#321 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:47 AM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 31 July 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

Future of Modules...

First I'd love to be able to FIND them easier before PGI does anything else with modules.

Why can't there be an indicator on the Lower RIght portion of the screen (or anywhere for that matter) showing what mech/weapon modules you have installed? Sure maybe I should remember, but we shouldn't have to play "Where's Waldo" with our modules, being forced to click on each mech, click configure, then click modules to see if there are any on them, then click back, and back again, and repeat the process wasting 5 minutes plus digging through mechs.

Basically my prayer to PGI is make the mechanics and system more user friendly instead of feeling like some half-hearted attempt or a process long swept under the porch and forgotten about.

You can see which modules are loaded through the home screen in mechbay

#322 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:50 AM

I don't know. While I feel some people's frustration with Arty / Air Strikes, my greatest frustration with this game is that they allow long range weapons to have DPS that is competitive with short range weapons, thus creating a very immobile sort of warfare in the game. Arty and airstrikes are most punishing to large, immobile mechs. I don't really feel bad if that sort of player gets plastered by artillery since this game is overrun with that kind of player.

#323 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

Please for the love of god at least make the darn weapon modules worth using. I mean seriously, millions of c-bills and added heat for a trivial range buff of what? 6-13 meters? Really? FYI all of the weapon modules are a waste simply because they do nothing in the scheme of thinigs except make you heat up faster. Clan tech has rendered the weapon modules worthless in soo many ways.

I suggest:

- Make the range worth the cost, Start with a 25 meter minimum range 50 max and go up from there.
- Maybe add a tweak to reduce cooldown?
- Maybe bump damage a tad?

I dunno, but as they are now they are not worth using. At the moment (none) of my mechs are using the weapon module slots and thats the way it will remain until someone figures out what a mistake they have mad with the weapon modules.

Regards

#324 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

Hell's Horses have a dignified place in the storyarch, but we have already mentioned that only the first 4 invading clans will be represented at this stage of the game.

One of which is the poster child for the artillery OmniMech, the Wolves.

Just give Clanners the alternative, Arrow-IV arty strike instead of the IS Long Tom barrage as an area-bombardment weapon. 20 damage scattered hits won't blow heads off.

Edited by wanderer, 31 July 2014 - 05:11 AM.

#325 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:11 AM

It's rare i survive until the end of the match.
So i have a lot of time to look to the other's style of combat.

I'm here since the open beta, almost 4 hours every week, 12 weekly since clan invasion.
In all this time i saw only 2 (TWO) times someone using weapons range modules.
This means that very few people felt the need of this modules.

Now, i have to decide IF increase my sensors OR use radar deprivation.
Please forgive me, but this is bullsh***!
Easy to say there is masterskill: how many peolpe want to play 3 different variants of the same mech?
Normally i stop running after skills reaching the speed bonus. Then i play 4 fun.

You want to do us a favour? Give us 5 generic slots, and let US choose our needs.

And please, please, give us another Space Map!

Edited by Anavel Gato2, 31 July 2014 - 07:06 AM.

#326 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostQuax1102, on 31 July 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

24 'Mechs on 2 teams
2 strikes per 'Mech
48 strikes

They already announced next patch only being able to bring 1 strike each... so 24 max

#327 BillyM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

I'm OK with this...

BUT FFS, MAKE THE SMOKE CANISTER FIRE FROM THE MECH DEPLOYING IT, NOT JUST MAKE MAGIC SPACE SMOKE APPEAR!!!!!

--billyM

#328 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostAndross Deverow, on 31 July 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

Please for the love of god at least make the darn weapon modules worth using. I mean seriously, millions of c-bills and added heat for a trivial range buff of what? 6-13 meters? Really? FYI all of the weapon modules are a waste simply because they do nothing in the scheme of thinigs except make you heat up faster. Clan tech has rendered the weapon modules worthless in soo many ways.

I suggest:

- Make the range worth the cost, Start with a 25 meter minimum range 50 max and go up from there.
- Maybe add a tweak to reduce cooldown?
- Maybe bump damage a tad?

I dunno, but as they are now they are not worth using. At the moment (none) of my mechs are using the weapon module slots and thats the way it will remain until someone figures out what a mistake they have mad with the weapon modules.

Regards

I dont know about bumping the range that much. Remember, there are supposed to be 5 levels. I would prefer

1) Keep it at 2 levels
2) Make it an even 5%/10% range increase
3) Get rid of the heat penalty.
4) Include ALL weapons.

As for the other types

Heat reduction -3/6%
recycle time reduction - 3/6%
Weapons speed increase- 5/10% (for weapons with speed)
Beam time reduction- 5/10% (for DoT weapons)
Lock time reduction- 5/10% (for weapons with lock time)

These are significant increases but not game changing ones. They mostly emulate effects in the game already (sensor modules, quirks, etc) and are worth the investment.

#329 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

Zellbrigen is ritualistic form of honor dueling and calling in artillery practiced by the Warrior Caste of the Clans.

#330 Ragnar Bashmek

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 60 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChandler, TX

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

The one air/arty strike per mech is an improvement and the no arty for clanners is also a good thing. Actually doing away with them all together and replacing them with Long Tom and Arrow IV weapons would be even better. As someone else said earlier "I didn't sign up for WW1 Trench Warfare Online". All damage should be dealt directly from a mech.

This still leaves the screw up on the mech modules to deal with, reducing them seems nonsensical. If anything they should have been increased. I would like to see a minimum of 3 per mech with an additional 1 or 2 for mastery. They are really the key to specialized roles.

The weapon modules need a complete re-thinking as the current approach is useless and is not amenable to the proposed 2 thru 5 level amplifications. They will only become 2 to 5 times as bad.

Anyway thanks for reining in some of the arty/air spam, it is just a nuisance.

I'm still not spending any $ on MWO until I get my mech slots back (that you essentially stole from my TBRs and SCRs considering that I paid real money for them). :)

#331 Sagedabluemage

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

i normally dont add to much to the forums in general but im getting confused on how things are working out. SO i lost a couple modules that i normally would use together. To use a bunch of modules that have penalties for using them and a minimum effectiveness. hmmm I dun kno what to say i guess ill try them out but the gxp is ridiculous to use to get them all. well ill try it for now and see what i like but i really dun see the point of it though.

#332 Hellz Own

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

How about resetting everyone's modules, GXP skill conversion and MC refund to all, and let's start fresh.

Oh, and btw, over 6 months since last map....

Could PGI plz wake up and field changes that close to no one will complain about. (Example: CW / new maps / different game types).

Edited by HellzOwn, 31 July 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#333 Daehoth

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

I've played maybe 2 games since the last patch and haven't played since.
I decide to pop in to one game today to see how right I and a lot of other ppl have been.

Bear in mind, my FIRST game in 2 days. I counted at least 15-16 artillery/air strikes. It literally overwhelmed the entire match.

Needless to say, I logged straight out of the game.

I can't take it anymore, if PGI cannot even see this one simple glaringly obvious colossal mistake they've done.
They're staffed with COMPLETE and utter morons. Please do not take insult to this....especially when it's merely pure fact and good honest truth.

You know what really gets to me...I've been such a fan for the last 2 years. I've sung praises of MWO to friends who play this genre....and the recent stupidity displayed by PGI is just the last straw that turns a loyal fan completely around.

I mean, it's just so obvious....

PGI, I would like an honest answer. Are monkeys making your decisions for you? Maybe a magic eight ball? Or perhaps an amoeba...something with a below 40 IQ? I just...I just really have to know. Pretty please?

Edited by Daehoth, 31 July 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#334 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostPOWR, on 31 July 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

I don't know how you count 12x1x2 as 48, could you explain?

A match contains 24 Mechs. If all of them are IS, then a total of 48 strikes can be used.

EDIT: I just realised I'd misread Nic's post. IS still only get one Strike (of their choice), not two. So it's a maximum of 24 strikes per match.

That's still 18 too many in my humble opinion.

Edited by Appogee, 31 July 2014 - 07:55 AM.

#335 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostSagedabluemage, on 31 July 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

i normally dont add to much to the forums in general but im getting confused on how things are working out. SO i lost a couple modules that i normally would use together. To use a bunch of modules that have penalties for using them and a minimum effectiveness. hmmm I dun kno what to say i guess ill try them out but the gxp is ridiculous to use to get them all. well ill try it for now and see what i like but i really dun see the point of it though.

There is NO point. Weapon modules make you generate more Heat in exchange for a few meters of range. No one in his right mind would waste the GXP and millions of cbills to get them. If I remember right, the AMS and MG ones are the only ones that don't generate extra heat.

#336 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostDoctorDetroit, on 31 July 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

They already announced next patch only being able to bring 1 strike each... so 24 max

Up to 24 strikes per match is unacceptable. Up to 6 should be the maximum. The game would be so much more enjoyable if there were no air/arty strikes at all, but they created consumables as a cbill sink (and players can auto-reload them now) in the hope that when players run out of cbills, they'll pay MC (real money) to get more.

Edited by Triordinant, 31 July 2014 - 07:58 AM.

#337 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostAnavel Gato2, on 31 July 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

It's rare i survive until the end of the match.
So i have a lot of time to look to the other's style of combat.

I'm here since the open beta, almost 4 hours every week, 12 weekly since clan invasion.
In all this time i saw only 2 (TWO) times someone using weapons range modules.
This means that very few people felt the need of this modules.

The main reason people don't use the weapons range modules is that they cost too much for too little benefit and a drawback --- and the benefit is situational (18m on Large Laser) while the drawback is constant (+.28 heat on LL.)

The existence of a handful of "mandatory" 'Mech modules is the second reason - and the reason at the heart of most people's complaints about the system change.

Now, i have to decide IF increase my sensors OR use radar deprivation.
Please forgive me, but this is bullsh***!

Case in point.

You want to do us a favour? Give us 5 generic slots, and let US choose our needs.

...wait. So BUFF the 'Mechs' modules compared to before? Not a viable solution, because you know rather well what would happen: everyone would take the mandatories (tig, derp, seismic, sensor range) and a build-based fifth mandatory (gyro, decay, etc.)

Too many free options will lead to no variety when colliding with "optimal" play.

#338 Crinos

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

PGI.. If your goal is to do changes that bennefit the majority of players... Perhaps you should listen to the majority of players that complain about the said change?

It is realy obvious that you either made a change WAY to early, waiting for the rest of the good weapon modules to be ready. (And then I'm talking about functional weapon modules... a few meters more of extended range with added heat, is NOT functional.. Most shots will be with-in the normal ranges anyway and therefore a waste of heat and a waste of module slot).
The other options is... You totaly lack insight in your own game.

Please change it back to the way it was NOW... And remodel the module system when EVERYTHING is ready for it...
And on that note, perhaps your developers should address more urgent issues.. Since it feels like the game still is in pre-beta stages with lag spikes, crashes, buggy textures, and SLI support that is non-functional.

Edit: typos

Edited by Crinos, 31 July 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#339 Dantiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

for what I read, the most interesting option so far is to limit consumables slot to 1, and only give more slots to some specific mechs. maybe weapon and mech modules should be one, so when/if weapon modules get any useful you will need to choose between improving your sensor/gyro/whatever or your weapons

Edited by Dantiger, 31 July 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#340 Zenkrye

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 4
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

If you plan to limit Clan Mechs to the use of only Air Strikes, please refund the GXP I spent purchasing Improved Artillery Strike.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users