Masc Mechs

23 replies to this topic

#1 Aleksandr Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

I need some Masc capable mechs. Mostly the executioner. Do it PGI! DO IT NOW!

#2 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

Whenever they get the MASC working properly, then of course! Until then they have other bigger fish to fry, and other popular mechs that don't require a system not currently in game.
We'll just have to wait for the future! I'm curious about how they will implement it though (Inb4 it's a feature that makes mechs much more desirable than others when they have it like ECM or Jumpjets).

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

I would imagine it shall work as a speed boost that is set to a mech/variant. It will increase heat with a 25% chance per 10s use or per use if less time than 10s. I do not see them locking the legs power canon. Would be to negative to the player.

Oh. I am also with my trothkin. I very much would like to see MASC in the game, most of my fav Mechs require it haha. Firemoth, Viper and Executioner.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 22 July 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

I would imagine it shall work as a speed boost that is set to a mech/variant. It will increase heat with a 25% chance per 10s use or per use if less time than 10s. I do not see them locking the legs power canon. Would be to negative to the player.

I would love it, but maybe slowing the 'Mech to legged speed would be enough, quiaff? :)

#5 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

As much as I like to go fast, I would rather they fix the epic fail that is the JJ changes before they delve too deeply into something else they may only wind up messing up.

#6 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

The best way to do it.

A bar meter like JJs, toggle/hold a button to engage MASC once the (10-20 second?) meter runs out you begin taking leg structure damage for every 5-10 seconds you use it.

So the frst tier afte the bar runs down would be 5% dammage for the first 5 seconds, then 10% for the next 5 seconds then 15% for the next 5 and so on. Or the teirs cold ramp up 5%-15%-30% damage.

#7 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

Just use regular MASC rules. If you abuse it, you end up locking your legs, and moving at 50% of your max speed, or 40Kph whichever is slower.

The problem isn't with MASC coding though. In fact, that is the least of their worries. The real problem is with the netcode and Hit registering. Which drops to an abysmal Crap-I-Can't-Handle-this level once mechs exceed 180Kph. (Max speed commandos are getting pretty close to that btw.)

#8 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

I havent looked at the Sarna MASC rules recently, so ya once you abuse it you go 50% speed for a certian amount of time but the "bar meter" is still a good way to meter the time left for MASC before you get the negative modifier. I really want MASC :P

#9 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 30 July 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

I havent looked at the Sarna MASC rules recently, so ya once you abuse it you go 50% speed for a certian amount of time but the "bar meter" is still a good way to meter the time left for MASC before you get the negative modifier. I really want MASC :P

I like the bar meter idea. Instead of making it a guessing game. Then again, I'm pretty sure there are people out there who dislike the bar idea.

#10 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

Maybe they should put MASC on the jumpjets cooldown meter since you cannot possibly use them both at the same time, and it might also prevent some amount of abuse. The http://www.sarna.net...Strength_Myomer and http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Supercharger work in the same way so they should be added at the same time with little trouble. And it must be noted that Fire Moth and Executioner are hardwired with MASC, and until ALL of the original TRO 3050 Clan omnimechs are released they cannot introduce any more, so I believe we will see the MASC solution soon enough :P

#11 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

I really hope so, I NEED a firemoth and a Viper, that will quench my need for clan speed.

#12 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

MW:LL dealt with it pretty well, I hope they figure it out without charging players too much.

#13 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 30 July 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

Maybe they should put MASC on the jumpjets cooldown meter since you cannot possibly use them both at the same time

In MW2 I used to use JJ with MASC all the time in a Firemoth :P
Get up to max speed and then JUUUUMP! :D

Then I'd hear Betty saying "you have left the mission zone... Mission FAILED" :o

#14 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostHeroForHire, on 09 September 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

Then I'd hear Betty saying "you have left the mission zone... Mission FAILED" :o

That's because you clearly didn't have authorization to perform planetary departure protocols.

#15 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

Screw the clans, FEAR THE CLOWN IN A FLEA WITH SMALL PULSE LASERS!!!! why because it has masc :P

#16 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

View Postclownwarlord, on 09 September 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

Screw the clans, FEAR THE CLOWN IN A FLEA WITH SMALL PULSE LASERS!!!! why because it has masc :P

If the Locust has been any indication (click the thread in my sig), then yeah, be afraid, be REALLY FRIGGIN' afraid.

#17 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostHeroForHire, on 09 September 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

JJ on a Fire Moth? It has no canon JJ variants, so it is unlikely to be implemented here. On the other hand, the G config has http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Supercharger that stacks with MASC for 250 kph in sprint :blink:

#18 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 10 September 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

On the other hand, the G config has http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Supercharger that stacks with MASC for 250 kph in sprint :blink:

Now, if it had wings, it could fly :P

#19 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 10 September 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

JJ on a Fire Moth? It has no canon JJ variants, so it is unlikely to be implemented here. On the other hand, the G config has http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Supercharger that stacks with MASC for 250 kph in sprint :blink:

I did not know about canon back in 1997. It was my 1st MW experience and I tinkered and put JJ on ALL the mechs :D

#20 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

I'm not gonna lie the viper is one of best monoverable mechs around even thou it doesn't have masc. But I'm really excited to see what Alex does with its horrible ugly face and design to change it magically somehow to a peace of art.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users