Kai Allard-Liao, Battletech's Chuck Norris.

27 replies to this topic

#1 Melissia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

Kai Allard-Liao is enough of a badass that, when trapped behind enemy lines, injured, protecting his pacifist non-combatant lover, without a 'mech... the Clans believed that the only way they could have a fair fight is if they sent fifty Elementals after him.

No, I'm not making that up.

So what else can he do? Let's see what the forum can come up with! I'll start it off.

When Kai Allard-Liao shaves, his trimmings are secretly taken and mixed in to drinks of other mechwarriors as a form of safe steroid. This is why Victor Steiner-Davion was able to win the FedCom Civil War.

Kai Allard-Liao cannot actually die-- death is afraid to come after him. So if he ever decides to go to the afterlife, he simply walks right up through the front gate (after all, if it was closed he'd just break through it anyway).

Kai Allard-Liao doesn't drink beer often, but when he does, he drinks Dos Equis with Nectar of the Greek Gods mixed in. When none is available, he walks up to Mount Olympus and wrestles Zeus into submission then takes his share.

#2 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

Units killed by Kai Allard-Liao are not listed as K.I.A., but as KAI.

To steal a old post about the Nova Cats coin toss trial:

Kai Allard-Liao bets edge on a coin toss, and wins entire worlds.

#3 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

View PostMelissia, on 19 November 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

Kai Allard-Liao is enough of a badass that, when trapped behind enemy lines, injured, protecting his pacifist non-combatant lover, without a 'mech... the Clans believed that the only way they could have a fair fight is if they sent fifty Elementals after him.

Oh, really? I can not wait to tell this to every single Clanner, which says about how good they are and how do they want to do everything with honor. And to tell a joke (which this entire thread is based on, even though I disagree with it as Liao):

Kai Allard-Liaos Centurion is a disquised Urbie. No way a normal Centurion will be able to be so cool. :)

#4 Melissia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

Actually the clans were saying that in order to honor Kai's skill... after he had beaten an elemental in one-on-one hand to hand combat, unarmed, while injured. He then fell off of a cliff and got back up to lead the clanners to defeat the ComStar presence and retake the world (Alyina) after Primus Myndo Waterly began Operation Scorpion... during which he was respected so greatly one of the elementals let him use their power armor, which he used to great effect.

Kai needs no 'mech to be a badass. 'Mechs need Kai. Kai's only weakness is himself and his own self-doubt.

Edited by Melissia, 20 November 2011 - 04:38 AM.

#5 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

Kai - +3 Combat, +3 Initiative, +3 Mech Roundhouse Kick attack

Whenever clans hear they are bidding to compete against Kai, they bid no less than a Galaxy in hopes of making it fair.

#6 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

The real reason Victor became the face of the combine IS forces was that every time Kai tried to bid the clanners would respond. "Oh F this, I bid EVERYTHING!"

Kai was/is my favorite BT character and i often wish/dream about scenarios where the Falcons actually take him a bondsmen :)

#7 Bianca Flowers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

yeah, Kai earned his rep. He first really comes to the clans' attention when he destroyed an entire cluster in a damaged Hatchetman.

He won a 'trial of position' as part of the training for the house scions on Outreach, taking down 5 mechs and coming very, very close to taking down 6. No one has done that well, ever. considering his opponents included Hanse Davion, Justin Allard, and Jaime Wolf, its reven more impressive.

later he wiped out 2 stars to extricate Victor Steiner-Davion from a trap meant to kill him....which is what got him stranded in the first place.

Kai of course has the true ultimate advantage: The Writers are on His Side

#8 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

If Kai was at Tukayyid Comstar wouldn't have needed the comguard.

#9 Mercurial

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

I know this is only tangentially related, but I'm re-reading the old clan trilogy as well.

I, personally, vote that Ragnar Mathusson is the new Butters.

#10 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Pfft - Kai dang near got himself killed bringing down an Elemental hand-to-hand. Phelan Kell did the job without looking at the Elemental!

However, Kai is certainly very badass - after all, he uses Yen-Lo-Wang, the god of death, as a weapon!

#11 Melissia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

Phelan also had the benefit of not being already weakened and injured, however.

#12 Gorthaur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

View PostMelissia, on 20 November 2011 - 04:37 AM, said:

Actually the clans were saying that in order to honor Kai's skill... after he had beaten an elemental in one-on-one hand to hand combat, unarmed, while injured. He then fell off of a cliff and got back up to lead the clanners to defeat the ComStar presence and retake the world (Alyina) after Primus Myndo Waterly began Operation Scorpion... during which he was respected so greatly one of the elementals let him use their power armor, which he used to great effect.

this is why i cant stand stackpole.... its like he writes crappy action movies. and how does a normal sized human pilot an elemental when elemental pilots are bred to be twice the height of a regular human and twice the bulk so they can pilot the damn thing?

#13 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

View Postirishwarrior, on 20 November 2011 - 10:54 AM, said:

Pfft - Kai dang near got himself killed bringing down an Elemental hand-to-hand. Phelan Kell did the job without looking at the Elemental!

View PostMelissia, on 20 November 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Phelan also took the Elemental out in zero-g, negating much of the Elemental's advantages.

Kai did it much more equal terms.

Like a boss.

#14 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 20 November 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

Phelan also took the Elemental out in zero-g, negating much of the Elemental's advantages.

Kai did it much more equal terms.

Like a boss.

I didn't mean the zero-g fight - I mean when, on Rasalhague, he was beating the crap out of Vlad, and Evantha tried to restrain him from behind. Without even looking at her, he knocked her silly

#15 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

Kai Allard-Liao is a wuss, the Bounty Hunter easily abducted him.

And then there's Phelan Kell, he conquered a entire world with just a ceremonial mask.

#16 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Kai Allard Liao broke both his legs when he had to eject saving Victor Steiner-Davion on Alyina - then walked it off.

#17 CaveMan

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIn a leather flying cap and goggles

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

Kai Allard-Liao slept with Bill Brasky's wife, and Bill thanked him for the privilege.

#18 Xhaleon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:21 AM

But if Kai was that good, what does that mean for Justin?

You will gain 50 Internet points if you can understand and respond cryptically to the following:
For Sommerlund and the Kai

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:41 AM

View PostMelissia, on 20 November 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Well, apparently the Battle Armor is adjustable. as not all Elementals are the same size. However your question does stand, as unless Kai is as tall as Yao Ming... he is very very short for an Elemental Phenotype.

#20 SquareSphere

• 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

Kai doesn't need anti air support, he just looks ups and the ASF figure there are easier targets to be found.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users