426 replies to this topic

#261 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

And to add to my post above, even if your mech was destroyed while you were disconnected, and you reconnect, you'll get the assists for any enemy mechs you landed hits on that might be destroyed between then and the end of the match.

Dev's, here's the thing I'm not completely clear on: If your mech get's destroyed during the time you're disconnected from the match, can you rejoin? I know that sounds strange, but I could see where it would make sense if you were just spectating and wanted to see the outcome of the match, or maximize your earnings with assists.

Edited for clarity

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 14 July 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#262 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 14 July 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

And to add to my post above, even if your mech was destroyed while you were disconnected, and you reconnect, you'll get the assists for any enemy mechs you landed hits on that might be destroyed between then and the end of the match.

Dev's, here's the thing I'm not completely clear on: If your mech get's destroyed during the time you're disconnected from the match, can you rejoin?

Good question, yeah i think we need more explanation about this new function.

#263 TheGreyWolfe

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

I'd comment as well that; as proposed, this is a real Nerfing of the existing module system and Mech capabilities.

There's really no other way to look at it.

I run 2 mastered lights; one is Jenner 7-K that runs with 1 weapon module & 3 mech modules. Under the new system - I'd be able to get another weapon module (since I run 4MLs doesn't really do much) and lose two of my mech modules. The other light I run has 4 mech modules (3/4 which are just for defense) - now proposed to force it down to using only one of those at a time - making it even more of a target and less capable as a scout.

There's already been a massive defection of people from playing lights, and this will - no doubt - continue.
This change, unfortunately, will only make it worse, as there gets less reasons to play a light after they have been neutered of their defense capabilities that could be achieved through modules. Given that most lights can be taken down by one alpha by any heavy+ mech - making them easier to kill isn't the best solution.

In addition, this takes away from existing players what already has been earned through play time, and cheapens the value of the modules and the C-Bills spent on them.

Please re-consider making only one mech module available per mech - please leave it to at least 2-3 for lights; and allow the master slot to be any type of module.

Thanks.

#264 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostTheGreyWolfe, on 14 July 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

I'd comment as well that; as proposed, this is a real Nerfing of the existing module system and Mech capabilities.

There's really no other way to look at it.

I run 2 mastered lights; one is Jenner 7-K that runs with 1 weapon module & 3 mech modules. Under the new system - I'd be able to get another weapon module (since I run 4MLs doesn't really do much) and lose two of my mech modules. The other light I run has 4 mech modules (3/4 which are just for defense) - now proposed to force it down to using only one of those at a time - making it even more of a target and less capable as a scout.

There's already been a massive defection of people from playing lights, and this will - no doubt - continue.
This change, unfortunately, will only make it worse, as there gets less reasons to play a light after they have been neutered of their defense capabilities that could be achieved through modules. Given that most lights can be taken down by one alpha by any heavy+ mech - making them easier to kill isn't the best solution.

In addition, this takes away from existing players what already has been earned through play time, and cheapens the value of the modules and the C-Bills spent on them.

Please re-consider making only one mech module available per mech - please leave it to at least 2-3 for lights; and allow the master slot to be any type of module.

Thanks.

We should have a free choice!!!

#265 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostENS Puskin, on 14 July 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

This is when we start to ponder: did anyone ask for this change/was it even necessary?

I think they're trying to give us more modules, which is appreciated, but I think their ratio of weapon modules to mech modules are opposite of what they should be. I can only speak for myself, but I only ever seem to use one weapon module at a time

#266 Daehoth

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 14 July 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

Dev's, here's the thing I'm not completely clear on: If your mech get's destroyed during the time you're disconnected from the match, can you rejoin?

Hmmm...Jody Von Jedi the friendly mechwarrior ghost perhaps? :D

#267 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

If it would be possible in the future, to slip in a dc'ed mech (that stands at spawn) after the first mech you played with is down, it really would be cool. Or let dead players slip into the defence turrets on assault?
Can't be that hard to implement if they already have the system for rejoin.
Really looking for tomorrows patch =)

#268 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 14 July 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

This is when we start to ponder: did anyone ask for this change/was it even necessary?

I think they're trying to give us more modules, which is appreciated, but I think their ratio of weapon modules to mech modules are opposite of what they should be. I can only speak for myself, but I only ever seem to use one weapon module at a time

Yeah current weapon modules sucks so i do not use them and this new module system force us to use them, what an epic fail!

#269 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

Reconnecting -> Yes
Destructable elements -> Yes

Seems that this whole thing moves into the right direction.

#270 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

View PostENS Puskin, on 14 July 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

+1

Its not only about light mechs, all Mechs do need the mechmodules more then anything else.

#271 Dominatrix420

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLounging in my Dungeon Lair.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

New Maps!
CW is close!!
Rejoining a match!
New module system??
Reworked JJ system!

I like it!

Domo Arigato!!

#272 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostBattlestar3k, on 14 July 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

+1

Its not only about light mechs, all Mechs do need the mechmodules more then anything else.

Oh really? You are wrong! For example i am using the improved gyro in my Atlas and i am sure there are other people who are using different module combinations. As i said we all should have a free choice not depending on weight class or whatever.

Edited by ENS Puskin, 14 July 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#273 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

Apologies if I've missed it, but has anyone got a transcript up yet?

#274 mechbane

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

LRM buff at short range, DAFUQ PGI are you trying to drive away what tatters remain of your player base? and consumer slots on every mech holy air strike batman! I want to cry, honestly I want to cry.

#275 Oddmund

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

this video no longer works would like to watch it.

#276 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

View Postmechbane, on 14 July 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

LRM buff at short range, DAFUQ PGI are you trying to drive away what tatters remain of your player base? and consumer slots on every mech holy air strike batman! I want to cry, honestly I want to cry.

Yes, because Clan LRMs doing 25% damage at 90m instead of 100% at 1000m where AMS eats them alive is sooooo the main thing to look at. We should make it like previous mechwarrior titles where its 100% damage even at 0m. :D LRMs have the most hard counters out of any weapon system in the game. Don't like LRMs? make one of your lance mates take the ECM Kit Fox with 3 AMS and ECM. Just one of those who plays it right by staying with the big slow robots makes LRMs pretty much ineffective...

#277 Veldrinn

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

I understand consumable slots is smart from a business point of view. More slots = more free currency going out of the world = people buying MC to get stuff. But...

I am really not looking forward to having a bazillion air strikes on my team. This is going to get old fast. Some games currently get a little excessive as is but this is going to take the game into crazy town.

Please. I don't want to play AirStrike Warrrior Online.

Also, please make Weapon Modules interesting. Heat is a terrible down side to use them. You can trade off other things like range vs. damage. Rate of fire vs. crit values. Heat is difficult to manage as is for a lot of energy intensive mechs.

#278 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

Perfect.

#279 mechbane

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

LRM's at short range so whats the point of SRM's? 2 x LRM boats raining on you from a distance is bad enough now its going to be screen shake city face to face, air strikes and LRM boats for the next 6 months don't sound like fun to me. skill has nothing to do with it and neither does "team play" its just a silly idea

#280 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Besides the info about the Modules, the rest of this was good news.

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 14 July 2014 - 12:52 PM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users