How Will You Feel If Another Mc Mech Pack Is Delivered Before Cw?

243 replies to this topic

#81 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 July 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

that's not what the thread asked. The thread asked about another mech pack BEFORE CW

^this

No plans to release means they do not plan on releasing more mechs for special packs, if you can call them that. Sandpit, . you seem to be quoting me a lot lately. Next time get the whole quote

View PostDEMAX51, on 22 July 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Personally, I wouldn't necessarily be against it, but I think a lot of other people would be.

Still, on NGNG #115, Russ said they had no current plans to release another in the near future.

This was the post I was responding to. He was saying that some players would be against more mechs before CW. In response I said, Who wouldn't want more mechs?. So That is how I feel is the response to his question in regards to the thread. I do not know why you felt the need to quote me and not quote me fully and say that is not what the thread asked? How many people have not been on topic but yet you only quoted me? I find that strange. Pick another target buddy, I am not the one.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 22 July 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#82 CheeseThief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Black Stump

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

I will be ecstatic about a new mech pack if there is something I want in it, and mildly indifferent if there is not.

Any hype I had for community warfare burned out a long time ago, but a new giant stompy robot toy that I can dream about, theorycraft around and maybe even dig out my old mini's for a nostalgia hit is a different story.

#83 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

More mechs will happen first anyway...

They haven't done any tests with CW yet, nor have they tested any new maps. So, I find it hard to believe CW will be here before maybe this time NEXT summer.

To truly make CW viable, they need to force players into role warfare first. To even accomplish this, more mechs (especially mechs that specialize in specific roles) and maps need to be added.

#84 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

View PostT Decker, on 22 July 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

More mechs will happen first anyway...

They haven't done any tests with CW yet, nor have they tested any new maps. So, I find it hard to believe CW will be here before maybe this time NEXT summer.

To truly make CW viable, they need to force players into role warfare first. To even accomplish this, more mechs (especially mechs that specialize in specific roles) and maps need to be added.

To be fair, russ did say this was just the frame work but I think next summer is a bit of a stretch.

With more major features out of the way(the base) they can put more effort into building upon the foundation.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 22 July 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#85 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Fine, as long as it doesn't detract from the CW development.

However... I wouldn't mind a IS Assault Ballistic mech... Please? :P

#86 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Rather upset; it's a matter of two months before CW's first stage release date.

To do a mechpack before then would mean CW would wait for 6 months...instead of two.

#87 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

View PostT Decker, on 22 July 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

"Forcing" is an interesting term. But necessary given how MWO was designed.

Take a glimpse here for how easily the game could have had some role warfare by one tiny change across all mechs. One tiny --often overlooked-- factor.

#88 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 July 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

No plans to release means they do not plan on releasing more mechs for special packs, if you can call them that. Sandpit, . you seem to be quoting me a lot lately. Next time get the whole quote

uhm
as I said, the OP asked how will you feel IF another mech pack IS delivered before cw.

do you understand the premise of that? IF IT HAPPENS
IF
ok?
so I told him how I would feel IF they delivered another mech pack BEFORE cw.

YOU said

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 July 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Depends on what mechs they are.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 July 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

More mechs will definitely add more variety into the game.

(those are the ENTIRE posts)
smh

#89 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

View PostSephlock, on 22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

I want the Aliens that (was it Focht? SOMEONE from Comstar) postulated that Clanners were.... DNA absorbers with higher heat tolerance!

Yep it was Focht, who believed it was more likely that the Clans and their OmniMechs could only be aliens rather than the returned SLDF with newer toys.

Back on topic, I'm all for more 'Mechs and INNER SPHERE 'Mech Pack ahead of Community Warfare, because I have no hope/expectation CW will ever come out. This is all the game is and will ever be, just hanging out for more 'Mechs and the occasional map.

#90 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

I hope they sell mechs in packs regularly.

I simply hope they don't have several months of exclusivity tied to them. Mech packs are a good deal - a lot of content for the money, a lot less grinding means I've got more cbills in the bank for the stuff that comes out that's NOT in packs.

The issue is in multi-month exclusivity deals. That I wouldn't be happy with.

As content, mechs are an excellent choice. They add a lot to the game while generating revenue for PGI. A big issue with CW is how to monetize it - if it costs additional resources to run/maintain, what generates that money? Mechs pay for themselves and a lot else.

#91 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

same as with the clan packs... i´d probably not buy them and won´t play much

#92 Mad Pig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 487 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Meh...

#93 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

this game is about mech warfare right!, so yea with more ways to blow stuff up why not!

#94 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

I would buy, IF it was a few I really wanted like Clan Supernova and Cauldron Born, Shadowcat. IS side, Thug. Annihilator and King Crab also high on wish list for IS. Kinda miss the Clint I made use of in Pirates Moon (MW3)

Marauder. not that I see that coming like ever. but I would buy it, just sayin.

#95 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 July 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

I hope they sell mechs in packs regularly.

I simply hope they don't have several months of exclusivity tied to them. Mech packs are a good deal - a lot of content for the money, a lot less grinding means I've got more cbills in the bank for the stuff that comes out that's NOT in packs.

The issue is in multi-month exclusivity deals. That I wouldn't be happy with.

As content, mechs are an excellent choice. They add a lot to the game while generating revenue for PGI. A big issue with CW is how to monetize it - if it costs additional resources to run/maintain, what generates that money? Mechs pay for themselves and a lot else.

What pays for CW is the depth of game is increased big time, which draws more players(because they did it right, right?) and if good ol USA tax code has taught us anything, it is way better to take a dollar from a billion people then 1000 dollars from 1000 people. More players brought in by a better game pays for itself tenfold if they do it right.

maybe thats a big IF. I tend to think if they can get stupid IGP off their back about how to do it, it will turn out pretty well. If IGP says "no cause money" then it will be half assed microtransaction infused hot garbage.

#96 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostCycKath, on 22 July 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Yep it was Focht, who believed it was more likely that the Clans and their OmniMechs could only be aliens rather than the returned SLDF with newer toys.

Back on topic, I'm all for more 'Mechs and INNER SPHERE 'Mech Pack ahead of Community Warfare, because I have no hope/expectation CW will ever come out. This is all the game is and will ever be, just hanging out for more 'Mechs and the occasional map.

I think you made a typo there. You meant to say "Clan".

How else can we get our Mad Dog, ghetto Warhammer (Hellbringer), eventual Kodiak, Executioner, and all the lame mechs that people only want because they are insane like the obscure ice ferret or whatever the hell it's called.

:P.

#97 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 July 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

More mechs will definitely add more variety into the game.

Surely thats sarcasm...this map needs more Maps before new mechs...

#98 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostSephlock, on 22 July 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

I think you made a typo there. You meant to say "Clan".

How else can we get our Mad Dog, ghetto Warhammer (Hellbringer), eventual Kodiak, Executioner, and all the lame mechs that people only want because they are insane like the obscure ice ferret or whatever the hell it's called.

:P.

How can you say that, we have 500% more Clan 'Mechs than required. *shakes head in abject disgust*

#99 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

I expect PGI to do so. They will delay CW for "reasons" until 2015 and make a big sale for Christmas. So they can keep the players with expectations longer and grab as much money as possible.

The same will happen in 2015. CW will be pused back again and again regularly for sale actions.
This will cntinue until there are no longer enough players here to support the game.

CW is PGIs big promise I don't expect them to try and fullfill.

#100 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

How would i feel?

I would get salty. As this game needs deph new mechs cant bring.

Devs treat this game as Mechachu.
When a new player enters the store and see 100s of mechs but the game is lacking basic fetures(VOIP) and any kind of deapth.
What are they supposed to think, serius developer focused on; good game design or sell overpriced mechs for a quick buck?

Edited by Turist0AT, 23 July 2014 - 01:20 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users