- - - - -

Mwo Finished Updating But Wouldn't Let Me Play

Help Me Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 Shraknle

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

I downloaded the game and let it update but when it finsihed updating it wouldn't let me play the game.

SOME ON PLEASE HELP ME!!!

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

Is the game crashing on load, or are you just waiting for the patcher to finish finalizing?

After the downloading the patch needs to install and/or patch the game (actually putting the files here they need to go and installing or updating the program) this can take much longer than you might expect, especially if you have a slow HDD .

Be patient while it is still finalizing until it says PLAY.

#3 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Finalizing takes a long time.

I would also love to offer my help if you want someone to help you learn the ropes.

I would also recommend the video tutorials here

This mech xp guide

plus my own mech building guide

Even though it's linked in the mech building guide. Smurfy is a great website to theory craft mech builds once you have the money to buy one.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Once the patcher finishes downloading everything, that's when the game actually installs. It took 10 minutes the first time I installed the game, and the game was a bit smaller back then.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 July 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

I would also recommend the video tutorials here

While all the words are the same, the interface is very different and has been generating some confusion. Still the gameplay tips, weapons grouping, etc. is all the same so that much will help.

I'm starting to think I'll need to actually pick up the tutorial project much sooner than I was hoping. I was honestly expecting NGNG/IGP to be done with a new set of tutorials by now. The UI 2.0 overview helps, but it's not really a tutorial and strikes me as very disorganized and hard to follow. I gave it 3 minutes and was like "Okay, I'm more confused than when I started, screw this" and went off to figure it out on my own.

#6 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostKoniving, on 03 July 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

While all the words are the same, the interface is very different and has been generating some confusion. Still the gameplay tips, weapons grouping, etc. is all the same so that much will help.

I'm starting to think I'll need to actually pick up the tutorial project much sooner than I was hoping. I was honestly expecting NGNG/IGP to be done with a new set of tutorials by now. The UI 2.0 overview helps, but it's not really a tutorial and strikes me as very disorganized and hard to follow. I gave it 3 minutes and was like "Okay, I'm more confused than when I started, screw this" and went off to figure it out on my own.

I'm willing to volunteer my mechs and time to help with that.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 July 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

I'm willing to volunteer my mechs and time to help with that.

Time being the issue. But sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users