#41 Ratu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 214 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

View Postsyngyne, on 13 August 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

But the rules state that a recruitment thread on this site is required. If we're not recruiting from this site , we wouldn't have a thread here. Does that bar us from creating a unit?

They require it so that you can prove that you have original claim to that unit name in this game. Otherwise you could come along and try to claim the name 'DarkStar Alliance' as your own, despite us already reserving it.

#42 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Is the prereg going to be used to prevent anyone but the Unit Leader from setting up the unit in game?

#43 Ellen Ripley

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationLV-426

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

I don't hink so Stevemac. Usually what happens on the test server has no impact on your live account.

#44 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:12 AM

View PostEllen Ripley, on 22 August 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

I don't hink so Stevemac. Usually what happens on the test server has no impact on your live account.

I hope not

#45 Datsu

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

A unit name missed based off the planet of Buckminster..

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Buckminster

#46 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

I think what Datsu means to say is. Buckminster is listed in the word list as forbidden to use. As you can see our unit name is based of this planet. From what I have read in the rules this is aloud. We are not using any forbidden names, as no unit has ever existed in the lore. But we did use a planet name. Not sure how you can say planet names are off limits to use in unit names. Recently Datsu tried to use our name on the test server to create our unit and could not do it because of this. So I am asking is using a planet name forbidden in a unit name and if so why? How can people try to stay true to the lore of the game if you forbid this? And why allow things such as Black Widows of Vancouver but not allow a unit named such as ours? Will you make exceptions for this? And will there be some way to lodge a protest for a unit name if the game servers block it? And please do not say put in a service ticket. That process can take a extremely long amount of time.

One other thing I would like to point out is on your list of acceptable units is the 42nd Donegal Guards. Which is copying a lore based unit, also using a planet name. So if you are allowing this example, our unit name should be acceptable.

Edited by Sealawyer, 22 August 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#47 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

View Poststevemac, on 18 August 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

This one is not on the list
3rd Robinson Rangers

And a few more for you Niko...Coffee is in the mail

Federated Suns Support Commands

Mercenary Commands

Probably they don't exist yet in 3050, that's why.

#48 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostSealawyer, on 22 August 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

I think what Datsu means to say is. Buckminster is listed in the word list as forbidden to use. As you can see our unit name is based of this planet. From what I have read in the rules this is aloud. We are not using any forbidden names, as no unit has ever existed in the lore. But we did use a planet name. Not sure how you can say planet names are off limits to use in unit names. Recently Datsu tried to use our name on the test server to create our unit and could not do it because of this. So I am asking is using a planet name forbidden in a unit name and if so why? How can people try to stay true to the lore of the game if you forbid this? And why allow things such as Black Widows of Vancouver but not allow a unit named such as ours? Will you make exceptions for this? And will there be some way to lodge a protest for a unit name if the game servers block it? And please do not say put in a service ticket. That process can take a extremely long amount of time.

One other thing I would like to point out is on your list of acceptable units is the 42nd Donegal Guards. Which is copying a lore based unit, also using a planet name. So if you are allowing this example, our unit name should be acceptable.

Oh, believe me, I'm totally with you on this, but the reason 42nd Donegal Guards might be an acceptable name is because of the 42nd part of the name. There is no 42nd Dongegal Guards in 3050 probably...someone want to verify this?
I'm all for changing the lore-crackdown, but there's a lot of resistance from some folks who think that people are going to be fighting for the same name. I don't see it personally. Maybe with Wolf's Dragoons and that's about it and they're only a bunch of mercenaries who are going to die at the hands of the Ryuken anyway. :angry:

I can see this lore-crackdown causing more trouble than it's worth when you get to planets like Hell and other worlds that might be named off of Earth locations.

Edited by Arcainite, 22 August 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#49 Karzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

When we tried registering on the test server with Tikonov Commonality Armed Forces it wouldn't let us since we had "one forbidden word". Why is that?

#50 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostTaifune, on 17 August 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Concerning Unit Name Lenght: is the maximum number of characters 36 chars, as stated in the template here:

or 35 chars, as in the opening post here:

This is important to us, as our (new) unshortened unit name would be exactly 36 characters long.

Good call. Need to know this too. Is it actually 35 or 36? As our name is 36 exactly.

#51 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

The question still stands will a player who has clan mechs in their inventory be able to use those clan mechs in Merc units or will clan mech use be limited to those who ally themselves with one of the clans?

#52 Agelmar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 24 August 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

The question still stands will a player who has clan mechs in their inventory be able to use those clan mechs in Merc units or will clan mech use be limited to those who ally themselves with one of the clans?

There is no current faction constraint on chassis selection. IF there was one I imagine they'd do something smart like provide a Clan and IS profile for every account that you choose when you log on. That way you don't lose access to your pertty Clan mechs and today's faction decision doesn't trap you.

#53 Acid Reptile

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Posted Image

#54 Rainbow Unikorn

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFrog land

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Posted Image

#55 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

PGI, is there any chance of creating the unit with a different TAG than the one submitted previously on the unit pre-reg?

Edit - Also, is there a way to chose the planet where the Unit is based at?

Edited by FlipOver, 26 August 2014 - 02:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users