- - - - -

Haven't Played In Months, Curious About How The Game Has Changed.

Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodeyez

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

So I haven't played in months and was wondering how this game was doing. After playing the awful abomination that is robocraf, I thought to myself "I know a way better robot game than this.."

Now I'm a fairly new player so all the extremely in-depth competitive "2 dmg less on some weapon" " don't interest me all that much.

(just a note, I'm not planning on spending money unless the game gets me in it's grasp, that that must be achieved by playing the "f2p" part. not the "pay to have fun first" kind of thing.)
-What I do care about is how the game plays in general now?
-How's development been going?
-What's on the horizon for MWO?
-Kinda liked light mechs. because of their price mostly (accessible without 3 month grind) I like playing the game, no problem with playing for a few days to grind some stuff together but the price required to spec out an atlas. only to discover you bought the sup-par model. >.<
-all in all: Is MWO worth playing again and will it continue to do so?

(I meant no disrespect whatsoever towards anyone or the developers. just voicing my opinions/concerns.)
Thanks for reading and your responses!

#2 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:13 AM

1. It's a Mech, not a Robot..

2. Now is the craziest time ever... nerfs and co. are daylie business..

3. It could be fun or the worst time in your life, depending your behavior or playstyle.. (Brawling or LRM-s are rising, Snipers are Claners)

4. CW is in the door.. Unit Creation in 2 weeks, new maps in about a month, PW in Falls ("They Say")

5. IS Lights in a good hands are the most hated/loved Mechs in this game.. Dependig wich side of the MG/ML/ERLL/ERPPC you sitting actually.. (Spider, Raven, Firestarter)

PS: KILL THEM ALL!

Edited by Sky Hawk, 10 August 2014 - 03:37 AM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

the queues have been separated into solo players and groups, if you are not in a group you will be dropped in with 11 random other players to fight against a team of 12 random players, no premade teams will be in the game, the solo matches are usually more even than they used to be

Development has been going fast with new features introduced with most patches, some of the new features are making major changes to the gameplay (e.g. the new module system),
jump sniping and long range direct fire in general has recently taken a bit of a hit, with less powerful Jump Jets, reduced projectile speeds for the PPC and reduced maximum range for Autocannons
Clan Mechs have made an appearance, the first 8 have been released as part of a preorder but are now being released for Cbills at the rate of 2 a month, the first (the Kit Fox, 30 tons, relatively slow but with a lot of weapons capacity, and the ability to put ECM on any varient) is released this week

We should have the first phase of community warfare by the end of the month, new maps are finally on the way, the last new map was released in 2013

To purchase, fully outfit and properly upgrade a Light Mech can be more expensive than doing the same with an Assault, a Light usually needs Double Heat Sinks, Endo Steel Internals and Fero Fibrus armor (costing about 3 million) an XL engine (costing 4-6 million) to perform at its best while an assault only needs a standard engine (if it did not come with a good engine about 2 million) DHS and maybe Endo (about 2.3 million)
if you are unsure what Mech to buy, please ask, tell us what you like as well as what you do not. Someone will be able to suggest a Mech which should suite you

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

I'm not sure I'd say development is fast, but it is progressing. CW is on the horizon. Unit association is the first step. It will still be some time before it's all put together (likely Christmas or so?)
Don't know when you last played so can't say what's all new.
Most notable thing was the Clan release. They are powerful and take getting used to. You gotta play smarter around them or they will kill you.
Most recent changes were listed above.
There were jump jet changes and falling damage adjustments which means light mechs have to be a little more careful about their landings or risk more damage to their legs (all mech do). Otherwise, light mechs play about the same. The meta for lights is often an ECM raven or spider with ER Large lasers pecking at a distance. Possibly also a PPC, but their speeds were reduced now.

#5 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

PGI is focused on major features, which means very limited bugfixing/polishing. If you are away from MWO, consider staying away until next year, or be prepared for frustration.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users