• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

******************************************************************************************************************************

WELCOME TO THE GROG CORPS!

******************************************************************************************************************************

Unit Leaders
I am the Table
t Khrist

Posted Image

1.) Mission
  • To openly recruit any pilot willing to join our band of jolly Mechwarriors!
  • To entertain the masses by streaming game play @ http://twitch.tv/grog_corps.
  • NOTE: If you are looking for a group to drop Faction Play with, we may not be the unit for you. We still maintain the Grog Corps and will always welcome new members, but our drops, both Faction and Quickplay, are rather inconsistent these days. We do still play, we just can't guarantee it will be as often as someone is looking for. We have always been a very casual unit, but have really taken it to the next level lately. We are networked with a few other still active units on our Discord, and would be happy to introduce, and help pilots find a good group to drop with. If anything, please come and join us on our Discord server, it's pretty easy to stir up people to drop with :D.
==========================================================================

2.) About the Grog Corps
  • We are casual players who do not consider ourselves a competitive group, but do delve into competitive activities every so often. Above all however, we are in it for the fun, and the grog! Our group is based upon the players, not the game.
  • We are a mercenary unit who frequently switches Factions, typically alternating between IS and Clan contracts weekly. We also take requests from members as to which Factions we should align with.
  • The Grog Corps started out as a 2-man squad puggin' around and casually grouping with others, all the while having a beer or two. Eventually as technology allowed, we started to stream our game play, and quickly realized we needed something to call ourselves. Thus, the Grog Corps was born! Upon the announcement of Phase One of CW, we decided to take our little merc group to the next level, and began openly recruiting members. We play when we have time, but most frequently during weekday evenings and weekends eastern time. We run all mechs and builds: IS, Clans, cheese, meta, fun, we run them all. Our antics know no bounds so we're sure to entertain. At some point we found Discord, and the unit really took off from there. With a steady flow of new pilots for a few years now, the Grog has grown to far more than Table and tK ever expected. So that brings us to the present, still streaming, still gathering pilots, and still adding on to this story.
  • Feel free to read on if you want, and we invite you to check us out here on the forums, on YouTube, Twitter, and especially on Twitch. Discord as well, just ask for an invite!

3.) Requirements and How to Join
  • We welcome all pilots from beginners to veterans.
  • Our only requirement is that you stop by the Grog Discord server and say hi!
  • To get an invite to our Discord server if you are interested in becoming a member of the Grog Corps:

4.) Guidelines, Policies, and Such
  • Although the Grog Corps is an open, casual, and tolerant group, we follow all rules pertaining to MWO both on the forums, and in-game.
  • Our open policy refers to the fact that you can leave the group at any time, and also request to be invited to the group again at any time, regardless of affiliations you may have pledged allegiance to during your absence. We have no coffer donation requirements, so there's no fee to join the unit.
  • We do not hold scheduled practices, nor require our members to maintain any specified game play time. As we've mentioned, we are casual players who do not let the game trump our real world responsibilities. Any amount of time playing MWO, even just puggin' around, is considered practice to us.

5.) Ranking System
  • The Grog loosely follows the Clan Ranking System, with the lowest/smallest Officer Rank/squad being Star Leaders/Stars, and going up from there.
  • Ranks are given out on general basis with new members being assigned to an open slot in a Star. The Ranking System is as follows:
  • Grog Master General (Table)
  • Grog Master Brigadier General (tK)
  • Trinary Leader
  • Binary Leader
  • Star Leader
  • Grogger
  • Officers are given a unique title of their choosing.
  • These positions will be very informal and really what the members make of it.
  • There will be no assigned builds that everyone is expected to use, and no orders that are expected to be followed. Choice of how you play is still up to the individual.
  • Becoming an Officer requires two things, the will to do so, and the need for a new Officer. Since our structure is the continuous formation of Stars, every 5 new recruits we get, the need for another Officer will arise.
  • Our word is not law, and we intend to include everyone's ideas and wants in to the expansion of our group.
  • Orders are not absolute. We anticipate the demeanor on the battlefield to be as casual as hanging out with friends, with everyone working together towards having fun, and of course, stomping on enemy mechs!

**********************************************************************************************************

Edited by t Khrist, 14 May 2018 - 01:14 PM.

#2 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Hello and Welcome !!! ;)

#3 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

Forum signature - check
YouTube channel decked out (but no videos uploaded yet :D) - check
Twitch page doused in grog - accomplished
Twitter bird feeling it the next morning - you know it

Links to all of the above:

http://www.youtube.com/user/grogcorps
http://www.twitch.tv/grog_corps
https://twitter.com/grogcorps

Not sure when the next stream will be, but I can tell you it will only be a matter of days, and not weeks. We'll keep you posted.. in the meantime, let's get down to some good old fashioned forum fun. Anyone got a meme?

Edited by t Khrist, 09 August 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#4 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

Welcome to the Merc Hall and good luck with the recruitment! ;)

#5 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 05 August 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Welcome to the Merc Hall and good luck with the recruitment! :)

Thank you sir! We appreciate you stopping by, be sure to keep an eye on this thread to find out the next time we're Grogcasting. We will certainly do our best to reach our 12 player quota.

Edited by t Khrist, 19 August 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#6 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

Sounds good! :)

#7 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

We've been very pleased with the success of the Grog Corps so far. The original thread garnered more attention than we had anticipated and the few poor streams so far have proved to be quite humorous. Although viewership hasn't been as high as our first Grogcast (hit 12 viewers at one time!), there has been more consistency among our last couple streams. Our last cast we had the same three viewers for 90% of the 6+ hours we streamed for reaching a maximum of seven, as well as ample chat participation. It was a lot of fun and we were quite proud, especially because of the minimal amount of dead air. So don't miss the chance to drop by and say hi during our next Grogcast @ http://twitch.tv/grog_corps and stay tuned here for when we announce the next one!

Edited by t Khrist, 09 August 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#8 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:26 AM

Args Groggy bottoms up everyone! I am pleased, and saddened, at the same time to make the announcement for our next GrogCast! In light of our forgetting to press one button to archive our footage, (we lost all the great matches from last GrogCast :rolleyes: , including, but not limited to, great antics from both me and tkhrist [and Harey Carey showed up for you baseball fans ]) this next GrogCast will be...that's right...2x the GrogCast!! Yes!! 2x the crazy antics! 2x the Grog! 2x the Cast! 2x better than the daily double xp...which would make that 4x!! This next Cast of the Grog will be as seriously doubled as the mint in a stick of doublemint gum is! It's gonna knock the potatoes right out of your bags!!

- And to clarify, 2 challenges still stand, as of today:

At 10 viewers this Table will sing some William Hung for your ears to bleed over! Our previous high at once was 7 (not 12 tkihrist...unless I'm mistaken...but Willy hasn't been sung yet, and I don't remember having 12!

And as always if anyone has the urge to surge and thinks they can outsmart us Grogtards on a 2 vs 2, we gladly accept the challenge! Fate has chosen it!

So prepare yourself, this one is not for the weak at liver!! ^_^

-A real Table's table

#9 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

View PostI am the Table, on 06 August 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

Args Groggy bottoms up everyone! I am pleased, and saddened, at the same time to make the announcement for our next GrogCast! In light of our forgetting to press one button to archive our footage, (we lost all the great matches from last GrogCast ;) , including, but not limited to, great antics from both me and tkhrist [and Harey Carey showed up for you baseball fans ]) this next GrogCast will be...that's right...2x the GrogCast!! Yes!! 2x the crazy antics! 2x the Grog! 2x the Cast! 2x better than the daily double xp...which would make that 4x!! This next Cast of the Grog will be as seriously doubled as the mint in a stick of doublemint gum is! It's gonna knock the potatoes right out of your bags!!

- And to clarify, 2 challenges still stand, as of today:

At 10 viewers this Table will sing some William Hung for your ears to bleed over! Our previous high at once was 7 (not 12 tkihrist...unless I'm mistaken...but Willy hasn't been sung yet, and I don't remember having 12!

And as always if anyone has the urge to surge and thinks they can outsmart us Grogtards on a 2 vs 2, we gladly accept the challenge! Fate has chosen it!

So prepare yourself, this one is not for the weak at liver!! :D

-A real Table's table

Wow Table! That all sounds very exciting, and all adds up to double the entertainment. I can't wait! Stay tuned for the best MS Paint flyer you've ever seen announcing the next cast. And I believe our very first stream we topped out at 12, which was before the Hung rules inception. I could be mistaken though.. I blame being groggy.

Edit:

After consulting with our Twitch channel statistics, the actual amount for total viewers at one time was 8.

Edited by t Khrist, 19 August 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#10 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

August update post:

http://mwomercs.com/...oll-out/unread/

What an exciting month August is going to be. Seems like we won't need the full 12 people in order to make a home for the Grog Corps somewhere in the IS, but still, we are recruiting and of course continuing the Grogcast's. Table will be starting the flyer soon but still have yet to pick a date.

Edited by t Khrist, 09 August 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#11 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

We got some nice shots today to use for our flyer and I thought I'd post some leftover mech p*rn. Here's a pretty cool shot of the cheese Jager we needed for the mock-up:

Posted Image

Also here are some leftovers from Tables Partycrow photoshoot:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

o7 from the Phantom Scorpions! May your recruitment go well.

#13 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostWill9761, on 08 August 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

o7 from the Phantom Scorpions! May your recruitment go well.

o7 to you too sir! Thanks for the bump and the luck on recruiting. Checked out the Scorpion's website, looked pretty cool.

See you on the battlefield!

#14 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

How is everyone this evening? Oh me? I'm great because in just a few short hours Table and I will be streaming live @ twitch.tv/grog_corps with our next official Grogcast! And don't be fooled my friends, this is no ordinary stream, it is the extra special 2x event! See Table's above post for details. We're looking to start shortly after 7:00 PM eastern so come join us for some fun and shenanigans!

Edit:

Due to an extended absence of a key role in the Grogcast, we will be pushing back the start time to 8:00 pm eastern.

Please do us the pleasure of stopping by to say hi!

Edited by t Khrist, 09 August 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#15 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

Last call for first call everyone! Grog Corps 2x the Grog event will be underway in a few short minutes! So grab your grog and double down! Here is our very own JagerGrogger doubling himself! What power!

#16 IStoleThisMech

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAtlas' Left Eye

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

Hey guys! I'm looking for some friends to play with and I share your love of beer and giant mechs, so I figured it'd be a good match, amirite?
btw, great stream.

#17 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostIStoleThisMech, on 09 August 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Hey guys! I'm looking for some friends to play with and I share your love of beer and giant mechs, so I figured it'd be a good match, amirite?
btw, great stream.

Congratulations to IStoleThisMech on becoming the newest member of the Grog Corps!

We had some great matches last night grouping with Stole, he joined us on the stream for quite awhile. I'd have to say they were probably the best matches streamed so far. Thanks to everyone who peeked in to check it out and we'll see you next time!

We'll be editing highlights today so be sure to swing by our Twitch channel @ http://twitch.tv/grog_corps and check them out.

Edited by t Khrist, 10 August 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#18 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

I cannot wait for the next Grogcast! Join the Grog Corps, we have fun.

Edited by t Khrist, 19 August 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#19 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

We have decided upon the title of our next Grogcast, though not a date yet. So prepare yourselves for.. The Barn Burner! Things will be heating up next stream; we are planning big and exciting things. The antics will be scorching so watch out for post containing the details as to when it will be.

There's a possibility that this Friday the 15th will be the next stream. If not, then it will not be until the following weekend. Look at it this way though, that will just give us more time to come up with ways to entertain you!

Also, keep a lookout for The Barn Burner flyer coming soon! The image we're whipping up in Photoshop is going to be a true masterpiece, I can't wait to post it.

As always you will be able to find the stream @ http://twitch.tv/grog_corps, and you can always find us on twitter @ http://twitter.com/grogcorps.

Don't forget that the Grog Corps is recruiting! Don't be the only pilot regretting your hesitation to become a part of MWO's slowest growing mercenary unit, especially with the first phase of Community Warfare right around the corner. Leave a post, or check out our stream to get details about becoming an official member (there's really isn't much of a process, basically you can leave the group whenever you wish, and joining is as simple as saying you want to :wub:).

Edited by t Khrist, 19 August 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#20 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

Thanks to the devs for releasing the details about the upcoming unit registration.

Of course this Sunday Table and I will be officially signing up the Grog Corps. We are always recruiting, so if you're looking for a laid back group experience, you've come to the right place! Join the Grog Corps today.

Upon the release of Phase One we will be setting up our ranking system. Currently, the details are still being worked on. This is especially due to our creative limitations being unknown until CW: phase one's release. Expect to see rank titles posted in the near future!

Edited by t Khrist, 14 August 2014 - 03:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users