40 replies to this topic

#21 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

I got 8 Atlas. All fully mastered with alot of modules slots equipped.

Any though on the refund would be great.

#22 Demuder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

I have no problem with redesigning the module system, that's up to the devs. However, if half my modules are unusable due to lack of slots, I would feel cheated out of the c-bills I've spent on them. I have full module suites for 8 mechs atm, I really hated having to switch them every time, so I spent several million c-bills to outfit each one.

#23 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 12 July 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

I think we all appreciate you looking into it, but I think part of that should be a re-evaluation of the overall module changes.

If you give me 2 + 1 (mastery) weapon module slots, I am not going to use them.

The weapon modules as they are currently implemented are quite frankly terrible. They have little/low/no value for most builds.

I do not want, nor need +5m of range on a weapon for the cost of even more heat, when heat is already a constant bottle neck for damage output.

I'm not sure if the team felt we weren't using the weapon mods because we lacked the space for them, but even if no other modules of any type existed I would not want to slot these. This needs to be either re-vamped or re-thought.

What I do want is all of the options to customize my build through the use of the passive modules - that's why I was willing to grind out the cbills and the XP to get them in the first place.

So please rethink this, it was the only sour note in an otherwise very positive vlog.

I agree but for one thing. Weapon modules have to go entirely. They can not be balanced at all, either they're completely useless (like they are right now), or they become so beneficial that newcomers are at a severe disadvantage. Weapon modules were the worst possible idea from the beginning, no doubt initiated by those greedy IGP people.

View PostRhaythe, on 12 July 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

If your build only works because of modules, I have some bad news for you...

° <---- The point

You

#24 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

View PostSarlic, on 12 July 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

I got 8 Atlas. All fully mastered with alot of modules slots equipped.

Any though on the refund would be great.

View PostDemuder, on 12 July 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

I have no problem with redesigning the module system, that's up to the devs. However, if half my modules are unusable due to lack of slots, I would feel cheated out of the c-bills I've spent on them. I have full module suites for 8 mechs atm, I really hated having to switch them every time, so I spent several million c-bills to outfit each one.

Exactly.

#25 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

I hope we're talking about an GXP refund too, as using up GXP on a module I won't be owning anyway is really wasteful too.

#26 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

View PostSandpit, on 12 July 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

I agree but I don't know if pgi will

Wait, what? What? What happened?

#27 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 12 July 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

No promises yet, but I will review this with the team and see what/if anything makes sense based on the design change. i agree with the thought in principle, if we make radical changes that alter the experience, we should offer a solution. We have done this in the past several times.

Thank you for the reply, Bryan. I appreciate it.

#28 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

Why expand the usage of weapon module slots. I've never found any use for any of them. Too much $$ for way too little benefit. I would rather trade these out for Mech Module slots. At least the Mech Modules have proven useful. If they do get taken away then I want a full C-Bill and GXP refund. The purchase price to get into the modules was very steep and should be compensated for if they simply take them all away and force us into a new system.

#29 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 12 July 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

If your build only works because of modules, I have some bad news for you...
Don't be thick. The build doesn't only work because of those modules, but up to 24 million cbills were spent buying things for that build. Sure, it'll still work with only one of those modules (though obviously not as well), that isn't the problem.

The problem is in how upwards of 18m cbills worth of modules can no longer be equipped on that build. It's like lowering the engine cap on a chassis that used to be able to equip a 400 rated engine - people who spent millions of cbills on that 400xl engine are suddenly screwed, left with a very expensive item that can no longer be used.

#30 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 12 July 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Don't be thick. The build doesn't only work because of those modules, but up to 24 million cbills were spent buying things for that build. Sure, it'll still work with only one of those modules (though obviously not as well), that isn't the problem.

The problem is in how upwards of 18m cbills worth of modules can no longer be equipped on that build. It's like lowering the engine cap on a chassis that used to be able to equip a 400 rated engine - people who spent millions of cbills on that 400xl engine are suddenly screwed, left with a very expensive item that can no longer be used.

I'd be happy with a refund. I'll just go repurchase all those modules again anyways.

#31 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

Not a fan of the proposed changes - as some builds such as light hunters/skirmishers running BAP and the Target Decay and Advanced Sensor module are going to be gutted....

Weapon modules are not liked as they are too expensive for their utility.
GXP Cost + C-Bill Cost + Heat Cost

With the current module slot set up, the Mechwarrior has to decide what he/she wants to accomplish with their mech...

Edited by Simbacca, 12 July 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#32 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

all i have to say about the module system changes:

Was that trip really necessary?

#33 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

I do not use weapon modules at all because it's not worth the price and added heat. The only consumable I use is arty (rarely) and the occasional air strike. The only purpose in grinding mastery, for me, is the extra "soon-to-be-named mech module." Sensor Range and TIG are what I use almost exclusively and I add Adv Tgt Decay or Zoom depending on the role my mech will play. I don't really need a refund if I can continue to deploy my builds as I do now, but unless they revamp the weapon modules I will not likely ever use them. I'd be a bit bummed if I can no longer use my D-DC as I have for the past 18 months. I know lots of folks dislike that the D-DC gets four slots though many of them simultaneously advocate adding a similar number to their preferred mechs.

#34 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

If weapon mods were actually not atrociously terribad, having most of our mod slots be weapon slots wouldn't be quite so bad.

#35 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostFupDup, on 12 July 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

If weapon mods were actually not atrociously terribad, having most of our mod slots be weapon slots wouldn't be quite so bad.
How can you not be in favor of .01% increased range and .000001% increase damage in exchange for 2 more heat per weapon?

#36 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostSephlock, on 12 July 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

How can you not be in favor of .01% increased range and .000001% increase damage in exchange for 2 more heat per weapon?

Between that, 1.4 DHS, ghost heat, 1s+ burn time spread damage & the perpetual state of bad that is pulse lasers sometimes I feel like the devs actively dislike energy weapons.

#37 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Between that, 1.4 DHS, ghost heat, 1s+ burn time spread damage & the perpetual state of bad that is pulse lasers sometimes I feel like the devs actively dislike energy weapons. (quote)

side note, its a little annoying that I always have favored ballistics over lasers, and the Only mech I ever used in the previous game, was a 2 gauss, erll Thor. but there is no way I'll ever get to build one like that, because of the way they set up the Clan Omni mechs, so I have lasers as my primary weapon, the exact opposite of the way I had hoped to be able to loadout the Thor... ;)

have to agree something needs to be done about the modules, I cant even remember how much GXP, and C-bills, MCs I wasted it they change the module system!!!

Edited by SgtMagor, 12 July 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#38 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

I use 4 'mechs regularly and spent lots of GXP and millions of cbills to equip each one with 3 'mech modules that will enhance their performance. If I can only use 1 'mech module per 'mech then most of those GXPs and cbills were wasted. I never waste GXP or cbills on consumables or weapon modules. Did they consult the community before making such a ridiculous change?

#39 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Wasted C-Bills? WASTED?!?
On what?
There is nothing to buy in this game except more machines and modules!
You whiners make me laugh! 50 million on modules and 100 million in an account, sitting, doing nothing.
-queue dream sequence
*give me back my imaginary c-bills so I can hoard them for...nothing...a Brand New Dropship...yeah! or perhaps a small principality on an industrial world! yeah! or gosh, something never ever thought about ever...wow*

Relax.

#40 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

I still don't see why they need to do this?

Nothing gives you more variety or diverse game play than just keeping module slots universal, but adding additional slots if PGi feels the need to.

Why should you be forced to take consumables if you don't want them and why should you be forced to take weapon modules if you don't want then etc?

If you just have 3 slots then you take whatever 3 modules SUIT YOU meaning there is a greater amount of sacrifice/balance/combination than any other system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users