Petition To Nerf Lrms

606 replies to this topic

#41 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:01 AM

I guess the starter of the thread did not see the last LRMgeddon,that was horrible,and the nerfhammer struck.Nowadays LRMs are still useful and somewhat easy to avoid.

If every weaponsystem gets nerfed or made useless,well be shooting each other with small lasers and flamers in 6 months.

#42 Bromineberry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

The biggest problem with LRM is the flight path imho. Many cliffs and terrain parts don't grant you cover, because the LRM are comming in quite steep. As long as one can't hide behind a high building there is no real cover.

The real problem I see is, again, the implementation of ECM in this game. In nearly every pug game, the team without ECM (or an ECM mech that stays far awy from the rest of the team to "snipe" with its 2 ER-LL, doing like 60 dmg at the end of the round) loses most of the time, if the other team has ECM and LRMS. ECM is so important for balancing the games, it should be considered by the matchmaker...

#43 Tharnes

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:19 AM

View PostBromineberry, on 10 August 2014 - 05:17 AM, said:

The biggest problem with LRM is the flight path imho. Many cliffs and terrain parts don't grant you cover, because the LRM are comming in quite steep. As long as one can't hide behind a high building there is no real cover.

Agree, all LRM should fly about 50-100 meter straight before getting angled. And the angle itself should only be half as steep.

Edited by Tharnes, 10 August 2014 - 05:20 AM.

#44 Tamas

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

Nerf everything. Hope AC get nerfed after LRM are.

Edited by Tamas, 10 August 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#45 Orkhepaj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

just remove lrm
it makes the game so booring and frustrating
1-2 seconds spot and you have to run for cover ,which most maps dont support at all

#46 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

I wouldn't mind lurms if cover worked 100% of the time, or they were used as intended to soften armor and not completely blind/obliterate players in seconds, or if they didn't hit legs, or....

Yeah lurms are still a bit off.

#47 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

LRMs need their impulse lowered for certain.

They should not shake you three times worse than AC20s.

#48 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

Possible solution could be to change the angle of attack on the actual missile itself. I can see the clan missiles have a high angle of attack and even when hiding behind a large building or cliff you still take some damage sometimes.

Just a thought.

Looks like this was already discussed sorry for the double post on it.

Edited by Celtic Warrior, 10 August 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#49 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostExodus23, on 09 August 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

One idea could be to make missile locks similar to MW4. The locks themselves locked on for a while, even when not looking at the 'Mech, but required a solid 15-20 seconds of direct visual sight on the 'Mech to actually acquire the lock.

No, they could lock within 5 seconds. They also didn't require you to keep lock, if I remember correctly. Fire and forget.

View Postlockwoodx, on 10 August 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind lurms if cover worked 100% of the time, or they were used as intended to soften armor and not completely blind/obliterate players in seconds, or if they didn't hit legs, or....

Yeah lurms are still a bit off.

Cover does work 100% of the time...if you're in cover. Facehug that building, it will work. That is, if you chose a building that is as high as your mech is.

Not to mention...LRMs ARE designed to destroy targets. Why the heck wouldn't they be? So are MGs, ACs, PPCs and every other weapon in the game...Flamer aside.

#50 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

only thing that needs changed for LRM's is to remove linked targeting from them. So if you dont have some special equipment then you cant get missle lock on others targets.

#51 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

Completely agree to reduce impulse, a couple clan missiles or LRM5 hitting at a time shouldn't cause more rocking than getting hit by an AC2.

As far as the other nerfs, don't agree at all. I have one LRM-heavy loadout, JM6-A with ALRM15x3, and have about the same dmg per match and K/D ratio as a JM6-S with 2AC10 loadout. IMHO missiles are about right where they are. I get toasted by PPC, Gauss, and ERLL's much more than pounded by missiles. About the only time they are more than an annoyance is when I want to brawl against an enemy mech who is temptingly sitting out in the open... but has buddies with LRMs over the hill behind him, but I have none.

#52 B E E L Z E B U B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 384 posts
  • LocationTopsy Turvy Town

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

i dont think lurms should be nerfed, however i do think they need to be resricted.
something along the lines of no more than 90 LRMs per team.

#53 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Just came out of a game on canyon, in a jenner , scouting forward of team about 200m and get lrm incoming warning.
I act accordingly and get to cover, my cover is atleast 4 times the height of my jenner, lrms clip through top of cover and core me outright.
Lrms are ignoring cover a lot of the time i have noticed, this is a problem.

Also LRM's simply recycle way too fast, AC20 has a 4 second recycle for one shell, LRM20 has a 4.75 second recycle for 20 missiles, that makes no sense at all.
Further absurdity when say a missile hardpoint has fixed 10 tubes and you put an LRM20 in there, it fires 2 salvos of 10 with no cooldown between the salvos, when really it should have the recycle of and LRM10 between salvos.
TBH if a hardpoint has a fixed number of tubes, say 10, then only and LRM10 should be able to be equipped there.

I don't think nerfing LRMs into being useless would help the game at all, but some realistic restrictions need to be placed on them, they benefit from free shared targeting and indirect fire with no risk of exposure and the lowest base skill required to use them.

#54 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostKHETTI, on 10 August 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Just came out of a game on canyon, in a jenner , scouting forward of team about 200m and get lrm incoming warning.
I act accordingly and get to cover, my cover is atleast 4 times the height of my jenner, lrms clip through top of cover and core me outright.

You know what this means? You weren't in cover.

Though, if you feel it's true, go send PGI a ticket.

#55 Orkhepaj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 10 August 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

it means you are an arrogant elitist *******

most map dont offer much cover vs lrm , and imho thats not a map design problem but lrm being imba

#56 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

whine whine nerf nerf

Story of every weapon in the freaking game.

Even the flamer at some point, when you could keep people perma-shutdown with it I suspect.

If you die consistently to LRMs, you're bad. Sorry, that's the truth.

I'll grant it does need to have screenshake nerfed but that's it.

#57 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 10 August 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

I can assure you i was very much in cover, otherwise this game has a massive desync problem that shows you, you are in one place but actually 200-300 meters away from what you see, making this game utterly non-functional.

#58 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

View PostMorritse, on 09 August 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

So many things wrong with what you've said. Now obviously a good LRM team will loose to an good direct fire team. But guess what? 90% of the drops in this game are not one coordinated team against the other. In normal matches, with small groups or solo queue, LRMs tend to do better than direct fire.

Theres a reason they arent used in competetive play but are used so much more elsewhere. Because they're good against uncoordinated players.

Solo players need to learn how to coordinate as a team. Someone taking command and the rest following orders is a good first step.

#59 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Please PGI, increase the speed of LRMs, make it double and I will buy Daishi with hard cash.

#60 Dreddex

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBehind you, critting your back

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

I expected more LRM in solo queue, but it's not limited to that unfortunately. Solo queue the majority of games seem to be more lrm than anything else. Group queue isn't always as bad and thankfully most groups know how to counter these lrm dominant teams and it often leads to more wins than losses against lrm.

But to the OP, I do agree LRM deserves a good long look at once they figure out the balancing issues they are working on now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users