Config Stole My Parts

Help Me

6 replies to this topic

#1 ImperialToast295

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

So, I was fitting my first mech with some medium lasers on the center torso, and the game soon warns me of a slot violation there (which there was not) and strips it of all parts. This included my 2 medium lasers and my STD engine 260. There is no sign of the lasers or engine anywhere, and I can't afford to re-buy them. So, where did my things go? How can I get them back? Is this an unusual occurrence?

Edited by ImperialToast295, 13 July 2014 - 01:25 AM.

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

Try saving the mech, logging out, then logging in again. Everything should be in your inventory, but bugs make it not always update immediately in the client. If that does not help, contact support. They usually provide refunds in case of known bugs messing with your stuff.

Edited by Modo44, 13 July 2014 - 01:32 AM.

#3 ImperialToast295

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

View PostModo44, on 13 July 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

Try saving the mech, logging out, then logging in again. Everything should be in your inventory, but bugs make it not always update immediately in the client. If that does not help, contact support. They usually provide refunds in case of known bugs messing with your stuff.

Thanks a lot Modo!

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

Also, try stripping the mech, saving it, switching to another mech (just to allow the mechbay interface to refresh), even trials work for this, and then switch back to your mech.

If all else fails, then contacting support about it is the best course of action.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

This bug seems to create two different saved loadouts; because the items your had the first time end up being attached to the previous loadout, they don't appear in the inventory list. As stated above, stripping/saving the mech seems to bring back all of the items.

#6 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:22 AM

I've seen that happen a few times during my cofigurations. What apparently happen is that the new loadout gets merged with the backup loadout config in case you'd cancel. This causes Violations such as overtonnage, negative leftover weapon hardpoints, multi-engines etc. All parts are there, but since the crit slots will likely be overloaded, you won't see them. Just strip some parts from the part that is suffering from this sysptom and the seemingly lost parts will move back into visible space.

#7 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

I had this happen with an engine, we can strip equipment to clear the error.

You don't lose the items, they just get sent to your Inventory, but it the item doesn't appear logging out and back in should update the list, if not contact support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users