Jump to content

Hunchback 4G 2014 Build


59 replies to this topic

#41 William Knight

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:36 AM

At the ELP we like to use them as fringe fighters.

When working in pairs they can punch well above their weight.

#42 Theallmightyevil

    Member

  • Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

Hunchie 4G was the first Mech I purchased and it still works for me.

I have to say I do more damage using the 4P with 6ML and 2LL or the 4J (which is basically my lazy C-Bill-farming Mech) but I get more fun out of the 4G.

It's all about Orbiting heavier Mechs and not drawing too much aggro doing some flanking runs from time to time. Hugging an ECM Atlas always leads to really bad surprises for the enemy team :ph34r: .

And I also find the Hunchie to be quite durable for a medium especially with the great torso-twist it has. The only Mechs I fear are Spiders - when there's no wall nearby to back up against :P

#43 Gremlich Johns

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

Yea, Hunchies.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 08 September 2014 - 01:00 PM.


#44 Gremlich Johns

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostBromineberry, on 11 August 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:


I'm sorry, but you're just running an unefficient loadout. Why?

1.: You're not using Ferro Fibrus, and thus wasting one ton.
2.: You're wasting tonnage on Heatsinks.

Your build has a sustained DPS rate of 4.55. With a 250 engine, you'll reach 4.46 sustainable DPS. That's just 2% (!) less. But the STD offers you a gain of 12,5 kph and, at least as important as the additional speed, a 14deg/s increaded yaw speed. This really, REALLY helps you, to protect the hunch. And the trade of 1 medium laser to a small one is acceptable for what you get.



I'm sorry, but how do you consider a high scoring mech build to be inefficient? You have your play style and I have mine. I tried and dropped FF and kept my DHS because I was very often handing out drubbings to bigger mechs quite frequently without having to watch my heat. over the past two weeks, I have been in the highest 3 scorers of most of my matches. These are with me as 2nd highest scorer in both matches.

Posted Image


Posted Image

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 08 September 2014 - 01:11 PM.


#45 Ngamok

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

http://cloud-2.steam...5E6A0490C8F198/

Here's 3 4Gs for you.

#46 That Dawg

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

The key to the hunch, is have fun- and the points will come

#47 Gremlich Johns

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

Here's my best in my 4G (smurfy link posted earlier in the thread) to date (today)

Match score 118
Damage 865
5 kills and got that achievement

Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Bromineberry

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 08 September 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but how do you consider a high scoring mech build to be inefficient?


It's inefficient because you can make it even better without some sort of compromise, or in aother words: you can do a straight upgrade.


View PostGremlich Johns, on 08 September 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

You have your play style and I have mine. I tried and dropped FF and kept my DHS because I was very often handing out drubbings to bigger mechs quite frequently without having to watch my heat..



I didn't say drop the DHS. DHS + Endo + FF is what i suggested. Like I said, the bigger engine will give you higher speed and (more important) a quicker torso twist. The 2% loss in heat efficency will not be noticable. That's why it is a straight upgrade of your build.

Edited by Bromineberry, 21 September 2014 - 10:35 AM.


#49 Soulscour

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

Whats up with all these slow builds? Psychologically it's better to not have max armor in your arms. You want the arm armor to become stripped when in a fight. Some players or more likely to target them instead of your AC20 which is what really matters.

HBK-4G

Run siesmic, radar dep, ac20 range, and medium range, and ac20 cooldown with consumables for best results

View PostGremlich Johns, on 16 September 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Here's my best in my 4G (smurfy link posted earlier in the thread) to date (today)
Match score 118
Damage 865
5 kills and got that achievement


Bromineberry is right. You can get good scores but 13kph is a huge difference in mobility and opens up new tactical viability in addition to what you already do. I'm not saying his build is optimal either though. The small head laser? No thank you.

Edited by Soulscour, 01 October 2014 - 09:22 PM.


#50 Gremlich Johns

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

Okay, tried out this config change for the 4G, moving a tad faster is odd.
STD245
10 DHS
max armor with FF and Endo
3xMLas
AC20 w/3 tons ammo (I miss having 4 tons, just have to not waste shots)
speed 87.2
firepower: 35
heat 1.32

#51 MisterPlanetarian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

Heres my preferred HBK-4G.

Std230
Endo
AC20 (4T ammo)
3xML.

I don't like to use a bigger engine as going from 230 to 250 is going to cost me a laser or one ton of ammo unless im willing to strip my arms and legs down signifigantly. Which is something I won't do. 7kph and a tiny torso twist speed increase is not worth it.


I use the 4P or 4SP for high speed hunchie action.

Edited by MisterPlanetarian, 04 October 2014 - 10:35 AM.


#52 Steinkrieg

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:23 PM

I prefer this build. It lets you float around the edges of the fight like so many have said is a must for Hunchies, and you would be hard pressed to get into heat trouble.

HBK-4G

#53 Nightmare1

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,620 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

For the 4G, go with an AC/20 (3 tons of ammo), 3 MLs, and 2 MGs (1 ton of ammo). Equip the AC/20 range and cooldown modules, and the ML cooldown module. Works like a charm. :)

Here it is:

Posted Image

#54 MisterPlanetarian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 October 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

For the 4G, go with an AC/20 (3 tons of ammo), 3 MLs, and 2 MGs (1 ton of ammo). Equip the AC/20 range and cooldown modules, and the ML cooldown module. Works like a charm. :)



I really, really wish the two machineguns got mounted about where the lasers are on the 4H.

#55 MarkFBD

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:56 PM

I am building an AC20,3 Medium Lasers, upgrades etc. I have the AC20 cooldown mod in addition to the inherent AC20 quirks of the 4g. What is the def between 250std and 260? Is the difference negligible?

#56 Phobic Wraith

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostMarkFBD, on 20 November 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

I am building an AC20,3 Medium Lasers, upgrades etc. I have the AC20 cooldown mod in addition to the inherent AC20 quirks of the 4g. What is the def between 250std and 260? Is the difference negligible?


the difference in speed is negligible, but the loss on weight on a 50 ton chassis is pretty significant. The extra speed at the cost of armor, ammo or laser firepower isn't worth it.

#57 MarkFBD

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostPhobic Wraith, on 20 November 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:


the difference in speed is negligible, but the loss on weight on a 50 ton chassis is pretty significant. The extra speed at the cost of armor, ammo or laser firepower isn't worth it.


Great! Thanks!

As a side note, is there a particularly good way to join a group? I love Battletech and am not so concerned about which group, just having better communication and coordination during a match. I have a friend who plays often with me and we use c3. We consistently win and score well, but when I play with randos disaster often ensues.

#58 Phobic Wraith

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostMarkFBD, on 20 November 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:


Great! Thanks!

As a side note, is there a particularly good way to join a group? I love Battletech and am not so concerned about which group, just having better communication and coordination during a match. I have a friend who plays often with me and we use c3. We consistently win and score well, but when I play with randos disaster often ensues.


Yeah... pug matches can go that way. If you're looking for a group, check out the appropriate section here in the forums. "Merc corps" is probably where you want to be. I'm a member of the Zhi Zhu mercs. I don't have the authority to admit new members, but you're welcome to stop by at zhizhu-mercs.net

Find a good fit and the game changes immensely.

#59 MarkFBD

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostPhobic Wraith, on 20 November 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:


Yeah... pug matches can go that way. If you're looking for a group, check out the appropriate section here in the forums. "Merc corps" is probably where you want to be. I'm a member of the Zhi Zhu mercs. I don't have the authority to admit new members, but you're welcome to stop by at zhizhu-mercs.net

Find a good fit and the game changes immensely.


Thanks. I transmitted application form. Feel free to friend. Thanks for your help!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users