Patch 1.3.311 Is Live!

134 replies to this topic

#121 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:36 AM

Hurray for the weapon visuals update! Do the Locust next! D= SRM4 shows up as SRM6, not sure what else.

#122 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

@ Piper... They said the 19th.

#123 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostBelorion, on 06 August 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

@ Piper... They said the 19th.

NEED MORE INFO! MORE! MORE! (and I've searched the forums, I can't find where you found that information.) And yes, I know they have the posts on unit creation and merc corps creation. Does the former override the latter? If so, do 'units' include merc, loyalist, and clan units, or just loyalist units? Do we still buy our own dropships? If we invest in our own dropships as merc corps, do we get to use the mechs we want, or the mechs PGI wants us to use? Will PGI embrace canon for my Wolfs Dragoons, or ignore it? Etc...

#124 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

How can they claim lots of new content when it doesn't really add to the gameplay at all? Just some more mech variances and new callout from betty which should have been added at the very beginning.

Lets see how this patch fails by breaking something else.

#125 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostBlack Rabbit of Inle, on 06 August 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

Grndel408

That is because of some amazing (no sarcasm I am actually quite impressed!) following of obscure cannon

and I quote Sarna

"Three and a half tons of armor provide some measure of protection, although most pilots agree that speed is the best defense. The unique armor alignment on the front of the is what gave the 'Mech it's name. This spiderweb pattern is further emphasized by a bright red fiberglass sealant in the seams between armor plates"

Okay... I'll give them that. It's just the red contrasts my Hellblau blue paint soooo much LOL! :(

#126 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostDustySkunk, on 05 August 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

I had no idea this existed. Would love to see a touch more detail in the subcategories but this is great. Is it updated often?

In case what I'm about to copy here from my own forums does not come across, right, you should be able to see it all by clicking the following link... http://www.wolvesau....=2&t=826#p11805 .

It's much easier to use the facilities here in the forum for ordered and unordered lists, so that's why this latest installment of state of the game is being placed here, instead of in a blog posting.

First, I need to note that the following things have been removed and/or reassigned since March 2014:
  • Mercenary Life
  • Mercenary Unit Life
  • Logistics
  • Assets
  • Association (all of these have been moved from various parts of The Plan)
Second, the following things have further been removed and/or reassigned since May 2014:
  • Launch Module Phase 2
  • Role Warfare Enhancements (I believe this last one has simply been renamed 'Mech Efficiency Revamp)
Third, those things being covered, let's get started on the progress of things you can find at The Plan, and the progress numbers I come by are delineated from The Plan from March, 2014, and Unit Update (May 2014). Note that the percentages produced by PGI MAY BE estimates of progress, and that these estimates can change from day-to-day, due to setbacks and surges in progress. All-in-all, this report is fairly encouraging.
  • Community Warfare 71% (up from 48 in May)
    • UI 2.0 100%
    • Game Modes 65% (no change since March)
      • Attack/Defend 30%
        • Bases 45% (Turrets 100%, DropShip 20%, Structures 17%
        • Respawn 15%
      • Skirmish 100%
    • Metagame 56% (up from 33 in March)
      • Loyalty Points 50%
      • Player Level 20% (no change since March)
      • Achievements 100%
    • Inner Sphere War Component 15% (no change since March)
      • Contracts 15%
      • Front Warfare 15%
      • Planetary Warfare 15%
      • Economics 15%
      • Factions 15%
    • Launch Module Phase One 100% (up from 41 in March)
    • Modules 80% (up from 48 in March)
      • Weapon 100%
      • Revamp 60% (up from 20 in March)
    • Mercenary Units Phase One 56% (up from 33 in May)
      • Unit Creation 60%
      • Mercenary Unit UI 60%
      • Unit Management 50%
  • The Clans 100% (up from 50 in May)
  • Maps 45%
    • Swamp 30%
    • 'Mech Factory 60%
  • Backlog 11% (the below-listed items are all moved from other sections as of late-July 2014)
    • First-Time User Experience 5% (no change since March)
    • Command Wheel 20% (up from 5 in May)
    • Voice over IP 5% (no change since March)
    • BattleMech Efficiency Revamp 10% (down from 25 in March; new course of action?)
    • UI 2.X 15% (new)
      • Edit in 'Mech Detail Screen (Smurfy's) 15% (no change since May)
I will attempt to keep this updated once per month in the AU forums, but my time is usually at a premium, so don't count on it.

#127 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

seriously tho...why do Spider MGs look like Clan MGs???

#128 Warchicken

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

I've been kicked to mwo login screen, three times now today. Even after the hotfix, whatever you tried to do to give us better ping it didn't work this time.

#129 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostTvrdoglavi, on 05 August 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

The start of the post mentions something about plenty of new content. I don't see any.
Mechs and cockpit items are not content. Maps, and game modes are content.

The content I would like to see:

-Maps
-Game Modes
-Clan vs IS matches and CW
-Weapon Convergence
-New Mech Quirks/Weapon Modules
-Actual bug fixes (..including stuff like "shaking when descending after JJ use")

EDIT: "The Plan" actually looks quite useful! No idea that existed! But, here's a few thingies then;

-UI2.0 is at 100%? They still have a long way to go to make it faster and more insightful.

-Weapon Modules also at 100%? So only lame range-increase modules? Nothing worth spending C-bills on then..

Edited by Willothius, 07 August 2014 - 03:21 AM.

#130 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

View PostWillothius, on 07 August 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

-UI2.0 is at 100%? They still have a long way to go to make it faster and more insightful.

-Weapon Modules also at 100%? So only lame range-increase modules? Nothing worth spending C-bills on then..
I think THEIR 100%, and I'm not trying to make excuses for PGI or white knight, here, but their number is for implementation of the overall. Even PGI have said there will be tweaks here and there to various things, and that would only make sense if their percentages in The Plan were only for successful implementation of the module they've added. Only in the past couple of days has it been said that they're looking at range increases for extant weapon modules, and though they have UI 2.X on the back burner, it is 15% complete, and I believe those are the fixes you're likely looking for. UI 2.0, as it is, now, is pleasing to the eye, and it has the functionality that's absolutely necessary, if clunky in parts, to allow you to do everything you're supposed to be able to do to succeed in the game to the best of your ability. So, the implementation is complete, it's successful if, again, clunky, hence the 100%.

#131 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

Actually, PGI established back when they were preparing to introduce weapon modules that they intended the levels to potentially go as high as 5.

That said, I find it extremely unlikely that they would implement a module system with multiple weapon module slots without intending to offer weapon modules outside the '+range' group- and again the posts made by the team when they were preparing to introduce weapon modules indicate similarly that they plan to eventually add other types of weapon module.

#132 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

Who needs new maps or game play with they tell us that Mechs (for MC) and {LT-MOB-25} pit items are all the "new Content" we need.

#133 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostWarchicken, on 06 August 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

I've been kicked to mwo login screen, three times now today. Even after the hotfix, whatever you tried to do to give us better ping it didn't work this time.

Have you

(1) run the repair tool to see if the patch broke anything? (gear tool on login screen)
(2) if that doesn't work, submit a support ticket with a DXDiag and Omicron log attached

Good luck with resolution.

#134 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostWillothius, on 07 August 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

The content I would like to see:

-Maps
-Game Modes
-Clan vs IS matches and CW
-Weapon Convergence
-New Mech Quirks/Weapon Modules
-Actual bug fixes (..including stuff like "shaking when descending after JJ use")

EDIT: "The Plan" actually looks quite useful! No idea that existed! But, here's a few thingies then;

Yes, UI2.0 is at 100%, however there is also UI2.X listed which one would assume involves the updates, fixes, and changes they will make to UI2.0.

44 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users