How Will You Feel If Another Mc Mech Pack Is Delivered Before Cw?

243 replies to this topic

#41 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 22 July 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

As long as I get my King Crab, Zeus, Hatchetman, and Urbanmech, all will be right with the world.

And this is exactly why mechs and mech packs will take priority. We just had 8 mechs with variants unleashed upon us yet that's still not enough for the populace. it's gimme, gimme, gimme I want more! They give us more, and the players just gobble it up.

There's what now, three threads on the front page about wanting more mechs? There are none about community warfare at this moment. It seems community warfare is only something people on an island want and is not representative of the playing population. It's no wonder PGI doesn't even start on CW and pushes it our further and further. CW is an empty promise and a dashed hope.

#42 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

They aren't going to release another pack for a while, probably not until after CW is in place.

They will, however, release new mechs...just not as promo packs.

#43 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostIhasa, on 22 July 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

And this is exactly why mechs and mech packs will take priority. We just had 8 mechs with variants unleashed upon us yet that's still not enough for the populace. it's gimme, gimme, gimme I want more! They give us more, and the players just gobble it up.

There's what now, three threads on the front page about wanting more mechs? There are none about community warfare at this moment. It seems community warfare is only something people on an island want and is not representative of the playing population. It's no wonder PGI doesn't even start on CW and pushes it our further and further. CW is an empty promise and a dashed hope.

Since the artists who work on the mechs don't code CW, this isn't a very good comparison.

A better argument would be mechs VS maps. The artists were taken off maps to work on the Clan mechs.

So, would we prefer shiny mechs, or new maps? Or map polishing? I know I don't like square hitboxes on round objects.

#44 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 22 July 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Since the artists who work on the mechs don't code CW, this isn't a very good comparison.

A better argument would be mechs VS maps. The artists were taken off maps to work on the Clan mechs.

So, would we prefer shiny mechs, or new maps? Or map polishing? I know I don't like square hitboxes on round objects.

You are exactly right too. But I'm talking project and corporate priorities, not staff assignments.

Same point though, 3 threads about new mechs, zero threads about new/polished maps on the front page.

#45 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 July 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

We need more Mechs before the game actually launches.

this game "launched" a while ago, they even made a big deal over it and everything. Where were you?

#46 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

I don't care, I whouldn't buy it anyway. I have a lot of patience.

#47 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 22 July 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Just wondering About players' opinion on this?

Don't care how many more Mech packs they release before CW.

Do care about any more slides in the release date for CW.

They can release another MC Mech pack every day from now until CW releases provided they get CW out "on time" now. But if CW slips yet again, they better not be working on other crap until they get it done.

#48 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

I cant wait for the reaction when they tell us they have found a way to moneitze CW.

#49 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

There will be more mechs before CW. And even when they start on CW. They already said it would be one module for it at a time.

So about 2 more years for full CW. Which is of course close to the first possible shut down date already floated. 2-6 years. And 2 would be my bet.

#50 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

I find the game fun as is so I don't care either way. I also don't have any faith that Community Warfare is going to be anything more than pick a faction and earn loyalty points that give you super minor bonuses and perhaps a few accolades. That being the case in general more mechs are fine with me.

Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer an amazing Community Warfare system with full on Campaigns that feel like actual battles for conquest, especially a Community Warfare system that allows PUGs and solo players to participate and contribute to. However I just don't have faith PGI can deliver so I just can't get hyped or worried about CW.

#51 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 22 July 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Just wondering About players' opinion on this?

we will never get CW

#52 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of frothing nerdrage in this thread. The way the Commodity Warfare folks usually go on, I'm also a little surprised that none of them have tried to take interns hostage or something.

Personally? While I don't expect to see any more packs for a while given the scope of the Clan release, I wouldn't mind at all if they released more 'Mech bundles first. I don't get to play the game anymore once CW releases anyways - and neither do any of you, unless you're in an organized player-run unit and prepared to dump ALL DA C-BILLZ into your unit's coffers rather than your own - so the longer that crap takes to get fully in gear, the better off I am.

Yes, I just said that I would prefer Commodity Warfare to be delayed again - possibly even indefinitely - and I'll stand by that. Still, it's an argument for another time. Preferably a time after I get my damn Viper. Or an Arctic Cheetah or three, if Piranha ever takes complete leave of their senses for a sufficient period of time to be awesome.

#53 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

View Post1453 R, on 22 July 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

. Preferably a time after I get my damn Viper. Or an Arctic Cheetah or three, if Piranha ever takes complete leave of their senses for a sufficient period of time to be awesome.

You had me until you talked about More 'mech skins instead of maps. :)

#54 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

Given that creating new mechs has no impact on CW development, I am all for it. There are a few mechs that I would LOVE to have...

#55 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 22 July 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

IDon't get me wrong, I would much prefer an amazing Community Warfare system with full on Campaigns that feel like actual battles for conquest, especially a Community Warfare system that allows PUGs and solo players to participate and contribute to. However I just don't have faith PGI can deliver so I just can't get hyped or worried about CW.

Hah!

HAH!

HAAAHHHHH!

You think the Commodity Warfare folks would let Piranha include pugs and solo-droppers in CW? Shyeah, suuure buddy! Haven't you heard their spiel? PICK A FACTION FIND A UNIT DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD, and most importantly SHUT YOUR CLAP YOUR WORTHLESS ROOKIE. And this is aside from their demand that the public drop queue be disabled completely once CW hits!

Mark me words there, Viktor. if you're a solo player like I am, you'd best be hoping CW slips again, because we aren't going to be welcome anymore when Commodity Warfare gets rolling in full. Best not forget your hat on the way out.

View PostTechnoviking, on 22 July 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

You had me until you talked about More 'mech skins instead of maps. :)

Give the Clans one machine that gets above 107 and you can have maps fo' days. But us children of Kerensky need at least one machine that does the traditional light 'Mech jobs, no?

Edited by 1453 R, 22 July 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#56 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

I would expect the next one after CW. Actually, if enough resources are moved from CW to the new packs, i believe there is a chance they could sell two packages (maybe not at the same time, but hey if they are cheap enough..): Clan reinforcement pack and ComStar pack.

#57 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostVandul, on 22 July 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

I cant wait for the reaction when they tell us they have found a way to moneitze CW.

They did monetize private matches so...

#58 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

Unsurprised, because well...........PGI.

#59 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 22 July 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Everyone on the forum will be outraged.

Posted Image

:)

Edited by Mystere, 22 July 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#60 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 22 July 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

this game "launched" a while ago, they even made a big deal over it and everything. Where were you?

No. No it didn't. If the game launched we'd be fighting over planets, and capturing factories. A launch means you have the game not a combat engine with shiny bits.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users