Why 'support' Is A Joke !

25 replies to this topic

#1 Taran Tula

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

I know this is my first post and already can feel the hate-flamers warming up to reply to this, but for me this has annoyed me so much that I feel it needs to be vocalized.

GIVE ME MY DAMN MECH PGI !

Now you must be wondering what this is about, so I'll try to keep it simple and sweet without losing my temper again. As a new player and not wanting to 'payout' real money yet for any mechs, I spent my time doing all the basics and building up the 'c-bills' to afford one mech and two variations so I could master the mech's control.

Nice and simple plan isn't it ! ... of course it is.

Until the moment you go to buy the mechs in question, in this case I faniced being a CIcada pilot since I liked the idea of having a light's speed and a bit heavier armour. SO with a great smile on my face and looking forward to the next stage I chose to buy the 3M first since of the c-bill variants, it's the most expensive [ I'm gussing because it an carry ECM ? ]. I highlight my new acquisition and go to 'buy' it, as the transaction goes through I get a 'message' Transaction Failure my connection is fine and nothing seems to be in issue, except then I notice the my c-bills drop and no mech !!

What annoys me the most is it's now been 3 days since the incident and me putting in a ticket and still NO reply.

I mean seriously PGI is this a way you are travelling to treat new players ? I was willing to plow what I'd normally use for a subscription to an MMO/Extra Points for this, until this moment happened. Now it makes me 'err' on to caution because of the inept ability to resolve what could be a wider issue !

:(

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

So, by 3 days do you mean as of Thursday? Because they don't work Weekends.

Wait 3 business days before complaining.

#3 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

We can try to assist in the mean time, but... the Support page states:

Edited by Praetor Knight, 07 July 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#4 Taran Tula

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 07 July 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

Wait 3 business days before complaining.

This is my bad ! Thank you for pointing this out, guess I'm not used to a game that does not have any support over a weekend.

View PostPraetor Knight, on 07 July 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

We can try to assist in the mean time, but... the Support page states:

I understand this, but feel that a GM has as much power to review as the 'support' mechinism, but thank you for pointing this out to me ! :(

It's just frustrating that it took me a while to get the c-bills in place to execute my plan, only to be ninja-robbed at the pay desk ! :)

Edited by Taran Tula, 07 July 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

FWIW, PGI's support is really top-notch. You'll hear many criticisms of PGI, but this is one you'll almost never hear. Glad it was a misunderstanding.

The CDA-3M is so expensive because of the included XL320, BTW. All the other c-bill Cicadas come with "cheap" STD engines. I adore my 3M, hope you have fun in yours when it lands.

#6 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostTaran Tula, on 07 July 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

It's just frustrating that it took me a while to get the c-bills in place to execute my plan, only to be ninja-robbed at the pay desk ! :(

So when you got the failure, your C-Bill total lowered?

And have you tried logging in and out to get an update from the server?

If your C-Bill total didn't change, then you may be able to retry the purchase, and we can see if there is a workaround you could try, such as buying the mech through the Mechlab tab instead of through the Store tab.

(For example, I've been recently buying Griffins from the Mechlab Purchasable area, instead of going through the Store tab. And maybe that is something you could try; and I can post pics on how to find that area too.)

Edited by Praetor Knight, 07 July 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#7 Taran Tula

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 07 July 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

So when you got the failure, your C-Bill total lowered?

And have you tried logging in and out to get an update from the server?

If your C-Bill total didn't change, then you may be able to retry the purchase, and we can see if there is a workaround you could try, such as buying the mech through the Mechlab tab instead of through the Store tab.

In answer to this :

Yes

Yes ,nine times from the event and twice a day since.

As soon as the failure message was cleared by me, my c-bill's for the mech disappeared.

View PostTerciel1976, on 07 July 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

The CDA-3M is so expensive because of the included XL320, BTW. All the other c-bill Cicadas come with "cheap" STD engines. I adore my 3M, hope you have fun in yours when it lands.

Ah I see why it's the more expensive now, thank you.

Totally looking forward to rampaging around in one , I was following one from his cockpit after I was killed. Love the 'hiding assassin' idea they give and the idea of being in a med/light predator pack ! :( :)

#8 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostTaran Tula, on 07 July 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

As soon as the failure message was cleared by me, my c-bill's for the mech disappeared.

Okay, definitely an issue Support needs to look into.

And I was just thinking, so I thought I'd ask, you did receive an automated 'Request received' email? If you did see that in your inbox, then you only need to wait for a reply.

So good luck, and I hope you get this resolved ASAP.

#9 Taran Tula

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 07 July 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

Okay, definitely an issue Support needs to look into.

And I was just thinking, so I thought I'd ask, you did receive an automated 'Request received' email? If you did see that in your inbox, then you only need to wait for a reply.

So good luck, and I hope you get this resolved ASAP.

*Palmfaces*

Found the automated reply in the 'junk mail' section, I shall await what I hope will be a fruitful reply to my situation and thank you for helping me here !

:(

#10 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

Spam filters are good and all, but sometimes they need a bit of tweaking, good to hear! :(

#11 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

PGI support staff are actually some of the best I've ever had to deal with. Never had an issue that they weren't able to either fix or give me some sort of decent resolution. Good luck, and I would put them on your spam filter's good list.

#12 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:55 AM

Support has always been top notch for me. They have a large queue of emails/tickets so it might take a few days, but the end results have always enticed me to buy another MC package.

I was going through a sell phase in my mechlab and I accidentally sold my Muromets. My mistake and I said as much in my email to them whilst asking for the mech back. This was Friday and they had a 30% off sale for the Muromets. Expecting to have to own my mistake I went ahead and bought it on sale and I updated my ticket. Monday rolled around and not only did they refund my MC but they refunded the full price, not the sale price.

Be humble, be polite, be patient, and the results will most likely be in your favor. No guarantee, but this has always garnered me 5-star service.

#13 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:04 AM

View PostTaran Tula, on 07 July 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

Ah I see why it's the more expensive now, thank you.

Totally looking forward to rampaging around in one , I was following one from his cockpit after I was killed. Love the 'hiding assassin' idea they give and the idea of being in a med/light predator pack ! :) :P

Yep. That's the idea. Good news, too: they tend to build naturally around XL300s, which you should have from your Jenners.

#14 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

There was also Canada day on the 1st so they may be a bit behind.

#15 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:36 AM

Did you have an open/available Mech Bay (New Mech's usually do not come with a Mech Bay)? If not, perhaps if you open one up/purchase one and then relog it may appear?

#16 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

@OP

After reading a few of your posts in here.... I have some advice...
  • CHILL THE **** OUT!
  • Stop being a spaz
  • Relax, you can play other mechs while you wait

Edited by Creovex, 08 July 2014 - 04:43 AM.

#17 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

Support apparently have a bit of a backlog currently from email since clans and matchmaker were released.
Plus the Canadian holiday slowed them down even more.
So just sit tight.

As a suggestion, try both going through the Store tab, AND switching your mechlabs filter to "purchasable."
There's a chance it works in one but not the other, although i've never seen this issue myself. :)
AND make sure you're selecting CBills and when you purchase and not MC by accident, i don't know if it's possible to mess that up, but just be sure :P

Edited by Veranova, 08 July 2014 - 05:01 AM.

#18 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

View PostCreovex, on 08 July 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

@OP

After reading a few of your posts in here.... I have some advice...
  • CHILL THE **** OUT!
  • Stop being a spaz
  • Relax, you can play other mechs while you wait

Really? One frustrated post and then he owned up to his mistake? I think you're a bit late with this.

#19 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 08 July 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Really? One frustrated post and then he owned up to his mistake? I think you're a bit late with this.

Yeah, Really.
FYI - If he owned up, tell him to go fix his OP with the "edit" feature

Edited by Creovex, 08 July 2014 - 06:20 AM.

#20 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

Not to be saying the obvious, but did you check your "mechs owned" list? Maybe even click the tab marked "Medium" in your mech bay, just to double check that it is or is not there? I know after purchasing a mech my tab use to go to "Champion" for whatever reason, and if this is your first mech then you might not notice that it's on the "Champion" tab of your mechlab...

Otherwise, whatever everyone else has said basically. Canada just had a holliday as well as the weekend. I'm sure they will be able to assist you. I've heard they are really good!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users