- - - - -

Can Anyone Explaine Is And Clan Game Mechanics?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jamjor

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

I've been reading a little bit of lore on Clan and IS - but watching videos on gameplay, everyone is talking about IS mechs and Clan mechs and Clan invasion.

Are Clan mechs new in the game? Do they have an advantage?

Can anyone give a quick rundown of the lore between IS and Clans?

Much appreciated

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

Clan mechs are new. They are supposed to have an advantage (in lore it's common for them to fight 5 to 12), but here they are push-overs that some people don't know how to kill yet (thus they must be overpowered). Their hitbox design on a few special ones doesn't help, however, as it opens them to abusing armor allocations that wouldn't normally be feasible.

The utmost basics...
Inner Sphere factions are burst-damage oriented and best at closer ranges
Clan factions are DPS damage oriented and are much better at longer ranges.

As for lore, I refer you to this thread which I randomly bumped.
There's a video on there from me by Wauweli. It also has a link to another thread that has FAR more videos and details (mostly in video format) that pumps out the lore.

Who the factions are (including ones we can't play as), why they started fighting in the Inner Sphere, the Star League's Operation Exodus ("screw you kings and your squabbling, we're taking the bulk of the armies and technology and going into deep space beyond the periphery!") which then, after 200+ years become the Clans and return (with a misguided belief that they were forced out in some cases rather than they chose to leave, so some are there to conquer and some are there to embrace -- by force -- and then defend the Inner Sphere)...etc. is all covered in there.

If you were to watch all the lore videos, it'd give you the lore and more in about 12 to 15 minutes. And that's with the impressive and mood setting videos by Wauweli. Tack on the Clan introduction videos from MW2 and that's another 5 minutes.

Edited by Koniving, 19 August 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#3 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostKoniving, on 19 August 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

As for lore, I refer you to this thread which I randomly bumped.

Just a reminder, bumps without actual contribution to the thread are spam and forbidden. So I removed your random bump.

Another good thread about battletech, mechs and more, with some links to stores where you can buy the old novels, is this one:
http://mwomercs.com/...ore-start-here/

#4 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

Yes, they are new to the game having been introduced in June.

In general clan tech is lighter and has longer range at the expense of lower front-loaded damage and running much hotter.

#5 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostJamjor, on 19 August 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

I've been reading a little bit of lore on Clan and IS - but watching videos on gameplay, everyone is talking about IS mechs and Clan mechs and Clan invasion.

Much appreciated

Kon's thread covers a lot of it. If you want a Cliffs Notes version, it'd look like this.

1. Star League and Clans:
Spoiler

2. The Inner Sphere

Spoiler

The short form. :P

#6 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

View PostJamjor, on 19 August 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Much appreciated

I can Explaine.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users