Re: Defensive Posturing Along Kurita Borders.

95 replies to this topic

#61 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostLordLosh, on 02 August 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

I know this is not the spot for it but maybe a Kurita fan boy or battletech nerd can tell me. Can we have this mech in game or does it have legal issues? i think PGI art team would knock this design out of the park.
Hatamoto-Chi
Posted Image

Battletech Nerd reporting for duty!

Yep, the Hatamoto Chi is a mech viable for the timeline (http://www.solaris7....Info.asp?ID=579), but the only variant I know of that uses a sword was a personalized refit on a single mech, rather than a production model (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hatamoto-Chi). Still, the Hatamoto would be an awesome MW:O addition at some point, even if, as a devoted Davion warrior, for me it would possibly be more from the perspective of having more cool things to shoot at. :P

*Edited to add, if you're a big fan of that sword, the first field appearance of a Kuritan mech equipped with one isn't until the late 3050s unfortunately, but it shows up on a pretty awesome mech, the No-Dachi (http://www.solaris7....nfo.asp?ID=3709), with the first prototypes showing up a few years after the Clan Invasion hits (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/No-Dachi),

Edited by Rip Snorgan, 02 August 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#62 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 01 August 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Sale should only apply to Kurita-branded pilots.

This...

and...

when are we ever getting access to unit crests/ symbols/ icons/ insignia?
This has been talked about for years now, when is it ever being implemented?
And get some Vargas girl icons to paint on mechs too while you are at it.

The idea is nice, but without CW, whats the point right now?

Yes, and above...the Kuritans need the Hatamoto-Chi... like we Liao need our Vindicator.

Edited by Orkdung, 02 August 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#63 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

i don't really want the sword just the mech. Who brings a knife to a gun fight?

#64 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostLordLosh, on 02 August 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

No worries dude, that's just the Shin variant (Hero mech).

#65 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostLordLosh, on 02 August 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

Exactly...especially when you can bring a far manlier weapon much more relevant to the timeline! :P (http://www.solaris7....Info.asp?ID=551)(http://www.solaris7....Info.asp?ID=613)

*Edited because dammit, I clicked the wrong smiley!

Edited by Rip Snorgan, 02 August 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#66 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

This is exactly what some of us have been talking about (although you need to seriously bone up on your lore for mech variants and chassis.) Faction specific sales and such. (Now do colors and camos the same way)

View PostRip Snorgan, on 02 August 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Battletech Nerd reporting for duty!

Yep, the Hatamoto Chi is a mech viable for the timeline (http://www.solaris7....Info.asp?ID=579), but the only variant I know of that uses a sword was a personalized refit on a single mech, rather than a production model (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hatamoto-Chi). Still, the Hatamoto would be an awesome MW:O addition at some point, even if, as a devoted Davion warrior, for me it would possibly be more from the perspective of having more cool things to shoot at. :P

*Edited to add, if you're a big fan of that sword, the first field appearance of a Kuritan mech equipped with one isn't until the late 3050s unfortunately, but it shows up on a pretty awesome mech, the No-Dachi (http://www.solaris7....nfo.asp?ID=3709), with the first prototypes showing up a few years after the Clan Invasion hits (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/No-Dachi),

hero mech ^_^

#67 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

So we should spend now real money on Mechs we can purchase with C-Bills ?

Even basic functions to give the factions a small importance are not implemented in MWO:
  • No factions Crests on the Mechs
  • No player ranking by faction, not even a ranking without faction
Do you realy expect those players who think that factions should have at least some kind of importance in a Battletech Game will buy your old Mechs ? Just because it's some kind of "faction sale" ?
Do you realy think your costumers are that kind of stupid ?

I expected some things from the factions:
  • Faction crests on the Mechs.
  • Player units with faction
  • Ranking by faction for players and player units
  • Reduced C-Bill price for faction Mechs, but only for the players of that faction.
  • Faction specific achivments like the Dragon Slayer banner for Davion Players with a lots of Kurita Kills
By the way CW is announced in the future only one faction will be wise to choose: The Clans, the faction that can use Omnimechs and Clantech in CW.

#68 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Since we're talking about the Hatamoto-Chi, I think we should talk about their variants.

The HTM-27T Hatamoto-Chi is your energy and missile fighter that debuted in 3042:
Loadout:
2x PPCs
2x SRM 6

Hardpoints:
4x Energy Hardpoints
2x Missile Hardpoints

The HTM-27U Hatamoto-Hi is your all-out energy boat that debuted in 3047:
Loadout:
2x PPCs
4x Mediums Lasers

Hardpoints:
6x Energy Hardpoints

The HTM-27W Hatamoto-Ku is an energy boat with one ballistic slot that debuted in 3048:
Loadout:
2x PPCs
1x AC/5

Hardpoints:
4x Energy Hardpoints
1x Ballistic Hardpoint

EDIT : Fixed the hardpoint and weapon information.

Edited by Will9761, 02 August 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#69 Dymanite

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Good theme, but its time to include the c-bills as well to make it less commercial

#70 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 01 August 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

[color=#E46C0A] [/color]
[color=#E46C0A]All Kurita favored and manufactured BattleMech non-hero chassis are now 35% off regular MC prices as well as Kuritaprimary colors (Rust, Caput Mortuum, Obsidian Black) are 50% off. Additionally Kuritan cockpit items are also on sale at 50% off.[/color]

I think you mean variants.

Come on, this isn't the first time. Though at least this one wasn't in a graphic.

#71 Damalis Knight

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

OK the sale starts today. But i can't find where to get the camo colors from.

#72 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostAlreech, on 02 August 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

So we should spend now real money on Mechs we can purchase with C-Bills ?

Even basic functions to give the factions a small importance are not implemented in MWO:
  • No factions Crests on the Mechs
  • No player ranking by faction, not even a ranking without faction
Do you realy expect those players who think that factions should have at least some kind of importance in a Battletech Game will buy your old Mechs ? Just because it's some kind of "faction sale" ?

Do you realy think your costumers are that kind of stupid ?

I expected some things from the factions:
  • Faction crests on the Mechs.
  • Player units with faction
  • Ranking by faction for players and player units
  • Reduced C-Bill price for faction Mechs, but only for the players of that faction.
  • Faction specific achivments like the Dragon Slayer banner for Davion Players with a lots of Kurita Kills
By the way CW is announced in the future only one faction will be wise to choose: The Clans, the faction that can use Omnimechs and Clantech in CW.

This guy gets it.

Props!

#73 H1TnRUN

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 01 August 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

This is pretty cool.Faction Specific sales are a cool idea

Agreed. More of this, please!

#74 Emmykins

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

It may be a decent idea in the future to make faction-specific non-hero mech sales also hit Cbills. I know the point of a sale like this is to make more money and all, but to the opposite point.. If someone has decided not to at this time and is waiting for X, it'd be considered 'player retention.'

inb4 'you're too broke to buy them for cbills?'

It's just a suggestion.

#75 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Love the dialog that builds up to the actual message (the Draconis Combine themed sale) because it's like something out of the BattleTech novels :P

Currently reading Mercenary's Star by William H. Keither, Jr.
If you're a Merc or want to join a merc group you might like this book because it's about the Gray Death Legion ^_^

#76 Ragill Druhan

Rookie

• The Infernal
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

hmm, you could have also put the Dragon statue cockpit item on sale, but no biggy.

#77 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

Mechs that probably shouldn't be there:
  • Raven
Never produced in the DC. Never acquired through trade.
  • Cicada
Just not made in the Combine, though readily available about everywhere

Mechs that probably should be there:
  • Victor
  • Jagermech
  • Atlas

All three of these were acquired by the Draconis Combine during Operation Orochi during the War of 3039 when they captured Independence Weaponry on Quentin.
  • Quickdraw
The Quickdraw was one of a select handful of designs that the DCMS could still manufacture during the Succession wars, as the factory was on Luthien.

Edited by ice trey, 03 August 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#78 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

View Postice trey, on 03 August 2014 - 05:08 AM, said:

Mechs that probably should be there:
  • Jagermech

I'm not sure if there are JagerMechs in the Combine. (at least not in the assignment tables)

#79 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

View PostOdanan, on 03 August 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

[/size]
I'm not sure if there are JagerMechs in the Combine. (at least not in the assignment tables)

There are.

Like I said, when the Combine captured the plant around 3039-3040, they were able to take production lines for the
-Atlas
-Victor
-Jagermech
-Marauder

Jagermech isn't a 'mech you'll see too many DC players using (Or Fedsuns players using, for that matter), but it's definitely there. I'm talking tabletop, of course. Everyone and their mother uses Jagers in MWO because of "High arms AC40 Dual Gauss META META META L2P xXx_MLG_PRO_420_xXx", but when you're using stock configs and the ACs only fire once per turn, the only reason you use a Jagermech is because you either had a bad RAT roll, or the Rifleman runs to gorram hot.

You won't find it in the RATs for the combine in Historical 3039, because they would have just captured that facility at that point.

However, look at the RATs for the combine in Era Report 3052, or Mechwarrior 2nd edition (both set closer to the clan invasion) and you'll find the Jagermech listed.

I imagine that the reason you don't see too many after the clan invasion is that the line might get phased out by something else further down the road. I imagine that, Like the Victor, the Jagermech was disdained as being an "enemy design", but during the rebuilding period after the war of 3039 and leading up to the clan invasion, the production of JM6-D and DD Jagers was instrumental in rebuilding the combine.

Kudos for doing the math with Historical 3039 though. I had started doing it myself a few months back but left it hanging. This saves me the time.

Edited by ice trey, 03 August 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#80 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

While the DC might have Jaegers and Victors, these are more of a signature mech to the FedSuns.
It's more fun to keep the mechs a bit more seperated and not make 70% of the mechs used to all factions in such sale to keep up the uniqueness of the factions.

And I guess the Raven is more of a Cap mech, but DC and Cap had worked together against the newly created FedCom with Marik to stand a chance and might have traded the Raven design.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users