Clan Vs Is

53 replies to this topic

#41 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostPerilthecat, on 08 July 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

You're funny. Your anecdote provides precious little detail, which doesn't support your opinion at all. Here is my interpretation, filling in missing details:

You are at the head of a conga line on Frozen City in your Locust. A wild Clan Daishi appears! Clan Daishi is startled and runs away. Locust uses FLAMER ALPHA, it's ineffective. Locust uses STAND STILL WITHOUT MOVING. Cland Daishi uses 2xcERPPC+2xcGAUSS, it's Super Effective!

I'm never first in line.
Why would I put in much detail? This is a regular occurence, with minor variations.
I don't particularly find your Pokémon riffing funny. Adults playing Pokémon...
I do, however, enjoy your elitist assumptions.

#42 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Here's a situation that has happened very often:
Just spawned on Frozen City for the tenth time in a row, because gotta love the map variation,

i'd be interested in seeing a screenshot of your maps played to see how you don't get map variation

#43 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Here's a situation that has happened very often:
Just spawned on Frozen City for the tenth time in a row, because gotta love the map variation, start moving up in the classic MWO tactic known as the "conga line". Clan mech appears, turns around because he sees the conga line and doesn't want to die.
I fire into his back twice, alpha strike at 250m. Clan Mech turns around, 3-5 seconds later I die. My team loses. Rinse and repeat.
Oh! How about the LRM spamming? Those lovely blue clan rockits!

No, when the next line of "premium" mechs are up for pre-order, I will buy the biggest one. Insta win.

Well, I ALSO had a match on Frozen City, in an IS assault with an XL400. Our team had 2 Clan mechs, the other team had 6.

Who do you think won?

Well, here's the scoreboard:

Posted Image

You'll notice both of the best scoring mechs were IS. In fact...every single one of the Clan mechs were outdamaged by the Spider 5K. The 4 MG spider.

And you're saying Clan mechs are OP? No, some are good mechs, but I'll wager my WubShee against any Clan mech.

Of course, with the way you're talking, I have a feeling I stand a chance against you in a Cute Fox.

Edited by Mcgral18, 08 July 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#44 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostSandpit, on 08 July 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

uhm ok?

it's not an argument. It's pointing out that your blanket statement regarding the entire community is simply false. that's all. There's no argument to be had there. You do no and can not speak for every single one fo the thousands of other players here.

Will clan mech numbers surge when they're released? Of course they will. Just like every other single new mech released since the beginning of the game
every
one
of
them

It's because it's the only new "content" anyone has gotten in this game in a year. So of course their numbers will increase. it's silly to think otherwise.
It's just as silly to make statements like
you assume everyone else thinks clans are "superior" and that they'll use nothing besides that which has blatantly been shown to be false simply by Joe and myself stating we won't and don't.

Remember: Not every player frequents the forums.
So if only the die hard fans speak here, sure, it would seem like you are spot on.
Too bad it doesn't work like that.
And how big is the playerbase? Ten thousand? Less?
I see the same faces over and over, always using the same mechs.
It has gotten to the point that a cursory glance at the team rosters will let me know if it will be a win or a loss.
But meh. Doesn't matter. ******' in the wind.

View PostMcgral18, on 08 July 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

Well, I ALSO had a match on Frozen City, in an IS assault with an XL400. Our team had 2 Clan mechs, the other team had 6.

Who do you think won?

Well, here's the scoreboard:

Posted Image

You'll notice both of the best scoring mechs were IS. In fact...every one of the Clan mechs were outdamaged by the Spider 5K. The 4 MG spider.

And you're saying Clan mechs are OP? No, some are good mechs, but I'll wager my WubShee against any Clan mech.

Of course, with the way you're talking, I have a feeling I stand a chance against you in a Cute Fox.

Oh, well.
I expect no less from the MWO community.
Do you know how the MM works? Yes! Because you are the master ninja kawaii samurai!

#45 Perilthecat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

I'm never first in line.
Why would I put in much detail? This is a regular occurence, with minor variations.
I don't particularly find your Pokémon riffing funny. Adults playing Pokémon...
I do, however, enjoy your elitist assumptions.

Lol!

So you're just making up an anecdote from pieces of matches that you've played?

What do you have against adults playing Pokemon? You're playing a video game about space robots, you don't exactly have the high ground on that one ;)

I like the part about "elitist assumptions" because it shows that you either don't know what "elitist" means or are making a lame dig at me! Classic!

You crack me up broski, please never stop!

#46 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

Oh, well.
Do you know how the MM works? Yes! Because you are the master ninja kawaii samurai!

Why don't you go ahead and tell my how the MM works?

Please educate me.

#47 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

I want to like the game. That's the problem.
I tried being nice to people, but now I don't care.
Simple lesson, You either like it or you don't. If you have to try, then you don't and you should move on.

#48 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

Remember: Not every player frequents the forums.
So if only the die hard fans speak here, sure, it would seem like you are spot on.
Too bad it doesn't work like that.
And how big is the playerbase? Ten thousand? Less?
I see the same faces over and over, always using the same mechs.
It has gotten to the point that a cursory glance at the team rosters will let me know if it will be a win or a loss.
But meh. Doesn't matter. ******' in the wind.

Oh, well.

wow

you just proved my point so thank you, also, how about that screenshot of your maps played?

#49 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

What do you expect from this? Some reactionary "balancing" before you even know the facts? The meta game has not even half settled and you already ask for change. I see the current game mode as a first test, the second step would be to divide IS and clans on different sides, which will bring out differences more clearly. Then the third step, after letting some time pass by, collect data and see how people adapt their builds, then this third step could be balancing.

#50 KAT Ayanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostLuckJaw, on 08 July 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Ok yesterday with a group of 6, we had 2 games in a row that we got like 1 or 2 clan mech on our side, and on the other side, 10 the first time and 9 the second time... Of course we got steam up...

My 2 questions for you is...

Why the hell do they did not balance the group lunch with a maximum of clan mech on each side...

and 2

This is the proof to me that clan mech are way too powerfull then IS mech... I know there suppose to be like that, but like this, it's ridiculous.

AGAIN with the same issue???

It has been proven over and over that Clan Mechs are perfectly fine!

Its the IS Mech Users that must become 2 times better than Clan Mech users in order to be on the same level!!

Lv10 IS mech users vs Lv5 Clan user = Balance.

#51 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostLuckJaw, on 08 July 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Ok yesterday with a group of 6, we had 2 games in a row that we got like 1 or 2 clan mech on our side, and on the other side, 10 the first time and 9 the second time... Of course we got steam up...

My 2 questions for you is...

Why the hell do they did not balance the group lunch with a maximum of clan mech on each side...

and 2

This is the proof to me that clan mech are way too powerful then IS mech... I know there suppose to be like that, but like this, it's ridiculous.

its simple really just too bloody complicated to do so.

On top of that i'm assuming the people like my self who bought clan packs play the snot out of this game and there for become better pilots than some one who plays casually and can't justify spending cash on pixels for a game they don't play that much,

yes generally clan mechs have a higher DPS than is mechs but once you start piloting the clankers you come to realize that the balancing measures work well with longer cool down times for weapons longer beam duration to actually do the extra damage and bloody ghost heat god i hate that shhhh....stuff

on the flip side i still have stalkers, shadow hawks and catapults to finish mastering and piloting them now (with the change in play style I've acquired through using the clan mechs) just seems easier

if i could i'd lend you one or a couple of my clan mechs and i would bet both balls that the first thing you would do is over heat and get torn apart (probably by IS mechs just for the irony)

#52 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostMAX909, on 08 July 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

on the flip side i still have stalkers, shadow hawks and catapults to finish mastering and piloting them now (with the change in play style I've acquired through using the clan mechs) just seems easier

nah, the op has already spoken for the rest of the community. He said so ;)

I'm stupid for pointing out that his blanket statement was false :huh:

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

snip

still waiting for a reply regarding your statement about lack of map variance? I'm just interested to see what your map rotation looks like

#53 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostSprechenSieSexy, on 08 July 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Keep right on asking, dude.
Parrot that ****.

so I'll take that as a no

In other words
"I made a false statement regarding map rotation and variation and when I got called out on it I'm just going to ignore it because I know if I post a screenshot of my maps played it will prove that I was just lying about it"

gotcha

#54 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

How you guys got so off topic from the OP is beyond me. Closing thread.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users