• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 10 July 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Aggressive doesnt mean suicidal. it means pushing. Jockying for a good place to shoot, not a good place to hide. It means always moving to engage, not waiting for someone else to.

Sometimes both teams play aggressive. Anecdotal one-off doesnt change what wins in pug queue. Teamwork is great but inconsistent.

You can show up to wreck face, crush dreams, carry, help lead every match.

True but some of the best matches I have had in a while was when we took up a defensive position in some of the tunnels on the maps. We set up at the exits and let the enemy come to us. Patience is not normally my thing, but it payed off with dividends that night. We told the PUGs our Plan, Executed and won 7 in a row even when the PUGs ran off and died. When they followed our lead... Awesomeness ensued.

#102 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 09 July 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

I WAS IN THAT GAME!!!!!

crimson straight? last guys left on our team was a timberwolf and a kitfox or puma right?

Tragic as it sounds, it was a different match lol. Mine was Frozen City, was a disconnected centurion and our team was a puma and something else, raven I think and one of them was legged.

#103 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 July 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

funny, since is exactly what the PUGs have been asking for, a solo only queue....

and so now you don't have the big bad premades to blame...and you still have landslide losses.

Huh. Go figure.

Before, we had pugs with alpha almost always being a premade and bravo usualy with a small premade. We wanted a solo queue and PGI listened and now we have pugs with alphas always a premade... Only now, bravo is opened to solo only and thats good news.

The most important things is that class are almost always the same now and that makes a hell of a difference. The match last longer before the tipping point of a loss and you have more time to change it to a win, i had brawl of epic proportion like never before. All in All i had a lot more fun in the solo queue.

View PostPh30nix, on 09 July 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

I WAS IN THAT GAME!!!!!

crimson straight? last guys left on our team was a timberwolf and a kitfox or puma right?

If that was ~2 weeks ago i was in that match too lol, we were like "you can do it!" at the disco LOL

Edited by DAYLEET, 10 July 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#104 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

depends on the time of day, in the evening to gone midnight when the yanks are up to swell the numbers, its usually pretty good.

My afternoon GMT it can be pretty dire, you just have to hope the MM lands you in the stompers not the stomped, and you will see the same names either in your team or the other match after match

#105 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 July 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

funny, since is exactly what the PUGs have been asking for, a solo only queue....
https://twitter.com/...252642821718016

and so now you don't have the big bad premades to blame...and you still have landslide losses.

Huh. Go figure.

Gee, that sounds familiar.

I think there were tons of us telling them and PGI alike that premades had nothing to do with their stomps and a separate queue wasn't going to stop that from happening. Some of us even predicted "i'm still getting stomped" threads. Maybe now they'll actually start looking at the underlying reasons for roflstomps now, stop blaming premades, and start making changes that will actually help mitigate that situation.

#106 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostSandpit, on 10 July 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

I think there were tons of us telling them and PGI alike that premades had nothing to do with their stomps and a separate queue wasn't going to stop that from happening. Some of us even predicted "i'm still getting stomped" threads. Maybe now they'll actually start looking at the underlying reasons for roflstomps now, stop blaming premades, and start making changes that will actually help mitigate that situation.

Short of respawns, stomps are always going to happen. Doesn't matter which queue you are in. Attrition will at some point bite you in the ass.

#107 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 10 July 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

I told them too, and now all of the group players have left me behind with them. :P

that wouldn't be an issue if PGI would allow solo players who want to, to opt into the group queue. also solves the 11man problem

#108 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostSandpit, on 10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

that wouldn't be an issue if PGI would allow solo players who want to, to opt into the group queue. also solves the 11man problem

Agreed, but according to the devs I don't know what fun is, and I would be able to have more fun dropping in the solo queue only. It would be depressing if it wasn't so dang insulting. :P

#109 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

View PostBilbo, on 10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

Short of respawns, stomps are always going to happen. Doesn't matter which queue you are in. Attrition will at some point bite you in the ass.

respawns won't stop roflstomps, it will just prolong the same outcome.
so if you had 3 respawns you'd wind up with more 36-0 games. A player who rambos in, ignores their team, and dies alone isn't going to to anything different on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th mech.

I just don't think that's the answer. It would prolong the game but not change the overall outcome.

new players need to be segregated somehow, whether that be their own queue or starting at the bottom of the elo brackets, from vets in customized mechs.
players need to understand that no matter how goo you think you are, you simply cannot and will not win in this game without using teamwork. It's not going to happen.

3/3/3/3 didn't stop or mitigate roflstomps
groups moving to group queue didn't stop or mitigate roflstomps
Elo didn't stop or mitigate roflstomps

how long does it have to continue before PGI (and the players who jumped up and down for these thigns claiming it would fix anything) wake up and realize they were wrong? Until that happens and they start entertaining other ideas on how to fix the problem you're not going to get anything different than you've had for nearly 2 years now

#110 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Do you think people skilling up mechs might have something to do with this? I plain feel sorry for the team as my poor piloting isn't helped when I am trying to skill up a new chassis that I will only pilot until Elite is unlocked.

Once people have settled into the clan mechs they plan on piloting long term things will come around again.

#111 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 10 July 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Agreed, but according to the devs I don't know what fun is, and I would be able to have more fun dropping in the solo queue only. It would be depressing if it wasn't so dang insulting. :P

it's not just the devs and PGI, there's a few players in here who say the exact same thing, PGI then clings to their statements as gospel and make decisions based on that.

I started (and I think mischief or dead did as well) a thread specifically talking about solo players wanting into the group queue. It was overwhelmingly responded to by solo players who wanted into the group queue.

View PostTed Wayz, on 10 July 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Do you think people skilling up mechs might have something to do with this? I plain feel sorry for the team as my poor piloting isn't helped when I am trying to skill up a new chassis that I will only pilot until Elite is unlocked.

Once people have settled into the clan mechs they plan on piloting long term things will come around again.

?

tactics don't change just because you get a new mech. Not having a mech mastered or elited isn't much, if any, of a factor in this. Having a little more speed, running a little cooler, isn't going to change the dynamics of the game. It's going to make your mech put out a LITTLE more damage before overheating and move a LITTLE faster across the map

#112 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Only stupid people thought stomps were due only to premades.

At the same time, dropping against Proton and Eglar or whoever in a 4 man on the opposing team when your team had no one near that quality made for a very short and predictable match.

I find the matches are not like that at all anymore, and individual skill is playing more of a part.

But yes stomps happen, sometimes you have disconnects, sometimes you have people playing new builds...sometimes you just get unlucky.

But the solo queue feels great.

#113 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostSandpit, on 10 July 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

don't get your hopes up.

First rule of people....the blame always has to lie somewhere else, and so they will simply invent a new boogeyman.

#114 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 July 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

don't get your hopes up.

First rule of people....the blame always has to lie somewhere else, and so they will simply invent a new boogeyman.

Thank goodness I am not one of the People! :P

#115 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

don't get your hopes up.

At this point, the new boogie man is 12 mans in the group queue. And scared 2-4 mans cowering in fear having been birthed from the solo queue.

I look at it this way, if I did 800 damage, got a kill or two and a few assists to boot...I did my part and if my team lost...it really doesn't mean jack and crap anyway.

#116 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

don't get your hopes up.

Oh I know they will. As of right now, after talking to some solo players I know, it apparently has become new players as the reason they're getting stomped. (Except for those still clinging to the whole "premades touched me" argument despite hard factual evidence to the contrary)

So now I can just picture the eventual line of that boogeyman. New players getting yelled at, screamed at, blamed, harassed, etc. until they don't want to play anymore due to listening to them being the "reason" their team lost.

#117 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostSandpit, on 10 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Oh I know they will. As of right now, after talking to some solo players I know, it apparently has become new players as the reason they're getting stomped. (Except for those still clinging to the whole "premades touched me" argument despite hard factual evidence to the contrary)

So now I can just picture the eventual line of that boogeyman. New players getting yelled at, screamed at, blamed, harassed, etc. until they don't want to play anymore due to listening to them being the "reason" their team lost.

Meh. New players have been getting this from the start from people who don't understand why they are constantly dropping with new guys.

#118 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostSandpit, on 10 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Well I for one know beyond a shadow of a doubt that every time I have died it was either because a new player shot me in the back, or because someone on the other team cheated. It is the only explanation for how someone of my caliber could have been defeated. :P

#119 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 10 July 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

Well I for one know beyond a shadow of a doubt that every time I have died it was either because a new player shot me in the back, or because someone on the other team cheated. It is the only explanation for how someone of my caliber could have been defeated. :P

exactly! lol

I mean I've got "31337 skillzorz", there's no way I could be beaten fair and square. It doesn't happen. If I, and my team, get taken out in a landslide and quickly then it absolutely HAS to be some other reason than "we screwed up" or "we played poorly" or "we just plain and simple got beaten by a better team". :unsure:

#120 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I've had mostly rolls and very few good matches since the MM update. I have some pretty ridiculous stats as well... It's completely broken...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users