- - - - -

Bugs

4 replies to this topic

#1 PainProbe

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

I signed up a long time ago but stopped playing. I recently checked back in. I am getting my a$$ handed to me by the experienced players, which is not surprising. I love MW and have played the various versions dating back to MW2.

I know the devs try to strike a balance between keeping the die hard fans and newcomers happy. I like that I can press one button and launch a game. The sim itself is fantastic, but from there I find the game lobby UI interactions confusing and non-intuitive.

For example, I've got "trial mechs" which indicate "owned" but can't customize. I have loads of CBills but these are apparently worthless and I need "MC" to buy stuff. It seems MC requires real money which is fine but what's up with the two currencies. The store has ads for all the cool mechs I can buy but the links don't work. Click on them in game and nothing happens. Clicking ads on the launcher triggers an error.

I haven't got any further than this. I know there is tons of info/posts etc, and I'll likely get around to reading them. As a casual player I want to be able to fiddle with customizing mechs and get in/out of games quickly, the rest is noise for me. If I have to pay to fiddle with the mechs that's ok but the UI in it's current state is preventing this. Just my 2 cents.

#2 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

Hey Pain, if u check the store there are dozens of mechs purchasable with in game cbills. Only special sales and hero mechs are limited to real life MC. Report errors to support for help and welcome back.

#3 Innocent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

Don't try to buy stuff from the store. In the mechlab there is a toggle for owned/purchasable. Switch to the purchasable section and it will show the mechs available for c-bills and MC.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

most Mechs are available for Cbills (earned ingame currency) the Hero Mechs, Champion (trial) Mechs and Clan Mechs are not available for Cbills

most of the Clan Mechs are at current only available through pre-order on the website but will be released for Cbills and MC (purchased with real money) over the next few months, the first Clan Mech (Kit Fox) will be released for cbills in about a week.

Hero Mechs have a Cbill boost (30%), unique hardpoint layout and camo scheme, it is unlikely they will ever be available tor Cbills

Champion (trial) Mechs are a stock chassis with most of the upgrades and a reasonable load-out, they also have a small XP boost, you can make exactly the same mech (although without the XP boost) by buying the chassis and components with Cbills

best way to buy a mech is to go to the mechlab, it the top left corner click on the drop-down box (it should say owned) and select purchasable, then hover your curser over a chassis, this gives a quick indication of the loadout, or click on the mech then click the mech details box (bottom right) to get a detailed load-out.

if you want advise on what to buy just ask, preferably giving details on what you liked and did not like about specific trial mechs

#5 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Welcome back. Check out this video. It show how to buy battlemechs. http://mwomercs.com/...ng-battlemechs/

Also I've got videos that cover most of the UI if you need more help. Enjoy the game and hope to see you on the battlefield.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users