• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:01 AM

View Post9erRed, on 26 August 2014 - 05:08 AM, said:

Greetings all,

Reference the T-shirts.

This constitutes physical merchandise, PGI does not have the licence to sell this type of merchandise.

- But they could 'offer' it as a free 'included' item for other activities that required purchasing something digital.
- Something similar to the 'digital' file of the IS map image they have on there office wall.
- Or digital artwork of there designs.
(that could be locally printed at a shop, unless you have a wide bed printer at home or work.)

Now NGNG appears to be 'selling' these or similar items, not sure how that works for an associated site?
- If PGI uses these T-Shirts as 'promotional only', or 'inter company use', they may be able to use them. But again, no licence to sell this type of material.

9erRed

NGNG is selling Battletech related merchandise, but not MWO specific stuff. Either their own models or art, but not MWO specific ones.

#142 TrunksMaxamillan

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvannia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the update, Admins. I know many of your patrons may be impatient with the progress of the game (server crashes, latency, etc.), but some of us are happy that progress is being made, and will wait patiently for the ideal Mechwarrior online of our dreams. Personally, I am hoping that they add clan weaponry (or at least more advanced Innersphere weapons) for utilization of Innersphere mechs for balancing. I do not know how quickly this mechwarrior timeline is progressing, but I hope we can see some improvements (maybe a way to keep a XL engine exploding from torso penetration, but it would cost the equivalent of an assault mech to add this engine update.) Looking forward to the new map and vindicator mechs. Oh and add a Javelin light mech, please. :blink:

#143 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

Looking forward

#144 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 21 August 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

Removal of heat from weapon mods is a good thing as they were of no interest before.

I'm curious about bidding for contracts with merc corp funds since it seems strange for a merc to be paying anything to fight as that would be the opposite of what a merc is. Upgrading a planets defenses ok, buying a better dropship ok, but paying someone else so you can fight for them makes very little sense.

I think in this case bidding for contracts isn't a merc group paying for a contract but rather setting the price of what they want to get paid for the contract. Each group competing for the job will try and put in the lowest bid they can while still keeping the price high enough so they can earn a profit. Its the same way businesses get jobs from the government.

#145 Henric Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 109 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationYork II

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

I want to know when yall plan on giving us the two mechs you cheated us out of on this initial installation of The Clans. The Maddog and the Hellbringer. Both of which should have released with the Summner, Warhawk, etc etc....

#146 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:11 AM

View PostNekhron Kirov, on 01 September 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

I want to know when yall plan on giving us the two mechs you cheated us out of on this initial installation of The Clans. The Maddog and the Hellbringer. Both of which should have released with the Summner, Warhawk, etc etc....

There are 16 initial invasion omnimechs, they have so far given us half of them. The Mad Dog and Hellbringer will probably come out at a later date along with the Fire Moth, Mist Lynx, Viper, Ice Ferret, Gargoyle and Executioner.

#147 Yuuji0832

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

Inb4 "WHAT DO YOU MEAN 8 MORE CLAN MECHS?! LETS BALANCE THE ONES WE HAVE!"

/trollface/

#148 soulfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm sure Darren is a nice guy and he can continue doing the Dev log for them but I am tired of what is basically free NGNG commercial. How about it just starting out "Hi this is Darren I'd like to welcome you to Dev vid log number ...." Maybe MWO should let others businesses in the area do the intro. Hi this is Tom For Tim Hortons Coffee, be sure to come in for a nice steaming hot cup of our coffee and now you can get a whopper too. Remember next time your in Tims just mention MWO and get free fries with that coffee. Now on to this weeks MWO Dev v log!

another revenue stream!

#149 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

View Postsoulfire, on 02 September 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

I'm sure Darren is a nice guy and he can continue doing the Dev log for them but I am tired of what is basically free NGNG commercial. How about it just starting out "Hi this is Darren I'd like to welcome you to Dev vid log number ...." Maybe MWO should let others businesses in the area do the intro. Hi this is Tom For Tim Hortons Coffee, be sure to come in for a nice steaming hot cup of our coffee and now you can get a whopper too. Remember next time your in Tims just mention MWO and get free fries with that coffee. Now on to this weeks MWO Dev v log!

another revenue stream!

I would actually love that, and it is something that I have suggested for the Solaris idea that keeps getting thrown around. I am sure there are legal hurdles to cover before it is possible, but it would be great branding and take the monetary load off of us customers, and possibly being the macro transactions we currently have, such as $50 for a single mech, down to micro transactions, such as only $10 per mech...

#150 Nyden

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostCyborgDragon, on 01 September 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

There are 16 initial invasion omnimechs, they have so far given us half of them. The Mad Dog and Hellbringer will probably come out at a later date along with the Fire Moth, Mist Lynx, Viper, Ice Ferret, Gargoyle and Executioner.

8 more clan mechs, you say. I would guess preorders for those start end of October. Lets hope they get a lot done before they have to devote all their assets to the next clan pack.

#151 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostNyden, on 03 September 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

8 more clan mechs, you say. I would guess preorders for those start end of October. Lets hope they get a lot done before they have to devote all their assets to the next clan pack.

I think it is a lot more likely that they will spread them out. The original goal was to have one Clan and one IS mech released per month, so hopefully that will be the case once they get it rolling.

#152 Nyden

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostCimarb, on 04 September 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

The original goal was to have one Clan and one IS mech released per month, so hopefully that will be the case once they get it rolling.

I believe that was their position at the time, much like having the first phase of community warfare out 90 days after launch. Mark my words, there will be another preorder sale before Christmas, and I can't think of a better item to presell than more EZ-mode clan mechs

#153 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

EZ mode Clan? Yeah, okay. PGI are doing a darn good job of balancing the Clan vs IS and still keeping the Clan flavour. I get taken out in my Clan mechs by IS as often as other Clan chassis.

#154 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 04 September 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

EZ mode Clan? Yeah, okay. PGI are doing a darn good job of balancing the Clan vs IS and still keeping the Clan flavour. I get taken out in my Clan mechs by IS as often as other Clan chassis.

Yeah, the difference is skill, not technology type (Clan/IS). Once all of them are out for cbills, we will finally have a level playing field. THAT is when PGI should have started trying to balance the two tech types, IMO. Anyone that thinks Clan mechs are EZmode has either never played them or just sucks regardless of tech they are piloting...

#155 Nyden

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 04 September 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostCimarb, on 04 September 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Yeah, the difference is skill, not technology type (Clan/IS). Once all of them are out for cbills, we will finally have a level playing field. THAT is when PGI should have started trying to balance the two tech types, IMO. Anyone that thinks Clan mechs are EZmode has either never played them or just sucks regardless of tech they are piloting...

First off, you guys focused on the least important part of my comment(s).

Secondly, I do, in fact, own both kinds of mechs and I have won and lost matches in both kinds of mechs. The fundamental difficulty with balancing the clan mechs are the low risk XL engines. As long as Clan mechs can carry twice the weapon tonnage of IS mechs without a significant loss in durability any attempts to balance them through weapons alone are going to leave the clans with crap weapons that are still smaller and cooler than their IS equivalents.

Even now, most clan weapons perform significantly worse in the field than their IS equivalents but because they're smaller and the clan mechs have half weight engines clan mechs are still awfully effective. I know my TW can run as fast as my hunchback and has a higher firepower rating than my 100 ton DDC. Of coarse the Atlas is using a standard engine and it's slow as hell.

I think they could back off on many of the weapon nerfs if they introduced a system that caused degraded performance from engine criticals less than 3; perhaps a loss of engine heat sinks or a movement penalty. They could apply the mechanics across the board.

Clan mechs tend to run with part of their engine destroyed significantly longer than IS mechs, because the rest of their engine may still be fully armoured, even with ten damage to two crit locations. As a result they would be effected disproportionally more than IS mechs. I think this would effectively provide a small nerf to all clan mechs, as they're forced to run with the more vulnerable XL engines. Perhaps, as a result, we could bring the clan weapons a little closer to their IS counterparts in terms of pin point damage potential. I mean, the laser burn times are ridiculous.

Skilled players would tend to be effected less, as they tend to know how to spread damage and avoid getting those engine crits too early in the match, and the newbs might not have their EZ-mode clan mechs anymore.

but again, the gist of my post was that PGI is not to be trusted, and it's best to set your expectations low.

And there's going to be another all asset consuming, preorder pack available for purchase before Christmas (with more clan mechs)

#156 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostNyden, on 04 September 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

stuff

I thought from the get go that clan mechs getting all the benefits of an XL engine without any of the drawbacks is a little suspect. I get that someone piloting clan mechs does not have the choice to use a standard engine, but there should still be penalties for losing a side torso. Considering the amount of weaponry clan mechs can pack, a half crippled clan mech often has the same firepower as a fully intact IS mech. Better for clan mechs to play as quirky, half-glass cannons than mediocre sidegrades from IS mechs.

#157 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostPostumus, on 04 September 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

I thought from the get go that clan mechs getting all the benefits of an XL engine without any of the drawbacks is a little suspect. I get that someone piloting clan mechs does not have the choice to use a standard engine, but there should still be penalties for losing a side torso. Considering the amount of weaponry clan mechs can pack, a half crippled clan mech often has the same firepower as a fully intact IS mech. Better for clan mechs to play as quirky, half-glass cannons than mediocre sidegrades from IS mechs.

Lets say you have the same weakness in clan XL as IS XL that everyone keeps saying we need, plus the current weapon nerfs to clan, the fact that clan XLs are locked and cant be swapped and then throw in the clan heat penalties for weapons and what will you have? Mechs that no one will pilot. Why? Because now the IS mechs will outclass Clan mechs. The only advantage clans will have is larger fire power that will be moot if they cannot stay in a fight long enough to use it.

Oh and we have not even touched 12 vs 10 yet or even had large scale testing on pure IS v Clan. The smart thing to do would be to STOP NERFING **** until you do large scale IS vs Clan. Then determine if you can implement 12 vs 10. If there is still a clan advantage THEN you start to balance.

#158 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:09 AM

View PostNyden, on 04 September 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

I think they could back off on many of the weapon nerfs if they introduced a system that caused degraded performance from engine criticals less than 3; perhaps a loss of engine heat sinks or a movement penalty. They could apply the mechanics across the board.

Clan mechs tend to run with part of their engine destroyed significantly longer than IS mechs, because the rest of their engine may still be fully armoured, even with ten damage to two crit locations. As a result they would be effected disproportionally more than IS mechs. I think this would effectively provide a small nerf to all clan mechs, as they're forced to run with the more vulnerable XL engines. Perhaps, as a result, we could bring the clan weapons a little closer to their IS counterparts in terms of pin point damage potential. I mean, the laser burn times are ridiculous.

I do not agree with most of the rest of your post, but I do definitely agree with this.

We really, really need component destruction (and crits in general) to matter more. If you get an engine crit, you should lose 25% of your movement, heat sinks, etc. That means a 300 engine with one destroyed slot would work as effectively as a 225 engine in the same mech. Two crits would drop its effectiveness down to a 150, and three crits would make you almost completely ineffective, but still "alive", just like if you get legged, actually. A fourth crit breeches the core and you go boom.

Destroyed lower arm actuator? -25% arm movement.
Destroyed leg actuator? -25% movement speed.
Gyro crit? -25% torso twist, crosshair moves erratically (think of a wobbly drunk guy) and fall damage doubled (since we cannot actually fall down currently)

These would all be the same for Clan and IS, which retains the Clan advantage with XL engines, but much less of a difference than currently.

#159 Meta 4

• Pip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 13 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

Glad to see we have a brawl map.
This will keep things interesting!

Hopefully we can get a choice of mechs once we know what map we are dropping on.

#160 Shogun459

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

All this talk of "Balancing the game is foolish.

NO match is EVER balanced.

If you want true 'Balance' go play checkers, or play a private match were you're all in Jenners with Mlasers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users