Clan Nova Cat's Campfire

328 replies to this topic

#41 Stray Ion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

I am not referring to any prophecy in general, I was just curious if mystic visions were in fact prophecies. I know it could seem like it is self explanaitory but I just want to be sure.

I plan on ending some of my future posts in the forum with "in accordance with the prophecy", as well as all future PM's to the Devs (though I think they just delete them and I understand if they do). If someone was to ask why I do so, I could just reply back I am just minor role playing as I follow Clan Nova Cat.

I know very little lore, I just wish to be accurate. Thanks for replying.

Edited by Stray Ion, 02 July 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#42 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

Personally, I've never been one for telling others what to do. Imo, if you're having fun and can RP it out, roll with it. That's sort of the beauty of Clan Nova Cat, they tend to viewed as rebels amongst the other clans (James Dean, not Princess Leia) and they afford their clan members more personal freedoms than usual.

My suggestion would be to say "in accordance with prophecy" instead of "THE prophecy." Using "the" seems to give the connotation that there's a grand prophecy written centuries ago that we're waiting to come true, whereas just "prophecy" is the general act of telling the future. I've always gotten the impression that the Nova Cats' vision were usually a short term deal, they didn't generally make predictions about events that would happen in the distant future.

#43 Stray Ion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

Thank you SinnerX.

To think I just picked it due to liking a few mechs from previous games, and after reading your post I like Nova Cats even more now; in accordance with prophecy.

#44 Forren

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationNew Barcella, Irece

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostSinnerX, on 03 July 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

I've always gotten the impression that the Nova Cats' vision were usually a short term deal, they didn't generally make predictions about events that would happen in the distant future.

It is both, long term and short term. Examples of long term are discussed here:

http://www.warrenbor...TheStars41.html
Apparently the source for that is WizKids, but I am not completely sure.

#45 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

I thank you for the insight, Jazeera. In truth, I have had little contact with our Oathmaster in the past, instead focusing on the development of my command skills. Though they will serve little use now, I look forward to returning to the cockpit with nothing to worry about save myself, my enemy, and our dance of death.

I am currently studying the past of these successor states in an attempt to determine if there is any possibility of seeing a reformed Star League. As I read about the events surrounding the Decision at Thunder Rift, I am not hopeful. Only time shall reveal the truth.

#46 Stray Ion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

So it is in accordance with the prophecy, thank you Jazeera. On a side note, this should make the Devs happy LOL.

#47 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

Okay, so not exactly Nova Cat related, but I'm excited to have some miniatures coming in the mail! I was struck by an oddly urgent sense of purpose this weekend that I should get back into painting minis, so I ended up cleaning out space in my room and setting up a new desk, and then ordering a light lance from an online retailer(the cheapest ones I could find lol). All I need now is some paint, but I'll probably get that locally unless I can find it significantly cheaper online.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find my old minis :). If they're not with me, they might be in my mother's garage, which means they have a 30% chance of being donated to Goodwill, a 30% chance of being thrown away, 30% chance of being buried somewhere never to be seen again, and maybe, just maybe, a 10% chance of being found within my lifetime. I guess it's not a big deal of I can't find them, they're probably all bent and banged up anyway, not to mention I had no idea how to paint a miniature at the time, but it would nice for nostalgia's sake.

#48 Forren

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostSinnerX, on 09 July 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

Okay, so not exactly Nova Cat related, but I'm excited to have some miniatures coming in the mail! I was struck by an oddly urgent sense of purpose this weekend that I should get back into painting minis, so I ended up cleaning out space in my room and setting up a new desk, and then ordering a light lance from an online retailer(the cheapest ones I could find lol). All I need now is some paint, but I'll probably get that locally unless I can find it significantly cheaper online.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find my old minis :P. If they're not with me, they might be in my mother's garage, which means they have a 30% chance of being donated to Goodwill, a 30% chance of being thrown away, 30% chance of being buried somewhere never to be seen again, and maybe, just maybe, a 10% chance of being found within my lifetime. I guess it's not a big deal of I can't find them, they're probably all bent and banged up anyway, not to mention I had no idea how to paint a miniature at the time, but it would nice for nostalgia's sake.

I have a Nova Cat-prime mini I bought from IronWind Metals last year, but I haven't had the chance to paint it yet, I also was unable to find a Variant-A configuration mini. I also bought a Timberwolf-prime at the same time which remains in the same condition as my Nova Cat. Was planning on using them in a MechWarrior:TBTRPG game I was playing at the time, but since I didn't have the time to assemble and paint them they remain as such.

#49 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Took me a bit to find this thread I figured there had to be at least some other Nova Cats running around the forums!

#50 KaptKirk

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationFT. White ,FL

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

Long time follower of the Nova Cats...Found out more about them in 15m then in 15 books.
When the time comes for the Cats to arrive I would like to be with them.

#51 Kass Dixon

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Clan Nova Cat will always have my allegiance in spirit, and if they ever become a playable faction they shall have my 'Mech as well.

#52 Forren

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

More Nova Cats coming out of the woodwork and into that box with "Free Nova Kittens!" written on the side that we call home!

I hate to be the Ghost Bearer of bad news, but we will not see our Totem 'Mech for another.. 11 years, going by exact time of TRO Manual 3060, though the number may be as little as 7 if they roll it out a year or so after Tukayyid like the manual says it was.

Sorry about the pun, I could not resist.

#53 Kass Dixon

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostJazeera, on 15 August 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Sorry about the pun, I could not resist.

How do you ever plan to earn a bloodname without showing a bit more restraint?

Seriously, though, I have no love lost for the Nova Cat as a 'Mech. Too large.

#54 Forren

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostKass Dixon, on 27 August 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

How do you ever plan to earn a bloodname without showing a bit more restraint?

Seriously, though, I have no love lost for the Nova Cat as a 'Mech. Too large.

I do not believe that making puns will disqualify my ability to earn a bloodname.

I love the Nova Cat, more than the fan favorite Timber Wolf.

#55 Januarus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostJazeera, on 15 August 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

I hate to be the Ghost Bearer of bad news, but we will not see our Totem 'Mech for another.. 11 years, going by exact time of TRO Manual 3060, though the number may be as little as 7 if they roll it out a year or so after Tukayyid like the manual says it was.

But we soon see another totem mech)) Shadow Cat also "face" of clan Nova Cat toumen.

#56 Ledaal Liao

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Greetings.
Maybe one day I found myself on a path of Nova Cat

#57 Malis A Novacat

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationat optimum range and getting closer

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

I am Star Captain Malis A Rosse, commanding the 43rd Supernova of the Snow Tiger Keshik in Clan
Nova Cat.

I have travelled the Inner Sphere, following my Vision from world to star and found that such honors as Zellbrigen and Batchall are too easily abused by the Eyeass warlords and their minions.

There is a simple way out of that predicament. Claim them all, and their equipment and the world they stand on as Isorla. Any that resist can be counted as Dezgra and will be Punished.

The "Batchall" ...

"Clan Nova Cat has been tasked here to occupy and pacify this world, and to end the violent
agression of the militaries on this world. All military assets and personel are claimed as Isorla.
All agressive military actions will now cease. Anyone that refuses to comply will be Punished by
our Tsundere Catgirl Battlemaids. Katsu! Do I need to deploy an entire star of Omnimechs to
destroy your Regiment?"

... Thundercats! Ho!
GC (aka GhostCat in other places)

#58 DreamFallen Novacat

• PipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat, FEAR THE KITTEN!!!!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Greetings fellow Nova Cats, had to look deep to find this thread. I have been a Clan Nova Cat die hard for some years within BT universe. Looking forward to the release of clan mechs, long time Shadow Cat mech player. To bad we have to wait on the actual Nova Cat mech.

I really doubt we will have to wait 11 years to play this mech. The whole this year = this year in the BT universe will probably not last long considering many iconic mechs come after the initial clan invasion.

#59 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Well, well. I have wandered away from this chatterweb for a bit longer then anticipated. I am surprised just how many more of us have shown themselves. It pleases me to know we will have some numbers behind our precision when we get the call to arms.

In all seriousness, though, is anyone organizing anything yet as far as an impromptu CNC group for MWO in the interim? As much joy as I get putting the dezgra out of my misery, I cannot help but find myself consistently dragged down by my teams' combined lack of coordination.

As to Dream's desire to pilot our dear totem mech, while we may never see it in MWO, we do still have our options available to us. The shadowcat and jenner IIC are quite popular with us, for example. Nova and Supernova should be enjoyable as well, if the DHS issue ever gets fully resolved.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 25 November 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#60 VoidConductor

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

I guess we will get Fenris first and all these standard clan mechs first.
Shadow Cat will be out of reach for some time ... ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users