• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:11 AM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 14 August 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

Two questions

Are we able to be in 2 units at once, or are you limited to only being in a single group?

What if we want to make a unit thats just internet buddies from way back when that have been hanging out forever so we've never bothered recruiting people or making "fansites"? Are we still able to make a unit?

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3637751
has been officially covered here

as for the small group bit, im in the same boat and i registered, nowhere does it say you must be a large group to make a unit
if you look in here paul makes a unit with just himself in it, thus you should be able to as well
a while back they released a massive document outlaying the terms to make a merc corp, i believe this is separate from units

actually this would be a good time for some clarification on that NIKO
can mutiple units band together (like a small alliance) to make a merc corp ? or is units the whole thing done and dusted ?

#22 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

View PostNaduk, on 14 August 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

actually this would be a good time for some clarification on that NIKO. can mutiple units band together (like a small alliance) to make a merc corp ? or is units the whole thing done and dusted ?

It would be really great if you could form alliances with other units.

#23 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

As for the order of unit creation I noticed founders will get first crack at registration. Will there be an order of priority for the level of founder, i.e. Legendary before Elite and Veteran?

#24 Tambu

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 14 August 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

Naduk got it there. If you don't have a recruitment thread up, we will need some other way to validate your use of the name before others, ideally something with a neutral time-stamp like a Tweet or a Facebook post and with any way you can help us identify that you are indeed the person linked. It's not at all ideal, which is why we recommend and request recruitment threads. And if you haven't made one yet, please do start one!

My only issue with that is the fact that my unit was created as part on a combined MechWarrior/BattleTech Pen and Paper/Tabletop Miniatures Game my friends and I were playing 6+ YEARS ago.

Ah the good old days, when we were willing to hit Comstar, on Terra, with only 1 Warhammer (As GTFO Backup only) and a pair of infantry inferno launchers. I'm STILL impressed by the fact that the new guy to the group was able to keep our cover from being blown when the Gamemaster had the recently subdued guard shack recieve its pizza delivery. He was sweating bulets IRL during that, and was some of the best role playing I have EVER seen.

#25 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostTambu, on 14 August 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

My only issue with that is the fact that my unit was created as part on a combined MechWarrior/BattleTech Pen and Paper/Tabletop Miniatures Game my friends and I were playing 6+ YEARS ago.

Ah the good old days, when we were willing to hit Comstar, on Terra, with only 1 Warhammer (As GTFO Backup only) and a pair of infantry inferno launchers. I'm STILL impressed by the fact that the new guy to the group was able to keep our cover from being blown when the Gamemaster had the recently subdued guard shack recieve its pizza delivery. He was sweating bulets IRL during that, and was some of the best role playing I have EVER seen.

just fill out a pre-reg form
its ok if you dont have recruitment forum or offsite web link, they are mostly needed to help if any disputes arrise
i do not have a recruitment forum and my offsite link is 100% unrelated

if you want some peice of mind, google the name of your group, see what turns up
i have been slowly building up a backstory and ideas to theme my little unit
(much like yours a small team of old school mates)
we play a bunch of random stuff and are predominately a battlefield clan
thus i did not want to commit massive resources and effort before i secured my unit name
so i sat it on the backburner making mental notes with each bit of information we get from PGI
now i have registered the Iron Dragons, but before i did i ran a google search
surprisingly not much came up, a lolz high school dragon boat team, a martial arts company and a few other random bits
so i will take my time and write a recruitment thread that will describe my unit and what we are about and likely state that we do not recruit (we invite you), when its done i can amend my reg post

i have little doubt that i will succeed in my registration bid
you can/should also read through all the other submissions first so you will 100% know that your not treading on any toes

Edited by Naduk, 14 August 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#26 Daemoro

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiddle, TN

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

Is there no longer a difference between House Units and Merc Units? If so which are we making here?

#27 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostDaemoro, on 14 August 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

Is there no longer a difference between House Units and Merc Units? If so which are we making here?

If we go by their original plan a year back, House aligned players actually do not have their own units per say, but instead fight in specific fronts for a specific House.

Merc units take contracts from Houses to fight for specific planets and can take contracts from any House.

I would assume the Clans would be exactly like a House, but I am not sure.

Edited by Zyllos, 14 August 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#28 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

I posed this question in the discussion forum but maybe it's better in here.

Will it be possible to make these merc units into house units once houses are made available? or will we need to re-create them?

#29 MuFasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 287 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

Is there a way that posts that have been made in the registration thread be for lack of better words checked off? To make sure they have met the criteria specified? I know its going the "extra mile" after already going the extra mile for founders (+1) but it would sure save some heartache and vitrol for those that say have 5 characters in their tags. I know its not your fault but a proof read and a msg .. fix that would go tons. And for those that have things right, it would sure give us warm fuzzy feeling about already being set.

#30 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostShoveI, on 14 August 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

I posed this question in the discussion forum but maybe it's better in here.

Will it be possible to make these merc units into house units once houses are made available? or will we need to re-create them?

Re read my post above. I think as of their last plan we heard from PGI, Houses won't have specific units. You either fight for a House or join a Merc Unit.

Now, that Merc Unit can be loyal to a single House but "Contracts" follows a different gameplay objective than House fronts.

But this is all information that was explained to us last year in some video.

#31 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

Ahh, here is the video that was discussed at their tournament:

Edited by Zyllos, 15 August 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#32 Daemoro

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiddle, TN

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

This is exactly why I asked the question. That video is a year old and I'm wondering if things have changed. i can't find any more recent information from an official source.

#33 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostDaemoro, on 15 August 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

This is exactly why I asked the question. That video is a year old and I'm wondering if things have changed. i can't find any more recent information from an official source.

I don't think anyone is going to get anything else besides what is posted in that video and what is posted in the Command Chair/Twitter.

#34 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

View PostDaemoro, on 14 August 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

as far as i know
the unit you create is based on the faction selected by the creator of said unit
all who join said unit automatically take on said faction, covered here

even tho that post only talks about clans, i am of the belief that it applies to faction players too
for now all we seem to be making are units (like a platoon in an army) that will later on get the option to join a merc corp, house faction or clan faction

that said i could be completely wrong
i hope Niko is released from his spreadsheet bonds so he can clarify these things for us

#35 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

Bannson's Raiders Stormhammers Swordsworn Dragon's Fury Steel Wolves Republic of the Sphere Spirit Cats Ghost Bear Dominion

Rasalahgue Dominion

Wolf Hunters

Northwind Fusiliers

Edited by Domenoth, 16 August 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#36 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Is there any possibility of getting an underscore as one of the usable characters?

DS_ is so much more appealing than DS- ... minor issue, though it would be in alignment with how MW4 unit names were treated.

#37 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

Here are a few more unit names that you should look at:
1st Hesperus Guards
1st Steiner Strikers
Arc-Royal Defense Cordon
1st Sommerset Strikers
Lyran Rangers(4th Skye Rangers future name)
The rest of Stone's Brigade units
Roche
Ace Darwin's WhipIts
Battle Magic
Battle Corps
Wannamaker's Widowmakers
Raging Horde
Nueva Castile
Castilian Brigadas

Edited by Will9761, 17 August 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#38 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Concerning Unit Name Lenght: is the maximum number of characters 36 chars, as stated in the template here:

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 13 August 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Please provide the following information to Pre-Register:
Unit Name (max 36 char.):
Unit Tag (max. 4 char.):
Forum Recruitment URL:
Fanpage URL (optional):

or 35 chars, as in the opening post here:

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz said:

Regarding Unit Names and Tags:
  • Unit Names must be between 1 and 35 Characters long.

This is important to us, as our (new) unshortened unit name would be exactly 36 characters long.

Edited by Taifune, 17 August 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#39 Vhetra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 187 posts
  • LocationRadstadt

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

Let's talk about space racism for a moment.

If they don't allow us to use ø for our unit, the 5th Drakøns, they're space racist.

They really need to allow for more characters. The game itself allows the ø, so I don't see why they shouldn't allow it for units.

#40 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

This one is not on the list
3rd Robinson Rangers