out but these stupid forums decided to log me out when I posted so I lost everything.

support can probable help you, they've helped me. Just be nice and take responsibility for your mistake (no matter what the underlying reason/excuse is). Should work out in your favor in the end.

#26 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

looks like another win for pgi's new player experience!

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

First, send a message to support and ask pretty please. I think they would be able to help you in this situation.

Unless, maybe it's the Pretty Baby. Yeah, that's IRL money down the drain, but do you keep that ugly, contentious Girlfriend just because you spent money taking her out in the past? It's better to cut ties, burn all pictures of her and not have the constant reminder of the follies of your past, every time you open your Mechbay.

Unless, perhaps you wish it there to remind you as a cautionary tale. :blink:

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 03 July 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#28 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

As others have said, send support@mwomercs.com an email calmly explaining your situation.

From what I`ve experienced over the years, it appears that everyone gets one "I ****** up bad, please help!" erased. This is one of those times where it definitely makes sense to play that card. If the T-wolf were already out for c-bills, it would be a different story :blink:

#29 Vweegit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts
  • LocationEvans, NY, USA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 July 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

Unless, maybe it's the Pretty Baby. Yeah, that's IRL money down the drain, but do you keep that ugly, contentious Girlfriend just because you spent money taking her out in the past? It's better to cut ties, burn all pictures of her and not have the constant reminder of the follies of your past, every time you open your Mechbay.

Unless, perhaps you wish it there to remind you as a cautionary tale. :blink:

I feel that way about my Boar's Head. :)

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostZerberus, on 03 July 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

As others have said, send support@mwomercs.com an email calmly explaining your situation.

From what I`ve experienced over the years, it appears that everyone gets one "I ****** up bad, please help!" erased. This is one of those times where it definitely makes sense to play that card. If the T-wolf were already out for c-bills, it would be a different story :blink:

And while they did I think post something about this scenario during the Pheonix Packages (I honestly dunno if the did for the Clan stuff in the minutiae since I already knew from before I didn't look), it ain't like PGI is good at putting that info in easy to find places.

Yes, end of the day, ti is buyer beware, but PGI could do a lot better about information transparency, too.

#31 John Cooke

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

^^^This... I have regreted selling mechs several times, specially when I bought them back *sigh*

#32 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 July 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

And while they did I think post something about this scenario during the Pheonix Packages (I honestly dunno if the did for the Clan stuff in the minutiae since I already knew from before I didn't look), it ain't like PGI is good at putting that info in easy to find places.

Yes, end of the day, ti is buyer beware, but PGI could do a lot better about information transparency, too.

It does sound, however, that no matter where that transparent information was placed, the OP bought and Sold without any investigation whatsoever. Unless they sent the Info Pack via email, before those Mechs arrived, likely 85% of folks would still not read said info pack and the Silly Duck would still need help reversing a bad, uninformed decision.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 03 July 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

It does sound, however, that no matter where that transparent information was placed, the OP bought and Sold without any investigation whatsoever. Unless they sent the Info Pack via email, before those Mechs arrived, likely 85% of folks would still not read said info pack and the Silly Duck would still need help reversing a bad, uninformed decision.

Even then, most don't bother to read the fine print.

Not defending the purchaser, but I am also still saying PGI needs to put this stuff out there, along with a lot of stuff (like contests on NGNG website?) in a much more plain, easy to find manner, on their OWN website.

Sure a lot of people still won't bother to look, but at that point, it falls 100% on them, and PGI can cover their own butts and point out the plain as day terms and conditions to anyone who complains.

#34 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostBilbo, on 03 July 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

I've done it with the Phoenix mechs I didn't want. In this case, since they are Omni-mechs, I can't think of a reason to sell any of them. They can all basically be made into whatever my favorite build ends up being. I did elite the chasis before selling them though.

I sold off two of my Locusts but that was justified, lol.

#35 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostNgamok, on 03 July 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

I sold off two of my Locusts but that was justified, lol.

Honestly, if I could sell the third I would do so.

#36 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostBilbo, on 03 July 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

Honestly, if I could sell the third I would do so.

I would too. But then one day someone will say, hey let's all do a 12 vs 12 Lolcust battle and then I'd have to purchase one.

#37 KAT Ayanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 02 July 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

No, the Developers thrive not giving new players enough information so they make little mistakes like this and you are then encouraged to spend cash on the game.

+1

There is not enough info in-game. I still remember how I spent my GXP (the one for the modules) to update my f.ing catapult!!! (Mech xp).

Nobody did anything about it...

#38 Xmith

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

Out of curiosity, which TBR did you sell?

Also does anyone know weather or not you need all 3 to use all omni pods?

#39 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

View Postzhajin, on 03 July 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

actually its not, especially with clan mechs many of which are completely redundant. when buying packs you get a lot of mechs that are effectively worthless once xped. overall the 3 variant xp this is pretty poor design, and given the circumstances I hope support will roll back or swap the mechs. particularly given that he has no way to buy the mech (can you even buy two of the same mech packs?)

I think the 3-variant XP rule is there to encourage the purchase of 'Mech Bays. Some 'Mechs are just so expensive in C-bills or are too fun for the player that he doesn't want to sell it, but needs space to finish the skill tree for a 'Mech he just bought and ended up liking.

#40 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostXmith, on 03 July 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, which TBR did you sell?

Also does anyone know weather or not you need all 3 to use all omni pods?

You don't have to have them. the pods are all available for c-bills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users