53 replies to this topic

#21 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 08 July 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Do you think I am concerned about his feelings? Inner Sphere players can use their Omnis in the Open Que, But should leave them home when in Community Warfare.

Agreed...

Regards

#22 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 08 July 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Do you think I am concerned about his feelings? Inner Sphere players can use their Omnis in the Open Que, But should leave them home when in Community Warfare.

you might not be, that doesn't mean it's a smart business move and PGI SHOULD care about the feelings of players who are willing to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to pay their bills.

#23 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

When the clan mechs are all released for C-bills, most players will play Clan.
There is no reason whatsoever to play anything else if you have the Clan mechs available, though I guess the most powerful ones will be MC-bills only.
Another brilliant business move by PGI.

#24 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

There is no reason whatsoever to play anything else if you have the Clan mechs available, though I guess the most powerful ones will be MC-bills only.

I have all of them available. I've played the vast majority of my games in an IS mech.

#25 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostSandpit, on 08 July 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

you might not be, that doesn't mean it's a smart business move and PGI SHOULD care about the feelings of players who are willing to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to pay their bills.

Well IF I am selling a BattleTech Game That will take place in the 3050's those players would need to change factions to use the Mechs they paid for. WYSIWYG Clan Mech in 3050 is a Clan player. Don't like it... here's your money back.

#26 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostBilbo, on 08 July 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

I have all of them available. I've played the vast majority of my games in an IS mech.

Clan was just released.
I know if I had the vastly superior in every way Clan Mechs, I'd only play them.
And I bet most casual players would.
I have no relationship to the MW universe, apart from having forced myself to read a few of the horrible novellas. I want to have fun, and Stalker vs. any Clan Mech = not fun.

#27 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Clan was just released.
I know if I had the vastly superior in every way Clan Mechs, I'd only play them.

Me too. ;)

#28 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

Clan was just released.
I have no relationship to the MW universe, apart from having forced myself to read a few of the horrible novellas. I want to have fun, and Stalker vs. any Clan Mech = not fun.

Then you are doing it wrong. ;)

#29 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 08 July 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Then you are doing it wrong. ;)

I must be. If only I'd spent that money to win!
My wife would've understood.

#30 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

uhm no they won't
I won't
you can't make blanket statements like that and expect to have any credibility in what your'e saying...

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 08 July 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

Well IF I am selling a BattleTech Game That will take place in the 3050's those players would need to change factions to use the Mechs they paid for. WYSIWYG Clan Mech in 3050 is a Clan player. Don't like it... here's your money back.

You and I agree Joe, I'm just saying it's not going to happen. Those that are expecting this are in for a VERY big disappointment.

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

if you have to spend money to win here you're definitely doing it wrong

#31 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostSandpit, on 08 July 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

uhm no they won't
I won't
you can't make blanket statements like that and expect to have any credibility in what your'e saying...

Now, see this is where you make a mistake:
I won't argue with you, because it doesn't matter. I can make all the statements I want, and this one will be proven over the next few months. If you want to argue with someone, pick another target or don't sit down on the beach without underwear on. We all know the risks.

#32 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

Why would you have to buy Mechs you already own? ;)
The Stalker can be used to kill Clanners just fine! :huh:

I haven't spent money on this game in well over a year and my W/L is at 67/72 since the wipe... So How is it I can win just fine for free?

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 08 July 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#33 Perilthecat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostLuckJaw, on 08 July 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Ok yesterday with a group of 6, we had 2 games in a row that we got like 1 or 2 clan mech on our side, and on the other side, 10 the first time and 9 the second time... Of course we got steam up...

My 2 questions for you is...

Why the hell do they did not balance the group lunch with a maximum of clan mech on each side...

and 2

This is the proof to me that clan mech are way too powerfull then IS mech... I know there suppose to be like that, but like this, it's ridiculous.

SCIENCE!

You got rolled twice and they had more Clan mechs? Obviously this is PROOF that Clan > IS!

Who needs a decent sample size or controls for other factors, like your opposition just being flat out better (or luckier) than you.

Run some PUG matches and you'll see that stomps are common. In fact, 70% of the time they are stomps every time! ;P

But seriously, who are you asking? No one here definitively knows anything about what the devs are thinking. And PGI has enough sense not to slum it out here very often.

#34 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 08 July 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

Why would you have to buy Mechs you already own? ;)
The Stalker can be used to kill Clanners just fine! :huh:

Here's a situation that has happened very often:
Just spawned on Frozen City for the tenth time in a row, because gotta love the map variation, start moving up in the classic MWO tactic known as the "conga line". Clan mech appears, turns around because he sees the conga line and doesn't want to die.
I fire into his back twice, alpha strike at 250m. Clan Mech turns around, 3-5 seconds later I die. My team loses. Rinse and repeat.
Oh! How about the LRM spamming? Those lovely blue clan rockits!

No, when the next line of "premium" mechs are up for pre-order, I will buy the biggest one. Insta win.

#35 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Nonsense. Spider, Jenner, Blackjack, Jagermech are all some and a lot with AC/20 you'l still see.

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Just spawned on Frozen City for the tenth time in a row, because gotta love the map variation, start moving up in the classic MWO tactic known as the "conga line". Clan mech appears, turns around because he sees the conga line and doesn't want to die.
I fire into his back twice, alpha strike at 250m. Clan Mech turns around, 3-5 seconds later I die. My team loses. Rinse and repeat.

No, when the next line of "premium" mechs are up for pre-order, I will buy the biggest one. Insta win.

Wow, this is seriously hilarious. Alpha strike into his back is code word for "missed every shot"

Edited by Karamarka, 08 July 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#36 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostKaramarka, on 08 July 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Nonsense. Spider, Jenner, Blackjack, Jagermech are all some and a lot with AC/20 you'l still see.

Jagermech!? Haha!
Oh god. Just.. may Odin have mercy.

#37 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

If the Clanner turned and ran from a Conga line he is not a experienced player. I would kill for 10 matches on Frozen City over Mordor!

The double Alpha went into What Omni's back?

Love LRM Spam... Looks like combat! And the Blue Is awesome! ;)

Having the biggest mech does not insure victory and thinking that will leave you even more frustrated.

#38 Perilthecat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

You're funny. Your anecdote provides precious little detail, which doesn't support your opinion at all. Here is my interpretation, filling in missing details:

You are at the head of a conga line on Frozen City in your Locust. A wild Clan Daishi appears! Clan Daishi is startled and runs away. Locust uses FLAMER ALPHA, it's ineffective. Locust uses STAND STILL WITHOUT MOVING. Cland Daishi uses 2xcERPPC+2xcGAUSS, it's Super Effective!

#39 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 08 July 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

If the Clanner turned and ran from a Conga line he is not a experienced player. I would kill for 10 matches on Frozen City over Mordor!

The double Alpha went into What Omni's back?

Love LRM Spam... Looks like combat! And the Blue Is awesome! ;)

Having the biggest mech does not insure victory and thinking that will leave you even more frustrated.

I don't know what you mean.
Omni?
Well, it would seem it wasn't a new player. They never are.
Imagine this:
You spend money on a game and sit down to play. When you start the game, you must first solve a 2D-riddle screen before you can play. Then you are dropped into a game, without any weapons. All you do is lose.
The game is made so that you can only win 1 out of 10 levels.
Sounds fun?

#40 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

Now, see this is where you make a mistake:
I won't argue with you, because it doesn't matter. I can make all the statements I want, and this one will be proven over the next few months. If you want to argue with someone, pick another target or don't sit down on the beach without underwear on. We all know the risks.

uhm ok?

it's not an argument. It's pointing out that your blanket statement regarding the entire community is simply false. that's all. There's no argument to be had there. You do no and can not speak for every single one fo the thousands of other players here.

Will clan mech numbers surge when they're released? Of course they will. Just like every other single new mech released since the beginning of the game
every
one
of
them

It's because it's the only new "content" anyone has gotten in this game in a year. So of course their numbers will increase. it's silly to think otherwise.
It's just as silly to make statements like

Clan was just released.

you assume everyone else thinks clans are "superior" and that they'll use nothing besides that which has blatantly been shown to be false simply by Joe and myself stating we won't and don't.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users