48 replies to this topic

#21 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

That thread/vote/poll got started 3 patches ago when it was an issue... still an issue... go vote. Otherwise... we can debate all we want here for nothing but a waste of energy.

#22 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

I know it's been said before that these trial mech's in our mech bay are an eyesore and should be removed. It doesn't look like they are being removed but are rather MULTIPLYING. How about a compromise PGI:

When a person buys a trial mech for Cbills or MC, that trial mech should be OBLITERATED off the face of the mech-bay, never to be seen again!!!!!!!!!!!

Think carefully about this PGI.. this suggestion offers ADDITIONAL incentive for gamers to purchase mechs by knowing the trial mech equivalent will be removed from their mech-bay! Besides, having a trial mech show up when it is already owned is a waste of space, doesn't make sense and just serves to annoy your paying customers.

Anyone support this idea or have suggestions to make it better?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 22 July 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#23 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 15 July 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Better yet... EVERYONE go here and vote on the POLL for Hiding/Filtering Trial Mechs :)

PGI pay about as much attention to polls as they do the weather....

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 22 July 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

I know it's been said before that these trial mech's in our mech bay are an eyesore and should be removed. It doesn't look like they are being removed but are rather MULTIPLYING. How about a compromise PGI:

When a person buys a trial mech for Cbills or MC, that trial mech should be OBLITERATED off the face of the mech-bay, never to be seen again!!!!!!!!!!!

Think carefully about this PGI.. this suggestion offers ADDITIONAL incentive for gamers to purchase mechs by knowing the trial mech equivalent will be removed from their mech-bay! Besides, having a trial mech show up when it is already owned is a waste of space, doesn't make sense and just serves to annoy your paying customers.

Anyone support this idea or have suggestions to make it better?

The trials showing is just a money making thing.

TBH, if you spend real money on a trial champion you're a fool.....

#24 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostGlycerineOxide, on 22 July 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

PGI pay about as much attention to polls as they do the weather....

The trials showing is just a money making thing.

TBH, if you spend real money on a trial champion you're a fool.....

Ya you're right. For the same reason 'free' apps are free, because of the adverts, MWO is free and wants to advertise its wares. They aren't going away! So why not reward people who buy them with this added bonus of removing them? Do you not see how my solution makes sense?

So again I ask, what is wrong with my compromise solution?

PS. I don't understand one thing, why are you a ''fool'' for buying a trial mech? Many of my favourite mechs turned out to be champion purchases. If money is tight, wait for the sales!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 22 July 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#25 Mithos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 22 July 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

So again I ask, what is wrong with my compromise solution?

Imo, it is wrong on the fundamental level - you suggest people to buy things they don't want to use.

I am not a dedicated free player, i am willing to invest money to the game - but i am willing to give my money for the mech's i wanna ride, not for the mech's i don't wanna see. This is my image of a free to play game.

If you open a screenshot of my mechlab in a first post of this topic, you'll see a lot of purchased mech bays, some hero variants of my favored chasises, founders thingie - this is how i am willing to support this game. You won't see any bought champions though, cuz i am not interested in them and not willing to pay money for them. So i can't see how your suggestion is a compromise for me.

And i am still not convinced all this trial crap is an advertise. Still looks like an interface bug or unfinished work for me.

#26 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostMithos, on 22 July 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

Imo, it is wrong on the fundamental level - you suggest people to buy things they don't want to use.

I am not a dedicated free player, i am willing to invest money to the game - but i am willing to give my money for the mech's i wanna ride, not for the mech's i don't wanna see. This is my image of a free to play game.

If you open a screenshot of my mechlab in a first post of this topic, you'll see a lot of purchased mech bays, some hero variants of my favored chasises, founders thingie - this is how i am willing to support this game. You won't see any bought champions though, cuz i am not interested in them and not willing to pay money for them. So i can't see how your suggestion is a compromise for me.

And i am still not convinced all this trial crap is an advertise. Still looks like an interface bug or unfinished work for me.

It's obvious why PGI is putting them up there.. MONEY. We've been complaining about these trial mechs long before we had to see 12 of them flood our mech bays. They've had many opportunities to remove them with every patch that made adjustments to the filters.

Thankfully this game ISN'T play-to-win and these trial mechs are part of the reason for this (and no, Clan mechs aren't pay-to-win, they go down almost, if not just as easy as IS mechs). They can't straight out admit it but it's about MONEY. So we should probably get used to them. I don't know what else to suggest. A boycott of the game? My suggestion at least is close to a COMPROMISE.

Another suggestion I made long-ago was to grant the ability to filter out trial mechs once a player reaches the $150 donation mark. This shows that the user is a loyal fan of the game and doesn't need to be fed adverts to spend money. It also gives more incentive to give real money towards the game we all love.

Do you have any suggestions other than a filter?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 22 July 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#27 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

View Postdaemur, on 15 July 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

They appear in the "Owned" tab because you have use of them. Currently this isn't a bug.

Thanks

You are dead wrong! I play only with my own mechs and i have the same problem.

#28 Mithos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 22 July 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

They can't straight out admit it but it's about MONEY. So we should probably get used to them.

We should not. They are unpleasant.

I don't know what else to suggest. A boycott of the game?

Boycott is childish and i feel i'll punish myself more than anyone else by doing it. Another option close to boycott is refusing to invest money untill trials are removed - but again, what if i'll need more mechbays or a hero mech i really-really want comes to store? And what is worse, it can backfire in a long term - we are trying to improve the game, not to shut it down due insufficient fonds.

My suggestion at least is close to a COMPROMISE.

Nah, it is close to submitting to extortion.
Filter is a compromise - trials are shown to new players and are tempting to buy, and once a player decides he doesn't need them - voila, they are hidden.

Do you have any suggestions other than a filter?

Disposing of trials completely? Works just fine for me, but there are lot of people who uses them, and new players case again. So, lets stick with a filter, it can satisfy everyones needs just fine.

#29 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

How about adding a "Playable" and "Trial" filters to mechlab. Playable = trial + owned should be the default filter, but once a player changes to "Owned" it should stay that way.

#30 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostMithos, on 22 July 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

Disposing of trials completely? Works just fine for me, but there are lot of people who uses them, and new players case again. So, lets stick with a filter, it can satisfy everyones needs just fine.

All your points are valid but you aren't seeing the big picture. THEY ARE NOT GOING AWAY. This game is free and, whether you like it or not, PGI wants/has to push its wares. Your solution has been offered many, many, MANY times before to no avail, in fact they MULTIPLIED instead.

Money talks and my other solution of filtering them out once you hit a certain 'donation' amount is the best one. What do you think of this solution and what amount would you set it at?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 23 July 2014 - 05:41 AM.

#31 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

I for one, would like a filter. I have no need to look at the meta victor I despise. Though, we would all be less annoyed if your skills applied to a trial mech you actually levelled up. Less of a burden had you used one in a match. For me the Catapults,Jenners,Hunchbacks,Trenchbuckets, Onions,Atlas'sssss, Cataphracts,Stalkers. Why punish me for having used a trial if you have it in my "inventory".

Edited by HammerMaster, 23 July 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#32 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 23 July 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

I for one, would like a filter. I have no need to look at the meta victor I despise. Though, we would all be less annoyed if your skills applied to a trial mech you actually levelled up. Less of a burden had you used one in a match. For me the Catapults,Jenners,Hunchbacks,Trenchbuckets, Onions,Atlas'sssss, Cataphracts,Stalkers. Why punish me for having used a trial if you have it in my "inventory".

Hasn't the bay turned so UGLY since they added 12 trial mechs and that horrible red SLASH across all the mechs that have no engine? I cringe a little every time I log in and see all that ugliness! They could have been more discreet than using a huge red slash, like a corner painted RED for invalid loadout, and a corner painted GREEN for valid.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 23 July 2014 - 07:01 AM.

#33 Mithos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 23 July 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

Money talks and my other solution of filtering them out once you hit a certain 'donation' amount is the best one. What do you think of this solution and what amount would you set it at?

I have thought very hard about it, and here is my verdict: while being clearly inferior to filter, it is much better than compel people to buy trials they don't wanna ride. BUT! 150 bucks is too pricy and blows the whole micro-transaction way of free to play games. So, what can we do to divide this sum to tempting micro-transactions? Throw in other premium features!

This is an alpha version of donator perks tree i am proud to introduce (the prices and positions are subjects to discuss, ofcourse):

Basic tier:
Remove extra confiramtions when saving loadouts: $5
Move "community" button to top: $5
Move "select match type" to current "choose desired game modes": $10

Elite tier:
Unlock ability to hide trials: $15
Unlock ability to select favorites: $15
Unlock ability to search for parts: $25
Unlock ability to search for modules: $25

Master tier:
Unlock ability to save loadouts: $50

Hey, we are already at 150 bucks mark and i didn't even opened a feature suggestions forum! I am pretty damn sure we can find more sweet perks for donators there. The potential of this system is unmeasurable! With this we can even reach a point when UI will surpass a legendary 1.x in usability!

#34 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostNarnia, on 15 July 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Seeing as you own the rights to use trial mechs, I think it still fits :)

This is quite ignorant considering the flood off "Remove trial mechs from owned tab" threads

#35 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

Whoever came up with the brilliant "idea" to allow PGI to get more money through "donations" to filter stuff in the UI needs to go back to school... preferably 1st grade. That's a ******* horrible idea. If they do this, they might as well partner up with Facebook and it's stupid micro-transactions and just let the game become a hacked up Pay2Win like all other FB games. They charge enough as it is for things in-game... you want to add more to that for them? :)

Edited by Grendel408, 23 July 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#36 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostMithos, on 23 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

I have thought very hard about it, and here is my verdict: while being clearly inferior to filter, it is much better than compel people to buy trials they don't wanna ride. BUT! 150 bucks is too pricy and blows the whole micro-transaction way of free to play games. So, what can we do to divide this sum to tempting micro-transactions? Throw in other premium features!

This is an alpha version of donator perks tree i am proud to introduce (the prices and positions are subjects to discuss, ofcourse):

Basic tier:

Elite tier:

Master tier:

Hey, we are already at 150 bucks mark and i didn't even opened a feature suggestions forum! I am pretty damn sure we can find more sweet perks for donators there. The potential of this system is unmeasurable! With this we can even reach a point when UI will surpass a legendary 1.x in usability!

I like where you're headed with this. It adds a whole new dimension and incentive to paying real money. It's actually FUN!

Maybe instead of automatically being implemented, you can 'shop' for what features you want activated when you donate.. it's like you're eliting the UI as if it's a mech!.. Me LIKEY!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 23 July 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#37 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

Basic tier:

Elite tier:

Master tier:

this will bring more hostility and for good reason.

#38 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 24 July 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

this will bring more hostility and for good reason.

I would rather have THIS than NOTHING. Money talks.. If they think it will bring in more cash they will implement these features.. otherwise they will be left at the bottom of the to-do list.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 July 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#39 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 July 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

I would rather have THIS than NOTHING. Money talks.. If they think it will bring in more cash they will implement these features.. otherwise they will be left at the bottom of the to-do list.

Now we have hate for the dirty mechlab, if they do this we will also have to deal with hate between players. I vote for less hate.

#40 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 July 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

No... flat out... NO. **** that. You sure need to back up and think about this ludicrous idea you and Mithos have. You really think players want to spend money for this crap below? Hell no... that will only cause division and PGI will lose it's client base. What kind of business model are you trying to envision for them? Not everyone is made of money or wanting to put money into the game... I've dropped hundreds so far, but I've seen people leave for the smallest of changes to the game, this would be like sealing the game inside a tomb and locked away for antiquity. Seriously... you two got some screw-ball ideas.

Basic tier:

Elite tier:

Master tier:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users