#1 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:09 AM

Hi All,

Middle aged mechwarrior looking for a new group here. I've been a serious mechwarrior since Mechwarrior 2 (loved the Ghost bear legacy expansion - which is why I'm here).

Fairly long history tracked back through Mech4 ISW, NBT leagues and MSN Gaming Zone (Mech3 :-)). Most recently a long stint with Wolf Spiders Mercenaries in various player run MWO leagues including ISW and RHoD, however due to a new baby in the family I had to scale down my position from (originally company commander) down to Mechwarrior (although lance leader/drop commander where required). Due to lack of activity within Wolf Spiders I'm now looking for some new MWO action.

Looking for a Casual group that won't kick me out for my limited play time but just a place I can log in find lots of guys on TS3 and have a laugh whilst conquering a few planets in the meantime, hoping Ghost Bear can help me out.

In summary, 30 year old, experienced mechwarrior with lance and drop command experience, looking for a new team due to lack of activity through old merc corps, owned clan mechs are summoners and will be buying some kitfoxes with Cbills on cbill release versions, casual play with a competitive streak, want to be a Ghost bear, can you help?

One proviso, if you take me I have a bit of baggage that is my brother also enjoys MWO with a team (currently Roboute Carter on the forums but he's looking for a name change), he also has a good track history with Wolf Spiders but also in the NBT leagues with Northwind Highlanders as a Mechwarrior.

All the best,
Blackfang

#2 Seththebest

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

Hello Blackfang,

We would love to have you and your brother in Clan Ghost Bear. Please go to http://ghost-bear-co...d.com/index.php and register for our website and then fill out an application ( click on "CLICK HERE TO APPLY"). Once you send in an application a member of the Clan Council will contact you with TS info.

Look forward to dropping with you,
Seththebest

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

Hey there BlackFang

Sounds like CGB is right up your alley. Being the only Clan that understands family, we know that family must come first. Playing a game is secondary. I myself have two kids and find some weeks I get to hop on only a few drops a day, if I am lucky. You play when you can.

As Seth said, head over to out page, sign up and then fill out an application. Someone usually gets back to you within a couple hours.

Look forward to dropping with you. Have a good one.

#4 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

Thanks guys appreciate it. There is one thing more thing that I'd like to discuss with you but probably best left to be over TS3 comms. Look forward to dropping with you soon...Dossier submitted.

BF.

Edited by Blackfang, 08 August 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#5 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

Cheers guys, got a few drops in with some of the guys last night, baby boy woke up for a feed (10 week old) so had to disappear earlier than I'd hoped.

#6 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

View PostBlackfang, on 10 August 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

Cheers guys, got a few drops in with some of the guys last night, baby boy woke up for a feed (10 week old) so had to disappear earlier than I'd hoped.

Happens. Glad you enjoyed your drops on our comms.

#7 Diznitch

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hey guys my story is a lot like the OP and so I am considering an application with you guys, but I wanted to understand how the relationship with mechs (IS vs Clan) and the Ghost Bear clan works. e.g. do you only drop with Clan mechs? As it is allowed to mix IS/Clan at the moment, do you guys ever do that? I have quite a few mechs and have been playing about 1 year, but I never played TT and so I don't know the lore well at all ... and am not sure how strict you guys are with the lore and drops/groups/etc. Am I making sense? :) Thanks!

#8 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostDiznitch, on 05 September 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Hey guys my story is a lot like the OP and so I am considering an application with you guys, but I wanted to understand how the relationship with mechs (IS vs Clan) and the Ghost Bear clan works. e.g. do you only drop with Clan mechs? As it is allowed to mix IS/Clan at the moment, do you guys ever do that? I have quite a few mechs and have been playing about 1 year, but I never played TT and so I don't know the lore well at all ... and am not sure how strict you guys are with the lore and drops/groups/etc. Am I making sense? :) Thanks!

Hey. You drop with what you got, quiaff? We have members who only have Inner Sphere chassis and that is what they prefer. If the pilot wants to use second-line technology from the Star League. Fine by me. See we do a bit of lore stuff with the quiaff and the neg. You can learn and use it, or just drop. As long as you are looking for a good place to call home in MWO, CGBI is a good choice. We will help you out, and bring out your skills. We are active at almost all times of the day. We are fairly laid back in the snow, chill. Do not get that mistake that though. We also have a mighty touman, and a skilled Competitive team.

All you have to do is register on the site, apply with an application. They are separate as we have some warriors on our site who hail from other Clans or are Inner Sphere scum there to set up trials. ;) An Officer will get with you and set you up with our TS3.

Skill and honour trothkin.

Edited by CoffiNail, 05 September 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#9 Thorrock

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAustralia / Mackay

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

hello all,

Thor'rock here,
im an Australian player n i am looking to join a group or clan or guild what ever it is on here lol.
i try to play when i can, but its tough being a single father of 2.

i like Clan Wolf n Scorpion clans but i do not mind the others
im not the greatest player but i have to start somewhere hey lol
its tough for me to use TS or vent since my kids n i sleep in the same here as the computer so yeah,
let me know what u people think, Message if u like what u see here

My fav mech so far Timberwolf

#10 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

While we do require TS for entry, and it is an invaluable tool, no it is not needed daily. Though we do have people with headsets who listen but do not always talk, which is the most important part.

And as for the time zone, we have several players in the same time zone as you, and we get more every week, so you should never be dropping alone.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users