• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Really they are releasing the Warhawk before the Dire Wolf??? That's seems wrong. ;)

#282 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 27 July 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

I am playing in a combat engine. The game has yet to be released. If you think you are playing a game then you sir are the twit.

Well mate, people have been awarded all sorts prizes for winning tournaments awarded by PGI, besides PGI has stated this is a game they even had a launch, did you not hear about it? So all evidence points to this being a game where Coin and experience is awarded for playing. Just because you consider it not a game doesnt make it so, i mean just ask PGI.
BTW i to believe this game is nothing more than a barely passable Beta, but thats beside the point.

#283 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 27 July 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

No, pay to win indicates something that you could only get through real cash that will never be available for in game currency.

is gained through payment of Real World currency.
is gained through playing the game (or I guess you can buy it, its an option)

You can purchase the Clan mechs in a pack using Real World currency to play them right now if you like, or you can wait until they are available for or at a later date as indicated below:

Posted Image

Either way, you can have the opportunity to use these Clan Mechs whether you pay Real World currency or not. Technically you don't have to pay a single dime and can still end up being able to use Clan Mechs... you just have to wait for now.

Long story short, no it is not pay to win.

I cant buy them for CB, i just had a look, nope cant do it, so they are P2W right now arent they....

#284 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 27 July 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Well mate, people have been awarded all sorts prizes for winning tournaments awarded by PGI, besides PGI has stated this is a game they even had a launch, did you not hear about it? So all evidence points to this being a game where Coin and experience is awarded for playing. Just because you consider it not a game doesnt make it so, i mean just ask PGI.
BTW i to believe this game is nothing more than a barely passable Beta, but thats beside the point.

Yeah well the Tournies were individual games, but more of a data collecting tool for many of them, And it is a barely passable Beta. Until I see contracts for Mercs, and loyalty points, and maps, we are not playing BattleTech/MechWarrior game. If all you are looking for is cash and XP then you have it. If you want a real game, you will have to wait.

I am not lowering my standards as to what I will call a game.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 27 July 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#285 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 27 July 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

No, pay to win indicates something that you could only get through real cash that will never be available IS NOT AVAILABLE CURRENTLY for in game currency.

Fixed.

#286 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 27 July 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Yeah well the Tournies were individual games, but more of a data collecting tool for many of them, And it is a barely passable Beta. Until I see contracts for Mercs, and loyalty points, and maps, we are not playing BattleTech/MechWarrior game. If all you are looking for is cash and XP then you have it. If you want a real game, you will have to wait.

I am not lowering my standards as to what I will call a game.

Brother im in day 10 of 14, i told a mate i would play for a couple of weeks to see how things were going cause he bought a Clan pack (BTW he offered to gift me a pack, i refused).
Its been really hard for me to play this thing they call a game, its just so below the standard of game i prefer to play.
4 days to go of pulling my hair out and tolerating this shite.

#287 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 27 July 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

hey because you folks have low standards for what constitutes a game does not put the onus on me for being a twit! If you are good with playing one of 3 matches for no more reward than cash and credit... fine, but I am here for the real game, and still waiting patiently for the day it is released.

So... you're here for mechwarrior 5 wanting to fight the big battles from lore? Unless they've said otherwise (I don't follow the twitter), the game will consist of border planet skirmishes without any real risk to whatever faction you're a part of and even as a Merc Corp. It would be interesting if the Inner Sphere would break from lore... more.... and make everything but the core worlds up for grabs with the occasional reset (or not). And if this planetary gameplay is indeed what is being tossed around, well then things will get interesting.

Maybe we'll even have clan vs IS down the road.... one can dream...

#288 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 27 July 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Brother im in day 10 of 14, i told a mate i would play for a couple of weeks to see how things were going cause he bought a Clan pack (BTW he offered to gift me a pack, i refused).
Its been really hard for me to play this thing they call a game, its just so below the standard of game i prefer to play.
4 days to go of pulling my hair out and tolerating this shite.

Going on 3 years for me... Talk to me about pulling out hair pal!!!
Posted Image

View PostMadcatX, on 27 July 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

So... you're here for mechwarrior 5 wanting to fight the big battles from lore? Unless they've said otherwise (I don't follow the twitter), the game will consist of border planet skirmishes without any real risk to whatever faction you're a part of and even as a Merc Corp. It would be interesting if the Inner Sphere would break from lore... more.... and make everything but the core worlds up for grabs with the occasional reset (or not). And if this planetary gameplay is indeed what is being tossed around, well then things will get interesting.

Maybe we'll even have clan vs IS down the road.... one can dream...

Yes the game WILL consist of those things you mentioned...do we have them now???

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 27 July 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#289 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 27 July 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

Going on 3 years for me... Talk to me about pulling out hair pal!!!
Posted Image

Yes the game WILL consist of those things you mentioned...do we them now???

Is that a pic of you Jo? if so i got more white hair than you bro.. and lots more on top but its mostly white..
BTW, i had only commited to a 325I package till i started playing MWO again, now im adding a Constellation..

Edited by N0MAD, 27 July 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#290 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 27 July 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Is that a pic of you Jo? if so i got more white hair than you bro.. and lots more on top but its mostly white..
BTW, i had only commited to a 325I package till i started playing MWO again, now im adding a Constellation..

Yeah, thats me... I was getting pretty white on top as well. Instead of dying like my wife wanted I opted for the chrome finish! ;)

#291 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 27 July 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

I cant buy them for CB, i just had a look, nope cant do it, so they are P2W right now arent they....

You are bastardizing what P2W means, so no your fallacy is incorrect.

#292 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 27 July 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is...

#293 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 27 July 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is...

As are you.

#294 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 27 July 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

You are incorrect in your belief that future states change whether a game is p2w today.

#295 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

So if a game is free when the license expires in several years, that means all games are free!

Wait, no. That's absurd.

Yeah. So, if it *is* P2W right now but available free in the future then it's still P2W right now. Not an issue at 2 weeks, more so at 5 months.

#296 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

It's not P2W, it's P2P at the moment. You do not 'win' or really have that much of an advantage by spending money on Clanners. Therefore, it's not P2W. End of story.

Regarding F2P games, though, I think every one of them has this problem. They rely on a fun, addicting 'combat engine' as Jo put it, and wrap around cheap F2P mechanics outside. Every F2P game I've played works like that. You have a inventory, or a hanger, or whatever, filled with whatever vehicles or weapons the game offers. You have ingame and premium currency. You have options to buy said vehicles or weapons with either currency, though some 'special' ones will cost real money. You click play, and you're kicked into a random multiplayer match with varying objectives. You win, you earn money and XP, rinse and repeat.

I'm yet to see a real deviation from that. I've tried War Thunder, because I like flight sims. I tried Hawken, because I was curious to see its version of mech combat. Both felt empty and fairly pointless. MWO follows the same trend, except it's kept me here because, well, it's MechWarrior and fairly well polished. Perhaps bigger flight sim fans might have enjoyed War Thunder. But even then, there's better one's out there that are much better value, aren't F2P and even have more content.

Ultimately, a F2P game will always feel empty and eventually pointless. Either you like the core game or you don't. I still struggle to call MWO a true MechWarrior sequel because it feels like they've stolen the MechWarrior mechanics and wrapped around F2P stuff. But then again, I can stomp around in a fully modernized Atlas shooting things. ;)

#297 Khushrenada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

ok... so now with the new matchmaking clan vs IS and clan is winning in 90% of all matches with a stomp 12:0 or 12:2 or something down the line, please explain me again, that clan mechs are not more powerful and they are not pay to win right now? :P

statistics from this field test do not seem to show any balance what so ever...

Edited by Khushrenada, 30 July 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#298 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostKhushrenada, on 30 July 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

ok... so now with the new matchmaking clan vs IS and clan is winning in 90% of all matches with a stomp 12:0 or 12:2 or something down the line, please explain me again, that clan mechs are not more powerful and they are not pay to win right now? :P

statistics from this field test do not seem to show any balance what so ever...

From my matches, I saw a bunch of terribads dying with less than 200 damage.

So, same as every other match.

#299 Tharnes

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

1-2 clans in a normal pugs don't really matter. Yes they most likely will deal the most damage and stay up until the end.
Its the MM stacking full teams of Clans versus IS players, including trail "noobs" which blows my mind.

There is no better way to scare away new players by letting them getting stomped by hordes of superior 60$/piece mechs.

Its just not a wise thing to do.

#300 MoonfireSpam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

Clan is P2W but...

CLAN OP IS LIEK TABLETOP AND EVERY PREVIOUS MW GAME. THATS GOOD AM I RITE?

Killed 4 clans in last game, they still won, but they were so bad that well, it just showed what a crutch clan tech is.

Not really sure how anyone can deny its P2W (which is fine as a business model) since:
1. Pay money
2. Get stonger gear
or
1. Don't pay money
2. No stronger gear

Edited by MoonfireSpam, 30 July 2014 - 12:56 PM.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users