#201 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts
  • LocationDavao City, Philippines

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:05 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 July 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Known Issues
  • Quitting on the Death Screen and rejoining may sometimes cause the player to be stuck in a static death cam upon rejoining and spectating.
  • Rejoining in front of a turret will either force the turret to be non-visible (if alive) or appear as active (if destroyed)
  • Players with limited bandwidth may be unable to rejoin a match in progress.
  • If disconnecting while targetting an enemy, that enemy will not be targetable upon rejoin until you target another enemy.
  • Component destruction VFX triggers upon rejoining a match.

Bug Fixes
  • Battlegrid now works correctly in Testing Grounds.
  • The shadow of the player's mech no longer appears cast within the cockpit.
  • Raven Cockpit Glass has had it's texture fixed.
  • Corrected a text issue where player's could highlight lance names in the Mission Summary screen.
  • Corrected a similar text issue where the "You Have Been Destroyed" text can be highlighted.
  • Fixed the Front-End activity spinner overlay from appearing behind open prompts rather than on top of.
  • Removed the overlap of the Group Chat window over the Social Drop Down Options in 1024x768 resolution.
  • Adjusted the misplaced mouse-over highlight for friend options on the Social Tab.
  • Added the mouse-over highlight for the Add Friend button on the Social Tab.
  • Convinced the MechLab to visually factor in weapon modules for Heat Management values.
  • Downsized the upper screens in the Cicada Cockpit.

I noticed in the 'Known Issues' & 'Bug Fixes' you do not mention the problem with purchasing 'Mechs from the UI. I was informed last week this would be fixed with this patch.

So my question was this accomplished?

#202 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:10 AM

View PostZolaz, on 15 July 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

lol ... you mean you are mad that an LRM 10 does 1 damage at minimum range? A LRM 20 does 2. Yes, very over powered. :ph34r:

No one cares about minimum. They care about 150, 120, 90, where IS mechs still cannot hit you.

Meanwhile the PPC still cannot do damage under 90, and NONE of the cannons have their minimum values imposed. At least the clan LRMs aren't doing full damage down to zero meters I guess.

#203 Euphor Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOz (Australia)

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

Lovin the patch.
LRMageddon again, but its just a phase... they're no better than before, worse if anything because each missile now only hits one component, so no more blanket stripping of armour.

As to the reconnect timer, think of it as a way to stop people farming effectively.
Picture this: a person drops with a mech, d/c once loaded then drops with second mech.
He has 2 minutes to find a game, d/c from it and reconnect to the first game.
The two minute timer runs for game two in this instance.

If he can continually switch between matches within that 2 minute timer, he will get rewards for both matches (albeit, only a win or loss, but for a farmer thats enough)
If the timer was longer it would make it easier, or even able to have three games going at once...

Would it perhaps be a better solution to say, have the person lose rewards for an in-progress game if the following conditions were met:
1: person was alive at the time of the disconnect.
2: another game is started with a different mech.

So, have the timer unlimited but restrict rewards to only those who fully participated in that game...

#204 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

since the this patch it has been nothing but LRM rain and clan pay to win. This game is no longer fun to play if your are IS, I will not stay around just to be your paid clan Target.

#205 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

Happy about everything but the JumpJets. Keep the cooldown stoppage, bring back the lift.

I didn't feel like mechs were "flying around the environment" before. Last year people complained about jump jets because they weren't really JUMP Jets.... they slowly lifted you off the ground, enough to maybe get over that rock you're stuck on.

Then y'all patched it and we had the Jump Jets that had a vertical thrust on the initial activation which really helped with lift; the JJ's we had pre-1.3.306 patch. I thought they were perfect. Now this.

It's not fair to mechs with hardwired jumpjets (clanners) who would rather take them off now that they aren't worth their tonnage. If I'm forced to leave my max JJ's in, you better make them worth their while plain and simple.

/end

Edited by Vrbas, 16 July 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#206 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostCavendish, on 15 July 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

60% done according to "The Plan".

That sucks if they keep it as they introduced it i think i will stop playing the game.

#207 P5YCO

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

Are we still offline? Loader keeps saying servers offline for maintenance!

#208 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostP5YCO, on 16 July 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

Are we still offline? Loader keeps saying servers offline for maintenance!

try this http://mwomercs.com/...ry-again-later/

#209 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

PGI, please we need a better explanation of LRM - SSRM pinpoint damage behavior, above all about SSRM that are only 2 !!!

#210 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

View Postskorpionet, on 16 July 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

PGI, please we need a better explanation of LRM - SSRM pinpoint damage behavior, above all about SSRM that are only 2 !!!

What do you need to know?

All this patch did was remove the (very, very small) splash damage radius that LRMs and SSRMs still had in place. About a year ago they tried to do away with splash damage, but completely removing it broke some of the code and affected missile tracking as well, so they left the splash damage radius at 5cm. Now, they've figured out how to completely remove the splash radius, so when a missile hits, 100% of its damage gets applied to the component it struck (this is what they mean by "pinpoint").

From a gameplay perspective, this will only really be noticeable on small 'Mechs with tightly packed hitboxes (such as the Spider or Commando) - and the difference should only be marginal. From a coding perspective, the change has simplified the hit-detection and damage-allocation functions, making hit detection for LRMs and SSRMs slightly better.

LRMs will still have spread, and will still hit all over your 'Mech, but each individual missile will only hit 1 component instead of splashing damage to multiple components. Streaks will still have each individual missile target a randomly selected "bone" on the 'Mech, but each missile will only damage the component it strikes instead of splashing damage to adjacent components.

Does that make sense?

Edited by DEMAX51, 16 July 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#211 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 16 July 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

What do you need to know?

All this patch did was remove the (very, very small) splash damage radius that LRMs and SSRMs still had in place. About a year ago they tried to do away with splash damage, but completely removing it broke some of the code and affected missile tracking as well, so they left the splash damage radius at 5cm. Now, they've figured out how to completely remove the splash radius, so when a missile hits, 100% of its damage gets applied to the component it struck (this is what they mean by "pinpoint").

From a gameplay perspective, this will only really be noticeable on small 'Mechs with tightly packed hitboxes (such as the Spider or Commando) - and the difference should only be marginal. From a coding perspective, the change has simplified the hit-detection and damage-allocation functions, making hit detection for LRMs and SSRMs slightly better.

And that fractional damage helped. Time to return LRMs to 1.25 damage per missile

#212 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

... well, let's be excited!

#213 Outcast1six

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEverywhere..........and Nowhere.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

I want to thank the DEV team and show my appreciation for their continued efforts in the game. I do wish that the game could closely model the Table Top that I grew up with, but I understand that it needs to be translated to an action game.

I did like a couple of the re-imagined logos, thank you for trying to freshen it up.

I like playing and I love the Battletech universe. Thank you guys.

#214 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

View Postmad kat, on 16 July 2014 - 12:59 AM, said:

I cannot load the game saying it is undergoing maintenance even though the website says online????

Also the arm toggle is about bloomin time. Being needing this for ages.

Sounds like this patch is going to make my CPLT A1 with Lrm 40's and four streaks rather nasty.

I am getting the same problem. It says the Patcher is undergoing maintenance?

#215 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostLt Badger, on 15 July 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

only about 4 LRM 15 doing about 30 dmg at 100 m, that is not a small amount against a light ;trying to eliminate enemy boat :D

no, but i can buy them then and have the same advantages :D :D

rejoin function... great, but on some maps you´ll be dead before u can rejoin, if you´re dropped into mechlab at beginning, because some drop points´re too close to enemy droppoints, especially in skirmish

you are a bit off there 4 lrm 15 thats 60 lrms or 60 damage assuming you don't have AMS at 100M you are only taking 30% so you would take 18 damage and that's spread over the body so that's 2-3 damage to each location on average and the firer would get a lot of heat especially if they use any other weapons.
after that they are still useless because the damage will be even less and that's if they can get a lock on you. worst thing would be two lrm bouts set up about 200m from each-other but you could have done that before the patch.

Edited by Frost Lord, 16 July 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#216 Gothatron

Rookie

• Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

Loving the changes, hope to see much more !!!

#217 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostFrost Lord, on 16 July 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

snip
after that they are still useless because the damage will be even less and that's if they can get a lock on you. worst thing would be two lrm bouts set up about 200m from each-other but you could have done that before the patch.

360 meters from each other. If they are 200 meters apart, you stand in the middle and neither could shoot at you.

#218 Gothatron

Rookie

• Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

i sure would like to see some more changes to the matchfinder, feeling like the 3 or 4 man premades are getting totally owned by the larger ones, battles have been very 1 sided since the changes were implemented.

Love all the patch fixes though and new implementations though

#219 Bmetranger

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

Servers are Undergoing Maintenance Please try again Later _still a Issue.

IGP/PGI response before lock of thread.
SERVERS ARE UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE Please try again later.
Daemur:
Not sure why you are getting this, but try setting google DNS with the steps here:

https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using

If the issue persists or you aren't comfortable changing the settings above please submit a ticket to support.
Try the google DNS suggestion I made above and reply here with results.
The repair shouldn't be necessary. Please try DNS first.
A reinstall wont solve the problem. Please submit a ticket and we can help you further.

It has been confirmed by other users that changing DNS corrected the issue.
t9nv3,

If you aren't willing to try the workaround please submit a ticket and we can find another way to help. It will be looked into, but in the meantime changing DNS is the simplest solution.
Trust me, it sounds more technical than it is file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png. You may enjoy some of the benefits as well, all listed in the link I provided. You can change your DNS back at any time by just un-checking the box.
A problem with the name server would indicate an issue when you set it up. Please submit a ticket and we'll help you figure it out.

Thanks

Kyle Polulak:
Remember if a Google DNS change results in a 'fix' to your problem then your ISP is to blame not us.

ISP's want to squeeze as much money out of plebeians; one way they do this is by ignoring DNS caching rules and holding onto data to serve to your computer as long as possible to save pennies here and there. They break your experience, not us.

So when we ask you to switch your DNS to fix a problem it doesn't reside on either of our ends; look to your ISP as the culprit.
Daemur:
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngCathy, on 15 July 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:
Having this glitch myself, still not able to get into the game, though I can launch, world of tanks, Aion, Ever quest 2 Swtor The Secret world but not this, so are you sure its DNS, as surely it would effect all ?

I'm sure. We are refreshing things on our end to see if it clears up, but its not to say that your DNS isnt working, only that it isn't updating with our new information.
Jon Cunningham:
For those of you *still* having problems post DNS update, hit your start button, type into the run box the letters

CMD

then in the console box that comes up, type ipconfig /flushdns

and hit enter. Let us know if that works.
Kyle Polulak:
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngkamiko kross, on 15 July 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:
Kyle, this is not really an appropriate thing to say frankly. I tried the google thing and it worked..but should I have to change DNS settings on my pc to make your game work, when EVERY other game I have works fine? Your game worked fine pre patch yet post patch I'm having to let google have a look at everywhere I go so I can log onto MWO....? My ISP didn't set out this morning to ruin my mwo experience:)

Your opinion doesn't help anything. We use DNS to issue different servers addresses to people in different geographical locations; other games tend to use multi-homed setups that do not rely on DNS they also don't allow people from Europe to play on their North American servers. Changing the DNS helps because Google's DNS respects the DNS specifications purely and will update correctly. Once you've patched you may switch your DNS back to it's original value. You computer should keep the correct addresses and cache rules from Google's DNS.

You'll notice this bug outside of MWO if you have pages that load without styles, or sometimes webpages don't load for you but would load on your phone. This happens more often in smaller populated areas with ISP struggling to share a smaller pipe with more users.
Jon Cunningham:
Order of steps to take to fix this issue:

1) Hit Start, open or type in the Run prompt the following:

CMD

type

ipconfig /flushdns

hit enter, then retry

2) Try changing your DNS provider following this guide:

https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using

3) If neither works, open a support ticket or post to the forums here with the following info:

a) who your ISP is
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image006.pngapproximate location (if you are comfortable sharing it)
c) the results of opening the command prompt and issuing this command: nslookup patcher.mwomercs.com
d) the results of tracert patcher.mwomercs.com

--------------------------
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngSLDF LawDog, on 15 July 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:
Run Verizon FIOS, Never had this issue, Live in the USA! "MERICA!"

Was there a reason yall changed protocol? Warning would have been nice...........as you can see the issues that have arisen.

We did not change protocol. We use a CDN (akamide) and have for a long time now to deliver patches and content. For whatever reason, either the CDN has failed update the content quickly enough to all possible nodes, or DNS servers have cached an incorrect IP address for our systems. Since you can publicly verify that neither our IP address has changed nor have we changed companies for CDNs....

http://whois.domaint...om/mwomercs.com
http://www.downforev...om/mwomercs.com
https://www.whatsmyd...#A/mwomercs.com

When we know what caused this - and we're not ruling out that it's something stupid we did, we don't know yet - we'll be able to talk about it and apologize if it's appropriate. But right now this bears every sign of being a limited problem caused by DNS servers not updating, or local ISPs breaking down. And our priority is getting this fixed for people, so please don't badger the support staff or the GMs. Let them help people get into the game.
Daemur:
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngAndrius, on 15 July 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:
Same here. Doing the repair tool thingie right now...

Do not run the repair tool. It will not solve the problem. Change your DNS or sit tight while we work to address the problem.
Krist Smith:
When we publish a new patch, there are a subset of files that aren't new - they're changed and require a refresh across all the CDN nodes in order for the changes to show up in all locations around the world. Sometimes (very rarely) this refresh doesn't hit all the locations for some reason. One explanation is that it's on the ISP not recognizing a change and not accepting the new version of the file into their cache, and another one is that the CDN node itself didn't get the refresh instruction. We have re-issued the refresh command and, at this point, it's highly unlikely that the same node would have skipped the instruction twice.

We aren't interested in placing blame on any one culprit, we are only interested in explaining what went wrong, fixing it, and creating a plan that avoids having to deal with it again. We aren't saying your ISP sucks or is going out of their way to prevent you from doing anything, but if a caching policy is too conservative and isn't tuned to recognize a changed file, then we are pretty much stuck for a solution (short of re-issuing the refresh command multiple times with our fingers crossed, hoping that at least one of those times the changes will be detected).

I have one particular request to anyone still having this issue - could you please specify if it's happening in the patcher or the game client? At this point, we're assuming it's in the patcher, but if that's incorrect we need to broaden our search.
Daemur:
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngAthieros, on 15 July 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:
Alas it did not work for me. I got a little further and got to the log in screen but it crashes shortly after. file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image008.png

Please submit a ticket with your crash dump as this would be a separate issue.
Kyle Polulak:
By no means in this a 'long term' solution.

This error is not caused by our code or game files; they are not broken and do not need repair.

If you guys would like to aid in our ability to pinpoint the servers in question, while your DNS settings are set where you cannot proceed with patching; please type into a CMD window: nslookup patcher.mwomercs.com and paste the output here. These are Akamai nodes serving patch content. For an added bonus you can see the different results between your ISP's provided DNS servers and Google's.
Krist Smith:
Athieros, on 15 July 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:
Alas it did not work for me. I got a little further and got to the log in screen but it crashes shortly after. file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image008.png

Wow, that's gotta be something else altogether. Is it possible you're having this issue?
http://mwomercs.com/...-nothing-works/
(Hint: if you're not running Windows 8.1, then this is something else)
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngLobotomite, on 15 July 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:
Well the patcher doesnt even start for me. It's prior to it loading completely. It just displays the MWO logo and after that the error panel. That's about it. No patcher window with server status and play button at all.

That would be the bootstrap patcher. Essentially the same thing (and, specifically, none of the code around this has changed in almost a year in either patcher).
Kyle Polulak:
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngthunderswamp, on 15 July 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:
here is the dns look up Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. Non-authoritative answer: DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. Name: a1982.d.akamai.net Addresses: 23.212.52.11 23.212.52.35 Aliases: patcher.mwomercs.com patcher.mwomercs.com.edgesuite.net

file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngAndrius, on 15 July 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:
C:\Users\Andrius>nslookup patcher.mwomercs.com DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. Server: UnKnown Address: 192.168.1.254 DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. Non-authoritative answer: Name: a1982.d.akamai.net Addresses: 23.212.109.168 23.212.109.138 Aliases: patcher.mwomercs.com patcher.mwomercs.com.edgesuite.net

From your results, your DNS is provided by your router/modem that your ISP has provided to you. If you could, try rebooting your router and see if that clears it's internal cache.
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngt9nv3, on 15 July 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:
This is what I get when I run the CMD line Location....Canada Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. >nslookup patcher.mwomercs.com DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. Server: UnKnown Address: 64.71.255.204 DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. *** Request to UnKnown timed-out

As for you, your ISP is the literally the worst ISP on the planet, their DNS servers are the worlds worst; second only to Bell Canada's DNS servers back in the Sympatico days....ugh.

If Rogers is not resolving our domain at all, that is their problem entirely. We have world wide propegation of our records and externally your DNS server resolves correctly. I would suggest rebooting your computer/router and hope Rogers is kind enough to give you something nearly called Internet Access.
Cyphersphere, on 15 July 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:
"There was an error while connecting: Unable to connect to the remote server Would you like to retry?"
  • I use google DNS by default.
  • FlushDNS did not help.
  • Computer restart did not help.
  • Using a VPN to connect to various locations across the US and Canada did not work.

Just to confirm, this is in the patcher; correct?
Krist Smith:
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngmechbane, on 15 July 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:
I changed the DNS to google to patch the game and I was able to play, but after the change I changezzd back to my paid DNS and now I get the same error on the launcher (launcher wont even open) I change back to google and I can play. (I.m in UK)
im not happy using google and im not sure why I need to I have never seen this before in all the online games iv played and MWO was fine until this patch, come on guys you messed up didn't you?

Nope, as previously stated the code around this detection hasn't changed in almost a year. Of course, it will after this. Adding more cache busters.
Kyle Polulak:
That's another issue as well, if your system is trying to get the AAAA record for the patcher or your connection is routing through an IPv6 tunnel; this could be a problem. We've also seen connection issues with 4-to-6 tunnels as well.
Lobotomite, on 15 July 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

Guess what, I'm running mine.

Just tried with IPv6 disabled so it had to use IPv4. Same results. No luck.

BTW since I'm constantly trying (Premium time running, ahem) I got it one time as far that the patcher window showed up but it got stuck and displayed the RSS feed error, stating again that it can't connect to the rermote server. Perhaps that info helps somehow.

Can you try a traceroute to both patcher.mwomercs.com and static.mwomercs.com?

I am starting to wonder if your issue is far beyond DNS and more into connection issues. You can connect to our Toronto datacenter; which drives this forum. But Static/Patcher come from our geo-placed nodes.
UK ISP's, especially BT are notorious for over taxing their networks. Look at BT's spectacular mobile internet speeds. In Essex, they had an issue were mobile users were throttling DSL users in the area because they over taxed their uplinks in that area.
Lobotomite, on 15 July 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

And how exactly would I do that? I have no clue please help me. Just tell me what to type in the commandline and I will try.

tracert patcher.mwomercs.com
tracert static.mwomercs.com
I have put in a request for a GLOBAL CACHE DESTRUCTION pass. Love that name.

It'll take 30-40 minutes to propagate to thousands of servers worldwide and I'll let you know when it thinks it is complete.
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngLobotomite, on 15 July 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:
OK, at first thanks for the quick response. Problem is I'm german as well as the text listed, heh. Well I'll try. When checkin patcher.mwomercs.com it checks five times and then it connects in 31 ms. 2nd til 4th attempt are timeout requests. And it traces the route to a1982.d.akamai.net (80.157.170.59). When checkin static.mwomercs.com it checks also five times and then it connects in 26ms. 2nd til 4th attempt are timeout requests as well. And it traces the route to e5782.g.akamaiedge.net (23.53.214.185). Do you need anymore info?

That's okay, I can read and understand enough German to read a traceroute output. Can you please paste it in it's full output. You don't need to hide any IP addresses as anything private is private networks and anything public is public.
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngLobotomite, on 15 July 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:
c:\tracert patcher.mwomercs.com Routenverfolgung zu a1982.d.akamai.net [80.157.170.59] über maximal 30 Abschnitte: 1 <1ms <1ms <1ms 192.168.2.1 2 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung. 3 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung. 4 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung. 5 31ms 31ms 31ms 80.157.170.59 Ablaufverfolgung beendet. c:\tracert static.mwomercs.com Routenverfolgung zu e5782.g.akamaiedge.net [23.53.214.185] über maximal 30 Abschnitte: 1 <1ms <1ms <1ms 192.168.2.1 2 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung. 3 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung. 4 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung. 5 26ms 26ms 26ms a23-53-214-185.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [23.53.214.185] Ablaufverfolgung beendet. Had to type that manually since copy/paste doesn't work. I think. No, after typing all that I hope.

Wow, I commend you for typing this all out. Currently that means your requests are timing out. This isn't something we can fix from here. There is a connection issue between your router and Akamai's nodes. This is very odd.

I am wondering if your home router has parental/security controls enabled that is causing this...
Saxie, on 15 July 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:
Here's MY opinion What you said was correct, however you said it such a way thats just wrong.... You are kinda representing PGI as a whole. Responses like this are the ones that get quoted on and on by Twitter and Reddit. Telling someone else that their ISP is the worst on the planet, as if they have a choice, is short sighted and unwise.
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngM1Combat, on 15 July 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:
Ehhh... Kyle... You might want to think about what you post before you post it. You're sounding like a jerk. What you're saying is correct... but just say it nicely file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png. Don't ever say "It's not our fault it's yours" even when it isn't.

It's funny because I never said it was anyone else's fault but the location were most of the blame resides. I am not here to win a friendship contest. I am here to make sure that this issue get's solved and that it's pinpointed.
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngSaxie, on 15 July 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:
Please don't let his idea fall on deaf ears....

His idea is great, but the resolving of addresses is not the issue. Let's stick to the issue at hand.
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngLobotomite, on 15 July 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:
Not that I'm aware of. Prior to todays MWO maintenance period I never had issues in general. EDIT: Google says it doesn't have parental control.

Hrm, this is an hugely odd one. Are you able to try on another computer entirely? If not you'll have to email support@mwomercs.com for other steps. I can't be of much use if you can't connect at all.

If you were somehow able to bypass the house router or computer and see if we can eliminate the problem area. Your traffic to our patch servers ends before it even leaves your home; this is why I am so confused.
Alright, I have a small utility here to help us diagnose further issues:

Click here: http://t1.re

Then copy and paste the output; only if you are still having issues!

Please click on Test Speed before copying and pasting.
alanely, on 15 July 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:
ID: 8T2X4K

file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngJabilo, on 15 July 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:
ID: 4H6T3S

file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngIIIuminaughty, on 15 July 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:
ID: 5W4F8F

Thank you gentlemen, I have put forward requests to have your connections traced to see if you are indeed getting incorrect content.
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngJabilo, on 15 July 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:
Thanks very much Kyle.

It is midnight here so I am turning in.

I have no doubt you will resolve the issue and I look forward to trying the new patch tomorrow.

G'night.

Cheers, please let me know personally if you still have problems tomorrow.
Lobotomite, on 15 July 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:
ID:2Q8G9S

I'm sorry I don't have these possibilities. And I did already sent a mail to the support, thanks for the suggestion though.

It's okay, I have escalated your case with our CDN and IP providers to see if we can't figure out exactly the root cause of your specific issue.
So far it's limiting itself to Verizon in US and Virgin in the UK. We're still investigating the issue, but it seems that if you had issues and you were not on Virgin and Verizon then you should be fine now.
Lobotomite, on 15 July 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:
Just got an additional error message from .NET Framework:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat 62.159.74.97:80
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at PatchUtil.Downloader.GetRemoteMD5Hash(String a_downloadUrl)
at Patcher.GamePatcherForm.startPatching()
at Patcher.GamePatcherForm.buttonPatchPlay_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

You're getting a little closer. Looks like you're actually downloading the patch but it's failing to download the MD5 hash (which is just used for validation). Did you uninstall/reinstall? (If you didn't, please don't - it would only set you back even further) Oops, wrong section of code. It is farther along, for sure, but it hasn't actually downloaded the patch yet. And I can see that you didn't uninstall/reinstall by the section of code that's being hit.
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngBulvar Jorgensson, on 15 July 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:
ID: 5S8N5V
Date: Tue Jul 15 23:59:29 2014
DNS IP: 77.96.4.65 (GB) (AS5089 Virgin Media Limited)
Client IP: 92.233.170.205 (GB) (AS5462 Virgin Media Limited)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
Cookies: no

Edge IP: 88.221.87.147 88.221.87.143
Latency: 23ms
Speed: 1647.8Mbps

I do not have a clue how to do the Google DNS thingy, I tried it and it failed. I understand about as much about setting these kind of things up as...

Switch on pc----Check
Click MWO icon----Check

OMFG it is not working WTF-----Check

Sit staring at screen thinking were the heck are my kids when I need them????

Then realising ooh well I guess some Mech pilots get a break tonight from me Ripping them on the battlefield.

Oh and if possible could you fix something by later today as I would like to put a few inner-sphere mechs on the scrapheap.

Try a good old fashioned reboot of your computer and router; this has solves certain issues.
Krist Smith:
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngKell Commander, on 15 July 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:
I am currently having this issue with Verizon Fios in Massachusetts. I'm waiting for an opportunity to cycle my router without interrupting siblings who still have to work. The router cycle should work after my brother guided me to the nslookup for the mwo patcher.

I don't wanna make light of your situation....but a router cycle sounds rad. Wifi on the go! Bet they'd love you at bike raves. Online presence everywhere.
Kyle Polulak:
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngWarGanisM, on 15 July 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

They havn't broken anything, DNS issues are an internet related issue. It's like a company releasing a new product, which you ordered, and the mail company screws up.

Correct, and we have thousands of users in game and playing. We were able to see that it's something with Verizon and Virgin nodes; I'm working with them to get a resolution to this issue once and for all.
thunderswamp, on 15 July 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:
just for s &amp; g i tried patching the test server and it works fine but still a no go for the main client

for s & g go into Internet Explorer and clear it's cache...
Krist Smith:
Just so we're all on the same page, please bear in mind that doing a power cycle on your router kinda requires that you also shut down your computer (and also your modem if it's not the same device as your router). To be absolutely sure everything resets:
  • Power down your computer
  • Unplug your modem (and router, if that's a separate device)
  • Wait 1 minute
  • Plug in your modem (wait until the lights indicate it's online)
  • Plug in your router (again, this is only required if it's a separate device, and, again, wait for it to come online)
  • Once everything above is back online, then power up your computer again.
I'm not implying anyone is doing this wrong, or that it's the "be all/end all" solution, but when I've had internet issues in the past, this full process is what got me back up and running (at least whenever that was possible). Even if it doesn't work, it's always good to do a full reset every now and then.
Kyle Polulak:
Belphegore, on 15 July 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\DG&gt;nslookup patcher.mwomercs.com
Server: cache1.service.virginmedia.net
Address: 194.168.4.100

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: a1982.d.akamai.net
Addresses: 23.63.98.18
Aliases: patcher.mwomercs.com
patcher.mwomercs.com.edgesuite.net

C:\Users\DG&gt;tracert patcher.mwomercs.com

Tracing route to a1982.d.akamai.net [62.252.168.67]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 6 ms 6 ms 5 ms 10.97.148.1
2 5 ms 6 ms 5 ms gate-core-2a-ae6-608.network.virginmedia.net [80
.0.145.17]
3 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms leed-bb-1c-ae7-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.10
5.159.165]
4 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms seac-icdn-1-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.25
3.174.230]
5 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms m67-mp1-cvx1b.lan.ntl.com [62.252.168.67]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\DG&gt;tracert static.mwomercs.com

Tracing route to e5782.g.akamaiedge.net [2.17.26.41]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 8 ms 7 ms 6 ms 10.97.148.1
2 6 ms 6 ms 5 ms gate-core-2b-ae6-709.network.virginmedia.net [80
.0.145.149]
3 16 ms 14 ms 14 ms manc-bb-1c-ae10-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.1
05.159.169]
4 19 ms 20 ms 18 ms manc-bb-2a-ae2-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254
.42.113]
5 15 ms 14 ms 21 ms manc-bb-1d-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254
.42.118]
6 14 ms 14 ms 20 ms tcma-ic-2-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.
174.178]
7 14 ms 17 ms 15 ms 170-14-250-212.static.virginm.net [212.250.14.17
0]
8 15 ms 13 ms 16 ms 2.17.26.41

Trace complete.

If you look carefully, the Virgin's DNS servers say to hit 23.63.98.18, which is owned by Akamai (our CDN), HOWEVER if you look at your traceroute to the patcher, it final IP it hits is 62.252.168.67 which is owned by Virgin Media Ltd and not Akamai. So Virgin's servers is responding to patcher.mwomercs.com.
Krist Smith:
file:///C:\Users\BMETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngBulvar Jorgensson, on 15 July 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:
Ahh the good old switch it off and back on again Solution. I know this is going to sound kind of mean but....do you not think I have tried doing that at least a dozen times over the course of this evening. I shall wait until one of my tech savvy kids turns up tomorrow and try the Google work round, with the hope PGI and Virgin media can work out what the heck the issue is before I log back in. In the mean time....I wonder if my premium time has been frozen (muhahahahah, not)

No, I'm not underestimating anyone, I just wanted to be explicitly clear that power cycling your router without turning off your computer sometimes doesn't do the trick (I've been through that myself). Sorry if I came across as condescending, but if there's anyone that benefits from the abundance of instruction, then it's worth it.
Kyle Polulak:
We're still investigating heavily. Locking this thread to prevent flaming.

Remember:
  • No IP's were changed by us.
  • No Patcher Updates were done by us.
  • This issues is no longer isolated to specific ISP's.
  • Hard resets of ISP provided Modem/Router combo hardware has ~35% success rate
  • Google DNS/OpenDNS has a ~75% success rate (We are not happy that this solves the issue)
  • We have no reliable way to diagnose residential DNS resolving errors from a distance.
  • Our CDN provider uses DNS to issue IP's to servers as close as possible to our fans.
  • We will refund lost Active Premium time on a case-by-case basis with our support team.

#220 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

What precisely is the point of that unedited wall of text?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users