#41 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostTB Freelancer, on 11 August 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

You'd think after 200, let alone 2000 matches you'd be doing a little better than that, but yeah you are most definitely in the mid-range.

Mid range a.k.a. average, run of the mill, mediocre, nothing to write home about. I could go on but I won't rub it in....to hard. Even if you're just begging for it.

I hardly know what to say to this, given that I don't want a temp ban upside the head.

First off, it's doubtful you are as good as you act, and even if you are then you are a insufferable, arrogant phallic symbol.

Second, given that the majority of the population is average or less, nothing to be ashamed of, especially since this is a game, and many of us have actual lives that matter more than out virtual ones. So yea, you may out-damage my assault with your flamer light, but I will just have to console myself with my family in our house (owned, not rented, acres not sq. feet etc).

#42 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 August 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

Life shows that people who like their own posts are seldom as good as they think they are.

If you like your own posts, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater... remember, a special hell

Posted Image
Thats my sermon son!

#43 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 11 August 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

I hardly know what to say to this, given that I don't want a temp ban upside the head.

First off, it's doubtful you are as good as you act, and even if you are then you are a insufferable, arrogant phallic symbol.

Second, given that the majority of the population is average or less, nothing to be ashamed of, especially since this is a game, and many of us have actual lives that matter more than out virtual ones. So yea, you may out-damage my assault with your flamer light, but I will just have to console myself with my family in our house (owned, not rented, acres not sq. feet etc).

Hang on....

....I've got a hurt feelings report around here somewhere.....

EDIT: I know its here somewhere....just wait over there while a look for it. http://mwomercs.com/...-of-the-babies/ :huh:

Edited by TB Freelancer, 11 August 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#44 Rahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBlaine Washington

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

I smell Troll

#45 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

View PostTB Freelancer, on 11 August 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Hang on....

....I've got a hurt feelings report around here somewhere.....

EDIT: I know its here somewhere....just wait over there while a look for it. http://mwomercs.com/...-of-the-babies/ :unsure:

Right...says the guy who is stroking his e-peen....the only way you could hurt my feelings is if....nope not even then.

You see, calling a dumbass a dumbass in a semi-constructive manner isn't whining. It's trying to point out to you that you are coming across, to at least part of your audience, as a pathetic loser trying to bolster his self-esteem with in-game exploits.

But hey, whatever makes you happy. Off to bed as I work tomm...but then 5 days off.....gotta love having over 250 hours of vacation time saved up :huh:

#46 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 11 August 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

You don't get it, man.

2800 is the max. 0 is the minimum. Mid-range is around 1400, right? When you're in your first 25, your Elo is so low that theoretically, you don't enter the main PUG queue. As soon as you hit 26 matches, they give you a score of 1400 and let you go.

So, even if you've managed to work yourself up to, say, 2000 or so, you're WELL within that 1400 point spread the matchmaker has to put to teams together. The higher you are, the more lower scored people you're going to be put with.

There aren't enough 2000 score people out there to put two teams together with. So, if you're at 2000, you're going to be saddled with a bunch of 1400 or less people to carry. Evidently, that's fine with Paul and Russ. Blame them.

Yeah I get it man. I also get a little worked up myself from time to time. I've also seen just how bad you can get when you're feeling it too. You got downright nasty with the team in Crimson Straight a few nights back....though I've been guilty of similar things when I'm feeling that way.

I just couldn't help a little trash talk you a little. You were kinda asking for it with that post.

Anyway, it is what it is. You do well and getting wins gets tougher. Sure it kinda sucks that we're getting handed two full lances of drooling lobotomites match after match instead of being moved up a tier and fighting with/against a better quality of player. But I'm pretty sure you're winning more than your losing like me, having seen you play. Just accept it for what it is for now and don't give up on trying to push PGI into some kind of system that makes more sense.

Mixing true veterans with guys having trouble figuring out how to even power up is definitely frustrating at times. Making things tougher as you get better does make sense, its just tragic that we got the PGI implementation of tougher.

#47 ThatGuy1972

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

Koryitsu, you were in one match with me and you are complaining I am toxic? Maybe you should post the score from that game, so we can all see your pro score. While I appreciate the number of responses you are too funny. I am toxic to players because they earned it. I cant cure stupid, there is a tutorial and a range to leanr to pilot and aim with a mech , do you think maybe some of these new plays should use it so they are no longer such a huge burden and become atleast some kind of an asset to their team? If you dont punish their ignorance they never learn. Something I have tried to explain to admins, its just like R/L if you have to work with a useless person he drags everyone down, but as soon as you single him out and put him on the spot for his behavior he puts effort in to improve so as not to be put in that position again. An yes, it works.

#48 LordSkippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Posted Image

#49 ThatGuy1972

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 11 August 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

Posted Image
Thats my sermon son!

Joseph take your portrait off the post, you are to old for mech warrior!

#50 ThatGuy1972

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostReverendk, on 11 August 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

You've got a real sour attitude, so it's no wonder you're currently incapable of the tight groups that someone forced to "carry" a team needs to successfully slot floppies. When you claim to traffic in the sickest plays, highest elos, and most friction-less coatings you can't go on to the forums all in a huff and throw a hissy fit when newer players aren't up to snuff.

It's uncouth.

If you want to raise your elos you need to step it up and make it happen.

Reverendk, players like you are part of the problem, not part of any solution.

#51 LordSkippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

You're in K-Town now,

The previous topic

is no longer

The birds are taking over.

Posted Image

Have a taco

Posted Image

#52 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

#53 LordSkippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostHeffay, on 12 August 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Now that's

Posted Image

A great

Post!

#54 MacLannan

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 11 August 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

WOW I think little Willard Phule and ThatGuy need a hug? there totally buttttt hurt and have inflated there heads and skill level to leet33 status and cannot play with nice with other MWO pilots loll.

Posted Image

Wendigo, I mean Phule, is the same guy that calls out his own team if they don't bring exactly what he thinks it takes to win, and then bawls like a baby when we crush the other team in spite of his bitching. Pay him no mind.

#55 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostThatGuy1972, on 12 August 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Koryitsu, you were in one match with me and you are complaining I am toxic? Maybe you should post the score from that game, so we can all see your pro score. While I appreciate the number of responses you are too funny. I am toxic to players because they earned it. I cant cure stupid, there is a tutorial and a range to leanr to pilot and aim with a mech , do you think maybe some of these new plays should use it so they are no longer such a huge burden and become atleast some kind of an asset to their team? If you dont punish their ignorance they never learn. Something I have tried to explain to admins, its just like R/L if you have to work with a useless person he drags everyone down, but as soon as you single him out and put him on the spot for his behavior he puts effort in to improve so as not to be put in that position again. An yes, it works.

It's really not your place to be rude and put down other players regardless of how poorly they do. It's a game. If you can't deal with bad players maybe you should just quit and do some yoga or something.

Edited by ShinobiHunter, 12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM.

#56 LordSkippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

Posted Image

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users