Give Is Mechs Their Ac/2's Back Pls.

21 replies to this topic

#1 Barfing Gopher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

I never agreed with the overbearing ghost heat nerf on the ac/2's, it was silly, even with a macro all it ever did was sound scary. It actually reduced accuracy and the only real benefit was the awesome dakka sound and it made the Jagermech more fun. Now with the clans a Dire Wolf can boat 6 uac/5's, thats way more damage and the same principle, please take the ghost heat off of the IS ac/2 and let the people that didn't/couldn't buy the clan mechs have a little more fun. This would also give the IS a viable counter to the "Dakkawolf" with the Cataphract 4x and the Jager DD. That's all, feel free to discuss.

Thanks,

BG

Edited by Barfing Gopher, 06 July 2014 - 04:58 AM.

#2 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

Yes. We need the Dakka back! Don't care about the RoF nerf, but ghost heat must go!

Edited by Funky Bacon, 06 July 2014 - 05:13 AM.

#3 Barfing Gopher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:12 AM

I actually have the full clan pack, and when I built my Dire Wolf with 4 uac/5's at first I was like "Oh hell yes! I finally have my dakka back that I lost when they nerfed my Jager DD!" But then my next thought was "How would I feel if I didn't/couldn't afford to buy this clan mech? I'd feel like I was getting shafted because it can stream a constant barrage of hate just like my DD used to, actually more, with only 4 uac/5's (not to mention the 8 ersl's in the arms) and the IS pilots are still penalized for doing it...." I've been on the giving and receiving end of a Dakkawolf, and it's a terror. I don't mind fighting them because I can do it too, but the IS can't, even though they have 2 mechs that SHOULD be able to answer that barrage.

Edited by Barfing Gopher, 06 July 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#4 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Resurrecting this topic because I just got my Banshee with four AC2s, and I'm having great fun with it. Granted, I have to fire them all grouped together simultaneously, and not chain-fired for massive "dakka" effect. But whoever I'm hosing it with STILL backs off in a staring contest because the ROF is still high enough to turn their cockpit into a rocking chair, I guess. Also, firing grouped together with 16 double heat sinks isn't that hot - they usually back off before I get close to shutting down.

I realized I missed the boat when you could get even more ROF and range out of these things, but they're still fun to use.

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

The Nerfinator will not allow that, unfortunately.

#6 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

Remove AC2 ghost heat and my JM6-S will be able to Alpha non-stop forever. I don't see how that is a good thing...other than for me of course :)

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostWolfways, on 06 July 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Remove AC2 ghost heat and my JM6-S will be able to Alpha non-stop forever. I don't see how that is a good thing...other than for me of course :)

Well, that's not true. Ghost heat gives you less than 1 extra point of heat for 6 AC2s.

It's the exponential gain that causes massive heat. And the whole 1 heat per shot, which can shoot more than once a second.

#8 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 July 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Well, that's not true. Ghost heat gives you less than 1 extra point of heat for 6 AC2s.

It's the exponential gain that causes massive heat. And the whole 1 heat per shot, which can shoot more than once a second.

My JM6-S has stock weapons. If i Alpha-fire (not including the ML's) non-stop i overheat in around 15 seconds. If i switch the AC2's to chain-fire i don't generate any heat and can fire forever, but i find that 10-15 seconds is enough to destroy most mechs.

#9 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

View PostWolfways, on 06 July 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

My JM6-S has stock weapons. If i Alpha-fire (not including the ML's) non-stop i overheat in around 15 seconds. If i switch the AC2's to chain-fire i don't generate any heat and can fire forever, but i find that 10-15 seconds is enough to destroy most mechs.

Well, with AC2s you lose RoF with more than 2 on Chain fire.

So, not quite alpha striking as you mentioned.

#10 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 July 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

The Nerfinator will not allow that, unfortunately.

No pic? For shame..

#11 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostSephlock, on 06 July 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

No pic? For shame..

Posted Image

#12 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 July 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well, with AC2s you lose RoF with more than 2 on Chain fire.

So, not quite alpha striking as you mentioned.

Yeah but my point is that if GH is removed 2xAC2's will be able to group-fire non-stop. Not that I would mind though....

#13 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostBarfing Gopher, on 06 July 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

I never agreed with the overbearing ghost heat nerf on the ac/2's, it was silly, even with a macro all it ever did was sound scary. It actually reduced accuracy and the only real benefit was the awesome dakka sound and it made the Jagermech more fun. Now with the clans a Dire Wolf can boat 6 uac/5's, thats way more damage and the same principle, please take the ghost heat off of the IS ac/2 and let the people that didn't/couldn't buy the clan mechs have a little more fun. This would also give the IS a viable counter to the "Dakkawolf" with the Cataphract 4x and the Jager DD. That's all, feel free to discuss.

Thanks,

BG

hmm well if you couldn't afford the clan pack thats no one else's problem though. The dire wolf can be quite laughable. Though I have probably overall done decent with it managed some decent kills and damage, but you are so huge and easy to take out I dont think you need to buff jags anymore. They have enough meta power in them as is.

#14 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

If you chain-fire AC2s, all you're doing is spending 12 tons on what used to be a single AC2, but with less range. Besides, there is no GH on 2xAC2. Ghost heat has absolutely nothing to do with whether you can alpha AC2s until you get to 4 of them. You have no clue what you're talking about, so please stop.

#15 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 06 July 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

If you chain-fire AC2s, all you're doing is spending 12 tons on what used to be a single AC2, but with less range. Besides, there is no GH on 2xAC2. Ghost heat has absolutely nothing to do with whether you can alpha AC2s until you get to 4 of them. You have no clue what you're talking about, so please stop.

I didn't mention GH in the post you quoted, but did say GH in another post which was a mistake, i meant heat generation.
Unless something changed in the last patch (I haven't played yet) 2xAC2's fire faster than 1xAC2.
Also, there is nothing that is untrue in the post you quoted.

Edited by Wolfways, 06 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#16 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,981 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

Sync firing 2 AC-2 never has been an issue, its that stagger firing them which does the same DPS, same HPS applies a heat multiplier that keeps ramping up as long as you're firing.

#17 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 July 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

View PostWolfways, on 06 July 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Remove AC2 ghost heat and my JM6-S will be able to Alpha non-stop forever.

View PostWolfways, on 06 July 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

I didn't mention GH in the post you quoted, but did say GH in another post which was a mistake, i meant heat generation.

Nice try, but nobody ever suggested removing heat generation. And while you didn't mention GH in that post, specifically, the post was in defense of your point about GH.

So, your defense now is that you had no idea what the thread was about and were just babbling nonsense?

#18 ThermidorFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 224 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 06 July 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Nice try, but nobody ever suggested removing heat generation. And while you didn't mention GH in that post, specifically, the post was in defense of your point about GH.

So, your defense now is that you had no idea what the thread was about and were just babbling nonsense?

Hey, babbling nonsense is all I do on these forums.

I wouldn't mind getting the old AC/2 macro assault cannon back, that was fun as hell (even if it'll be a bit slower now).

#19 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

I think I heard somewhere that the next round of balance changes includes a cooldown buff to the AC2.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 06 July 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#20 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 06 July 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

I think I heard somewhere that the next round of balance changes includes a cooldown buff to the AC2.

Do you mean a further "buff" (I prefer the term "un-nerf" for this situation) than the current 0.72 cooldown? Or was it just the 0.72 (down from 0.8) thing you heard about (which is already in effect)?

Edited by FupDup, 06 July 2014 - 04:07 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users