Are Awesome's Closer To Actually Awesome Now?

45 replies to this topic

#41 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 07 September 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

I would support an engine cap increase for the AWS chassis. I'd be great for the 8V, with its rather atypical hardpoints. My 8V is currently set for 300STD engine, 2 LPLs, 3 SRM4s, and one ERLL, and while weak at range, its very strong up close. Unfortunately, due to the slow torso twist, it can't take full advantage of its weapon set, and really gets torn up by anything bigger than it, as well as the Timber Wolf. An increase in engine cap size would do it wonders. I think the 8Q with 3 PPCs would benefit from the increased speed as well. As it is, you might as well go with 4 LLs because of the how slow they are, even with capped engines (which I use in all of mine).

It's a testament to the mech that you can use max STD engine, and still utilize all of your hardpoints rather well. The SRM brawler would be fantastic with an XL 400. Sounds suicidal, but the increased torso twist speed would compensate. So long as we get a slight hitbox adjustment, or they finally change the mech's design, to fit the slimmer, more accurate AWS from TT.

#42 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 07 September 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

It's a testament to the mech that you can use max STD engine, and still utilize all of your hardpoints rather well. The SRM brawler would be fantastic with an XL 400. Sounds suicidal, but the increased torso twist speed would compensate. So long as we get a slight hitbox adjustment, or they finally change the mech's design, to fit the slimmer, more accurate AWS from TT.

I would totally put an XL350-400 in my 8V. Glass cannon incarnate.

#43 Pkunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

Well I have to say that my AWS8-Q is a very solid laser boat right now.. I've been doing some testing grounds runs on frozen colony and with this build I can clear it the fastest.. Not that that says a whole lot about actual online games, but still.. It kills eight mechs faster than any of my Clan Mechs. In real games I've been consistently scoring 500+. Which is about the same as in my favourite clan mechs.
AWS-8Q

Edited by Pkunk, 13 September 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#44 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

With the new cool down modules and range extenders my 8Q is proving to be very effective. It does carry 4x weapons modules!

4x LL, 3xML. 300 std. Cycle rate is tremendous. Cool down is superior.

My 9M with two PPC's and two LPL with cool down and range extenders is also moving up in the KTD ratio scene.

Very nice indeed!

Love the Awesomes.

#45 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

View PostKatotonic, on 31 July 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

I do not and never have owned or piloted an awesome. I only know it from it's reputation as being a overheating POS with a CT that is the size of a building. (obviously not the best of reputations)

But then I saw this in the recent patch notes from the quirk system update...

• All Awesomes:
    • -12.5% heat generated by energy weapons
    • +10% faster heat loss
    • +17% Center Torso (front) armor

Have any awesome pilots tried things out? Has it made any difference? Are Awesomes now actually closer to awesome? Just curious if this might make them at least viable going forward.

It has definitely made a difference. It feels like they're very comparable to the Warhawk now.

#46 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

I have 5 Awesomes all at max Experience Levels

My Fav is a 9M with 2 ERL, 1 ERPPC, 2 SRM4 1 SRM6 with 320XL.

I enjoy the all roundedness of the PB with 1 LRM15, 2 SRM6, 1 ERPPC, 1 MedL, 350XL.

I'm looking forward to running a pure 4 x PPC (not ER) on a 8T with 18 heat sinks (Max) on a 300XL engine and ..... Command console! I am eager to try it with the new cool down weapons module.

I wonder if an 8Q in Black Knight Config of 1 x PPC, 2 X ERL, 4 X ML will be competitive as I find that high pingers like me have difficulty with all energy builds.

I still cannot make sense of the 8V as it shares many components with the PB and so either one will do.

I hope that there will be a crowdsourced MWO Awesome miniature to go together with my "Skinny" Ironwindmetal Awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users