28 replies to this topic

#1 Cleverbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 274 posts
  • LocationFeel Good Inc.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

So, I got some C-bills to spend, and I'm looking for something that packs a nice punch. My eyes fell on the Awesome

But is it really that awesome?

Any tips tricks or anything else anybody might be willing to share with me? I'm mostly looking for something thats cost efficient, so while the thought of an LRM boat sounds nice, I dont think it'll be affordable in the long run (unless I abuse the 75% free ammo).

#2 Vactus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 876 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I know of none... but I do know some people that do: MechSpecs; for all your mech building needs! Clink my Sig below to see how you can mod now! Did I mention free? And registration, should you choose to, is only 30sec! Have fun and build your Awesome today!

Edit: stupid mobile phone auto correct.

Edited by Vactus, 09 November 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#3 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Heh... how dare you plug a website hosted and operated by one of our esteemed community members, especially when it perfectly fits the thread topic!

I like the Awesome line of Mechs. The 8Q can stuff 4PPCs in the chest and a couple med lasers on the arm, the 8T can haul 4 LRM launchers and backup lasers, the 8R is a balanced missile/energy platform, and the 9M can be spec'd as a very fast Assault brawler.

Their weakness is an exposed head, which places them best slightly behind the front brawl... so that 9M is a risky brawler if you so spec it.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 09 November 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#4 PYM Scorn

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

I've been running the 9M, 8R, and 8T and I truly love them all. As above stated, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, but you truly don't have to fear much in an AWS if you play it smart.

#5 Brock Rockhard

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTraining Yard, Hofn

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Here's a thread on the AWS-8Q.

#6 Cleverbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 274 posts
  • LocationFeel Good Inc.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

I kinda like the idea of the 8R, since I can switch from LRM boat to close range streak SRM's with lasers if I feel like it

Thanks guys!

Especially for that Mechspecs site!

#7 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

I love my AWSOMES! They are front line animals, I've had them all from laser boats to PPC snipers but my favourite setup at the moment is;
1 sml lzr, 2 med lzr, 2 srm6, 2srm4, Endo, Ferro, DoubleHS, 275 engine.
Armour maxed and runs about 60kph.

Absolute Brawler and deadly in dual...
(Punch in the FACE!)

#8 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

I rather enjoy my Awesome 8R with 4 Artemis LRM 15s and 3 medium lasers. One of my most played mechs.

#9 Pkunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Check this topic:
http://mwomercs.com/...-awesome-guide/

Should be pinned tbh

#10 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostTrevor Belmont, on 30 June 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

I rather enjoy my Awesome 8R with 4 Artemis LRM 15s and 3 medium lasers. One of my most played mechs.

View PostPkunk, on 02 July 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Check this topic:
http://mwomercs.com/...-awesome-guide/

Should be pinned tbh

You guys are digging too deep for topics. The OP talks about the cost of ammo....

Edited by Sug, 02 July 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#11 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

People, stop ncero'ing old threads. For the love of Kerensky, the last post on this thing was in 2012.

#12 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostCleverbird, on 09 November 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

So, I got some C-bills to spend, and I'm looking for something that packs a nice punch. My eyes fell on the Awesome

But is it really that awesome?

Any tips tricks or anything else anybody might be willing to share with me? I'm mostly looking for something thats cost efficient, so while the thought of an LRM boat sounds nice, I dont think it'll be affordable in the long run (unless I abuse the 75% free ammo).

Given I have run every Awesome right now except the 9M, no, it is not cost efficient, no Assault is.
Cost efficient is low cost including modifications. I would experiment on Smurfy's site to see what Mechs with modifications you want would cost.
Here are some chassis that are cost efficient, this is based on how much each non-Champion/Hero costs in CB. They may not be considered the best by some players but some Mechs have 1 variant costing near double one of the others due to tech installed.
Light - Firestater, Jenner
Medium - Blackjack, Hunchback, Kintaro
Heavy - Quickdraw, Catapult, Thunderbolt
Assault - Victor, I would even say Highlander, Banshee

#13 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostMerchant, on 02 July 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

Given I have run every Awesome right now except the 9M, no, it is not cost efficient, no Assault is.
Cost efficient is low cost including modifications. I would experiment on Smurfy's site to see what Mechs with modifications you want would cost.
Here are some chassis that are cost efficient, this is based on how much each non-Champion/Hero costs in CB. They may not be considered the best by some players but some Mechs have 1 variant costing near double one of the others due to tech installed.
Light - Firestater, Jenner
Medium - Blackjack, Hunchback, Kintaro
Heavy - Quickdraw, Catapult, Thunderbolt
Assault - Victor, I would even say Highlander, Banshee

November 9th. 2012.

That's how old the post you're responding to is.

#14 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 02 July 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

People, stop ncero'ing old threads. For the love of Kerensky, the last post on this thing was in 2012.

To be fair - when I search for a topic (say AWS9M) it tends to give me the older ones first.
I usually have to dig through several pages before I get out of the closed beta threads. :wacko:
(been trying to figure out how to tell support about that, my awkward phrasings so far seem to have done more to irritate them than to help :unsure:)

#15 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 02 July 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

To be fair - when I search for a topic (say AWS9M) it tends to give me the older ones first.
I usually have to dig through several pages before I get out of the closed beta threads. :wacko:
(been trying to figure out how to tell support about that, my awkward phrasings so far seem to have done more to irritate them than to help :unsure:)

True, but people can easily look at the OP's post date and see that it was in 2012. Let alone seeing the 75% ammo comment.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 02 July 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#16 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 02 July 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

True, but people can easily look at the OP's post date and see that it was in 2012. Let alone seeing the 75% ammo comment.

True - and yet... I for one frequently forget to do that, so I at least, will not be holding that overly against them.

(Which is not to say I will not hold that against them at all- because despite my weakness there, that is on the "list" of things one should check :unsure:)

#17 Praslek2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

It's a very well known fact that the Awesome is kind of like the Titanic of mechs.

It looks great on paper. It even looks Awesome.

But it absolutely sucks.

The Awesome is probably the single worst mech in the entire game, and I'm saying this as a pilot that loves Awesomes and has played a thousand or so rounds in them.

There are a few gimmick builds that will be excepted from the general terriblehorriblegodawfulunderperformingstinkingpieceof....

#18 MadMaxMKII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:59 AM

as long as u never forget in what mech u are actually sitting and as long as u can adept well to those circumstances, the Awesome is truely a funny and deadly mech.
i have all of them and lately got the Pretty Baby as well, could use some tweaks but damn, what a nice mech. I for myself am successful in minimalistic builds with high speed, thats why i go with this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f499fd92cd93212

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostMadMaxMKII, on 17 July 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

as long as u never forget in what mech u are actually sitting and as long as u can adept well to those circumstances, the Awesome is truely a funny and deadly mech.
i have all of them and lately got the Pretty Baby as well, could use some tweaks but damn, what a nice mech. I for myself am successful in minimalistic builds with high speed, thats why i go with this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f499fd92cd93212

That is a fine job, sir!

#20 grml666

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 250 posts
  • LocationAruba

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...75d24d0f7b29d84

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d30b34858d75bf2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users