#21 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostMizeur, on 06 August 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

D
Losing heat sinks didn't used to affect heat threshold or dissipation. When did that change?

I don't know, but if someone takes out the LT of my WHK-Prime (4x CERLL, 1x CLRM10, Targetting Comp Mk.V), it begins to get rather toasty even on just the two ERLL. Naturally, it was worse with the ERPPC's.

#22 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

1. Play only IS lights or in huge groups until the good Clan stuff comes online for Cbills.
2. Buy the good Clan stuff.
4. Profit.

Edited by Modo44, 06 August 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#23 JigglyMoobs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostBilbo, on 06 August 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Doesn't happen then I guess. I don't take either. 3 times through my weapons groups is all it takes, though.

OK, builds or it's just epeen. :(

#24 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 06 August 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

OK, builds or it's just epeen. :(

2 ll, ac/20, 3ASRM4.

#25 Vox Scorpus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOn my mech - reloading my guns.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

Hit and run hit and run ! And watch the minimap (or use comms) so you can try some tactics. Stay under cover - they're lrms are an advantage. But OP said it pretty good. They have a long range advantage. Get in under that and you're now on a more equal footing.
They can be beat - just played in Tourmaline and won 12 -5. Team stayed under cover and sniped them while a group right flanked em and brawled. And here is what won - the other sniping half of our team knew when to move up and hit them just after we did. Caused confusion and they lost the initiative. Not easy to do but it will work!

#26 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostMizeur, on 06 August 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

D
Losing heat sinks didn't used to affect heat threshold or dissipation. When did that change?

That has been the case for over a year at least. I know it was true when I first started.

#27 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostBilbo, on 06 August 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

2 ll, ac/20, 3ASRM4.

Atlas?

#28 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Well here's another video from yesterday on Forest Colony. Yes these types of rolls happen a lot with this build:

Same on Crimson on the group queue, al beit with the help of some very competent teammates:

Actually this build is causing me to rethink my stance on whether Clans are OP vs inner sphere. If you look at this build:

TBR-C Gauss + 5 Clan ER ML + CAP + Mk II Targeting Comp

And compare it with the Classic AS7-RS 4xLL Gauss;

It's got the exact same firepower, the exact same range, except its 5 clan er ML put out less heat, have no ghost heat, and have a faster firing rate, at the cost of .3 s longer burn time.

So now, you've got more firepower than that classic Atlas had before the ghost heat nerf, but in a platform that runs 89 kph, has jump jets, with higher weapons mounts, and no side torso Gauss mount vulnerability!!! It's pretty good.

When you brawl with this thing, the "brawl" actually can start with full powered laser burns at 450 m, and even if you get up close, it has 11.7, near pinpoint dps available for almost 30 seconds, but the lasers are so accurate, that you don't need even close to that amount of time to cripple any mech in the game. You don't get that out of any IS mech. The only thing holding this build back is spotty hit reg sometimes with the lasers.

I will have to experiment more against tougher opponents in the group queues, but on the solo queue, and against average groups in the group queue, this thing is melting through people like a hot knife through warm butter.

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 06 August 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#29 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, the S pods have mostly been the biggest problem with the T-Wolf.

#30 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:20 AM

What do you do when the clan mech isn't piloted by an idiot?

I

#31 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 07 August 2014 - 01:20 AM, said:

What do you do when the clan mech isn't piloted by an idiot?

I

Close in on them. Using terrain has been my biggest asset against them.

During this latest clan vs IS test (I only got 2 matches in), when I was telling people to close with them, most players didn't get that. Some even said "but their lasers will hit you at close range!". Yes, but they will over heat quickly, and you can beat them up.

First match I was playing as clans, and we got our faces caved in (we won 12-4, but almost every mech we had was only held together by tissue paper and spit), because the IS players LRMed us to no end (It was Tourmaline), and they used their 2 ECM mechs rather well. After some long range shots being traded, and softening up on both sides, they charged us from F6-D6 Mostly using terrain as cover. Until they closed in on us, and the terrain really helped them.

They should have rolled us, but 3 of their mechs were busy trying to kill the KFX who suicided into the middle of their formation to draw fire from them. Allowing us to have better focus fire than them.

It was a great match all in all (first death happened after 4-5 minutes into the match).

The second match I was in my Protector (it runs cooler than my K, with 2MLs instead of 4 and 2SRM6s instead of SRM4s). Crimson Strait. I asked people to stick to the urban locations on the top of the map to force the clan mechs into CQC.

It paid off. The match ended with us winning 12-8, I however, had a less than stellar performance, when I filed to follow my own advice, and over-exposed my mech to a quad gauss shot that took out my wrecked CT (2 DWFs were focusing me down at long range). I did get a headshot kill on a T-Wolf. I was both happy and seriously furious, since I was working him over for a good period of time, and after wearing down his armor, I get lucky with an Alpha into his cockpit! WTF!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users