- - - - -

Help Me To Play This Game

13 replies to this topic

#1 jawlocal

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

I'm steve and totally new for this game. I want to play this game and that's why please help me by providing clear instruction that how to start?

Thanks

#2 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:59 AM

Hi steve,
welcome to MWO.
Do you have certain Questions?
"...want to play the game..." is a bit unspecific description for you problem.
Did you install the client ?
Have you startet the game and hit some problems ?

#3 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:15 AM

First and foremost have you downloaded the client?

#4 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:23 AM

Welcome to MWO.

Hit Download Now, install the downloaded app (patcher/launcher), run it, and follow Koniving's how to start tutorial. You probably want to check out other community made guides as well.

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

I recommend you check the videos in the Training Grounds. Many of them are outdated in terms of the U.I. however, everything else, in terms of piloting, mech classes, and weapon groups is still correct.

#6 jawlocal

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

View PostModo44, on 20 August 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

Welcome to MWO.

Hit Download Now, install the downloaded app (patcher/launcher), run it, and follow Koniving's how to start tutorial. You probably want to check out other community made guides as well.

Thanks a lot for this guideline. <_<

View PostDeux, on 20 August 2014 - 01:15 AM, said:

First and foremost have you downloaded the client?

Thanks sir.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 20 August 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

I recommend you check the videos in the Training Grounds. Many of them are outdated in terms of the U.I. however, everything else, in terms of piloting, mech classes, and weapon groups is still correct.

Thanks a lot :ph34r:

#7 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

Keep in mind, that the installation, will take a long time. Especially the finalizing stage, which starts after it reaches 100%.

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

Yeah, don't be alarmed if it seems unresponsive after downloading 100%; then it has to unpack the compressed files and install the game, which can take some time and the patcher may appear to be unresponsive at this time (and it will typically use up a large portion of your system resources so just let it run!)

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask or check out our expansive guides

#9 PanzerSmurf

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

Hi, welcome! I'm pretty new myself but here is some advice you might find handy.
  • First 25 games you will play gives you extra "cash"
  • I suggest you play your first 25 games with several types of the trial mechs available.
  • Once you have done so, it will be time too purchase your first owned mech, pick one you liked or is similar too it.
  • When buying your first mech, make sure too check out their basic load out, they differ from type and any changes you will want to make diverting from the basic load out will cost cash.
  • Too unlock special bonuses for the mech you have chosen, you will need 2 more of the same mech but different type and play them for exp, this exp unlocks bonuses, unlock all bonuses of a "tier" of 3 of the same mechs (but different types) enhances the said bonuses and allows you to progress a tier.
  • Trial mechs can't be modified, the mechs you buy can be adjusted.

#10 RF Greywolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostPanzerSmurf, on 20 August 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

Hi, welcome! I'm pretty new myself but here is some advice you might find handy.
  • I suggest you play your first 25 games with several types of the trial mechs available.
  • Once you have done so, it will be time too purchase your first owned mech, pick one you liked or is similar too it.
  • When buying your first mech, make sure too check out their basic load out, they differ from type and any changes you will want to make diverting from the basic load out will cost cash.
  • Too unlock special bonuses for the mech you have chosen, you will need 2 more of the same mech but different type and play them for exp, this exp unlocks bonuses, unlock all bonuses of a "tier" of 3 of the same mechs (but different types) enhances the said bonuses and allows you to progress a tier.

^^^
You learn quickly young padawan. <_<

Read through the pinned threads at the top of this forum, they have some very good information for new players. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Many of us here are more than happy to help you out and have a variety of different play styles as well. What type of fighting style do you think you want to try?

Edited by RF Greywolf, 20 August 2014 - 06:23 AM.

#11 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:46 AM

when you download be sure to claim the free day of premium time. run it with your cadet bonus.

Edited by Gorantir, 20 August 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#12 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostGorantir, on 20 August 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

when you download be sure to claim the free day of premium time. run it with your cadet bonus.

Pretty sure that's no longer available, and prem time no longer compounds the cadet bonus either (cadet bonus is now an achivement not a match reward)

#13 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostPanzerSmurf, on 20 August 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

Just to add. Take a look at the key bindings; settings at bottom right, select "keyboard setup" (I think? Forget the name). You will find out what does what there.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ for designing mechs before you spend cbills in-game. It also has other info like "ghost heat" table, equipment stats etc.

#14 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostGorantir, on 20 August 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

It's now only 2 hours, and doesn't affect the Cadet Bonus.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users