Jager-Dd

16 replies to this topic

#1 Vallin Shae

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

Just got my Jager-DD last night. Soooo excited. :D

Here is my intended build. My intent is to be medium rang with some long range sniping ?

JM6-DD

Or this one just because I like ER PPCs. :ph34r:

JM6-DD

Edited by Vallin Shae, 14 July 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#2 Jack Smiles

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

I think your biggest problem is going to be heat buildup. With the Jager I'd suggest using AC/5's for range. They barely build heat, cycle faster than large lasers or PPCs, and on the Jager's high arm mounts, you barely need to expose yourself to fire them.

#3 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

You want LBX10s - which means you're already on the right track :mellow:

Try this build: FIREBRAND
I realise it's on a Firebrand, but you can make it on any Jager.

It will work with an XL260, you can just fit more LBX10 ammo in (or even +2 Medium Lasers).

The twin LBX10s are heat neutral with the double heatsinks on every map, so only the Lasers will generate heat.
And with a 1600M range, you can reach out and touch someone from quite a distance.
And in close, you just don't stop firing until the enemy is dead.

#4 Artillery Witch Viridia

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

Here try this >.> http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dbfe8d83f6eaf1e Pop out shoot a couple times or until they jam and duck back into cover. Also works with quad ac5's and 9 tons of ammo instead.

#5 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

LBX10 is a terrible weapon, I wouldn't recommend it under any circumstance. Quad UAC5 is fun but not really practical.

My personal favorites are
JM6-DD
and
JM6-DD

The build with the medium lasers isn't as ammo dependent and can go STD or XL, but something about having four AC5's is just so satisfying.

You could also run 2 PPC's and some AC2's or AC5's if you dont mind being slow and having an XL. IMO You have to go full dakka on the DD because those torso mounted energy hardpoints are not that great for PPC's.

Edited by Roughneck45, 20 July 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#6 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Dear Mechwarrior
Congratulations on your purchase of a Kallon Industries JM6 Jaegarmech (model year 3049) with the "DD" trim and Ordnance package

We value your trust in our company, and we will do our best to meet your service expectations. Rest assured, with its xl 260 engine, high-mounted hard-points and spacious interior, your JM6 represents the pinnacle of direct-fire AFV (ambulatory fighting vehicle) development.

In regards to your inquiries about kitting out your battlemech as a urban-warfare "Brawler" may I suggest pairing an LB 10X with an AC20. This combination maximizes close range "front-loaded" damage potential while minimizing heat build up.

While the linked data-sheet includes a single ER-Laser as backup The mech is easilly capable of handling the heat-load of a PPC should you so desire.

JM6-DDF "Ferdinand" Tank Destroyer

Thank you again, for your order. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Posted Image

Edited by HlynkaCG, 20 July 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#7 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 20 July 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

LBX10 is a terrible weapon, I wouldn't recommend it under any circumstance. Quad UAC5 is fun but not really practical.
Oh it really isn't.

It's amazingly versatile,
runs cold,
effective at short and long range,
as a direct fire and psycological weapon,
flaying armour and high damage numbers
critseeking, component destroyeds and straight up destruction.

It's RoF and Heat means the straight damage output is higher than an AC/20 and AC/10.

And ultimately - I've done the best with my Twin-LBX10/Twin MLas Jager out of all my mechs, in regards to damage, kills and overall earnings.

#8 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 20 July 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

It is not terrible and has its place. A 3AC5 3ML JM6-S build will probably work better on some maps, but 2LB10X, 2MG, 3ML JM6-S or 2LB10X, 4MG, 2ML JM6-DD will work fine as well.

For the above, recommend STD 250 or 260 engine. 4AC5 builds with XL engine are lots of fun but pretty much depend on not being shot at much.

#9 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

So I got bored and made this

It's a fun build, not necessarily a standard approach but it flys like a demon, never runs out of ammo, can take a kicking, and if you can ambush someone with it and keep on their back/blindside it'll open them up a treat.

Edited by Raggedyman, 21 July 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#10 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

I've been using an XL300 with either
dual LBX10s + 4ML (works ok..)

could do Dual AC10s + 4MLs also.

I've been running 4x LPL and it has actually been working quite well.

EDIT:
sorry wrong variant, i was using the S

Edited by Bigbacon, 17 August 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#11 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

I'm afraid I have no use for the DD. Unless you're going to run 2xLB10-X with four machine guns or flat-out six machine guns- or some goofy build with three autocannon all on one side so you have a disposable other side- there's really nothing it does that some other Jaeger can't do just as well. The S has more energy hardpoints for back-up weapons and the A lets you use missiles with your high-mount autocannon, but the DD doesn't really offer much that the other two don't.

#12 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

My fave:

JM6-DakkaDakka

Gauss damage every 1.66 seconds on alpha strike, and a continuous barrage of dakka on chain fire. The XL makes it fragile, but if you switch to chain fire at close range and hose with MG's and you're a limb-shearing screen-shaking instrument of dooooom.

Stay at long range for the first half of the fight, then close in for some very, very easy kills with the 3 AC5's at the end.

Also, if you're going to remove armour from anywhere on a Yager, you can most comfortably take it from the arms. They have a ludicrously small profile.

#13 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 17 August 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

Also, if you're going to remove armour from anywhere on a Yager, you can most comfortably take it from the arms. They have a ludicrously small profile.

Except the A.

#14 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 17 August 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

Except the A.

There's an A? heh.

#15 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 17 August 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

My fave:

JM6-DakkaDakka

Gauss damage every 1.66 seconds on alpha strike, and a continuous barrage of dakka on chain fire. The XL makes it fragile, but if you switch to chain fire at close range and hose with MG's and you're a limb-shearing screen-shaking instrument of dooooom.

Stay at long range for the first half of the fight, then close in for some very, very easy kills with the 3 AC5's at the end.

You placed 1 ton of AC2 ammo in to the center torso! Correct it.

#16 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostENS Puskin, on 17 August 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

You placed 1 ton of AC2 ammo in to the center torso! Correct it.

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME.

#17 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 17 August 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME.

;) Chechech, ok never mind...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users